Scouting next opponent

Does scouting next opponent matter in setting opposition instructions in next match.

Does scout doing next opponent scouting needs tactical knowledge.

Thanks.

I always have the scout with the highest Tactical Knowledge scouting next opposition.

Yes I think it helps inform the AssMan recommendations, but also gives more detail in your pre-match reports. Opposition formation and player roles as opposed to just formation. 

Analysts also help in this regard if you have them.

With lower league clubs it can be a bit of juggle with your resources, but I would always have Scout Next Opposition.

My scout that is assigned to scout the next opposition has 14 for Tactical Knowledge and is bringing the same report every time. Mixed tempo, short passing. I don't think the scout reports are working as intended.

49 minutes ago, Vali184 said:

My scout that is assigned to scout the next opposition has 14 for Tactical Knowledge and is bringing the same report every time. Mixed tempo, short passing. I don't think the scout reports are working as intended.

My scout doesn't tell me how I should play, just how he expects the opposition will play. I don't see anything about the tempo or passing length in the report either.

2 hours ago, Snorks said:

My scout doesn't tell me how I should play, just how he expects the opposition will play. I don't see anything about the tempo or passing length in the report either.

Of course he tells me how the opposition plays, and according to him everyone plays a mixed tempo short passing game. Every single report is like that.

8 hours ago, Vali184 said:

Of course he tells me how the opposition plays, and according to him everyone plays a mixed tempo short passing game. Every single report is like that.

Ah I see, I misread your post.

Archived