Player's Agent Wants Worse Deal.

Never saw this before in FM 19 Touch or full version.  Agent for one of my Key Players is requesting an "Improved Deal".  As a rule, I don't renegotiate contracts until players are in the last year of their current one. But looking at the new contract request, the salary is slightly lower than what the player is currently making. His contract would only be extended by one year. Bonus aside, am I missing something or is this possibly the worst agent in FM?

Current Contract                                                                                                                                                                     New Contract

Serna_Existing.thumb.png.a8d125e42147e139c3e9672e871a5572.pngCurrent_offer_Serna.thumb.png.6ace7ae6f54a88bb8d41e1f697cdcca5.png

• SI Staff

Hi @Heywood JaBlowme, I see what you mean, but in the player's latest requested contract you can see that it's obviously built on various incentives - in particular winning the Champions Cup.

It's unusual that a player would request a lower salary, but it doesn't seem to be a significant decrease and has probably been done to compensate for the request of a relatively large bonus for winning the cup.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived