[Suggestion] Split Natural Fitness into Two Attributes

DementedHammer

This has been bothering me for years, but I really think that natural fitness needs to be split into two different attributes, as it controls two totally independent things (one of which should probably also be a hidden attribute). 

I'd suggest natural fitness as it currently stands is split into two attributes something like the following:

• Recovery rate - The ability of a player to recover between matches, resist jadedness etc.
  • Longevity [this should be a hidden attribute]  - The rate at which a player's physical attributes decline later in their career.

I realise that the above is a bit of an over-simplification, and other things (such as professionalism, injuries etc.) do impact a player's career. But, as things currently stand, it really bothers me that I know reasonably clearly in advance how much a player's physical attributes are likely to decline as they get older. I'd prefer this part of natural fitness to be controlled by a different hidden attribute.

• DementedHammer changed the title to [Suggestion] Split Natural Fitness into Two Attributes

@DementedHammer isn't it somewhat clear in real life which players are going to decline? Two examples that come to mind where the general public could see that one was going to vastly outlast the other's stay at the top level are Cristiano Ronaldo and Wayne Rooney. I imagine coaches who work day in, day out with a player would have a pretty good idea too. 

I can kinda see the logic in the OP. 

Recovery Rate could be impacted by the Intensity off the tactic during a match, the amount of work done in training etc, knocks picked up during the game.

Longevity by any injuries occurring throughout the career - a damaged knee at 17yrs could come back and haunt the player when he reaches 30, hamstrings etc could all shorten a career. Other injuries however, one that keeps a player sidelined for a season say - could lengthen and allow a couple more seasons at the end.

1 hour ago, zlatanera said:

@DementedHammer isn't it somewhat clear in real life which players are going to decline? Two examples that come to mind where the general public could see that one was going to vastly outlast the other's stay at the top level are Cristiano Ronaldo and Wayne Rooney. I imagine coaches who work day in, day out with a player would have a pretty good idea too. 

I totally understand where you are coming from. (Although, I'd argue that the example above is more down to professionalism and looking after one's self than natural longevity.) Personally, I'd prefer the longevity side of things to be handled more like how the other hidden attributes are handled, where they're touched on in coach reports etc. without ever being explicitly defined. 

At the moment, especially with younger players, it feels like the existing system is a bit too well defined.

I guess this also touches on another feature request that I made requesting the fog of war to also apply when joining a new team. Although I'd personally prefer a hidden attribute, another option might be to show longevity as a range that becomes more well defined as a player ages. 

2 minutes ago, DementedHammer said:

I totally understand where you are coming from. Personally, I'd prefer the longevity side of things to be handled more like how the other hidden attributes are handled, where they're touched on in coach reports etc. without ever being explicitly defined. 

At the moment, especially with younger players, it feels like the existing system is a bit too well defined.

I guess this also touches on another feature request that I made requesting the fog of war to also apply when joining a new team. Although I'd personally prefer a hidden attribute, another option might be to show longevity as a range that becomes more well defined as a player ages. 

I wouldn't hate it if they implemented your suggestion, although in my experience anyway I've seen guys with high NF decline fast. Although I guess that's because my teams tend to be young so when its old, its Aritz Aduriz on FM15-18 or finally getting Cristiano to leave Real aged 35 on previous years and by 36 all the physicals have arrows vertically downwards.

You kinda do have a 'fog of war' - star ratings tend to be significantly revised a few months in from when you first start, I've noticed. Just thinking of my Ajax saves where at the start you have maybe 30 guys on the books rated 5 star potential between the 3 squads, by the time you're getting ready for your youth intake a lot of those, particularly the B team guys, have been downgraded to maybe 3.5 star potential. 

Archived