[Suggestion] Tweaks to Arranging Friendlies

fmsamo

image.thumb.png.9069b061325a721c615850771c693fd2.png

We're all aware of how this looks by now. I'd like to suggest some tweaks and additions be made to it to help us when deciding who to pick to play against in friendlies.

• I'd like to see some extra information added to this screen, maybe the country the clubs are from and the league they play in. A lot of the time my decisions on friendlies are based where the clubs are based, picking a mix of clubs from different countries that are relatively closeby.
  • What does that monetary value relate to? Is it the money that club pays you to play them if you're playing away? Is it profit after the estimated travel costs of getting there? It'd be awesome for this to be clearer.
  • Some kind of estimation of travel costs would be great. With some of the suggested foreign clubs on the quick lists, they're usually from further afield rather than clubs closer to home.
  • It gives us an indication of reputation, but I'd love to see the star ratings for reputation
  • More input from your assistant, scouting team or the board on why you should play certain clubs or go to certain countries
    • "You've just signed Player X from a commercially lucrative country, why not play Club Y from that country for some potential future financial gain from shirt sales, exposure to new fans, increased social media followers etc"
    • "We signed Player X from Club Y, why don't we play his old side in a friendly to strengthen the tie between the clubs and increase our reputation in that country?
    • "Club Y is out of form, we should play against them to increase our morale"
    • "We've scouted Player X previously and he's on our list of targets, why don't we play against Club Y for a closer look at him in a game environment?"

There's probably plenty of other things that some would like to see here too.

On 27/05/2019 at 14:14, fmsamo said:

What does that monetary value relate to? Is it the money that club pays you to play them if you're playing away? Is it profit after the estimated travel costs of getting there? It'd be awesome for this to be clearer.

Agree with this, it can be a little unclear. I have even cancelled friendlies before that my AM setup because it appeared like we would lose money from playing the game and my club wasn't wealthy enough to take that risk.

Your other suggestions are good too. The other thing I don't like is that the clubs that are suggested under the quick options are always the same so varying opposition isn't as easy when arranging one off friendlies (as opposed to tours).

Archived