Players' roles guide

Found two wonderful guides on players' roles, which really helped me to better understand various roles and duties:

https://strikerless.com/2018/05/16/understanding-roles-in-football-manager-and-real-life-part-1/

https://strikerless.com/2018/05/23/understanding-roles-in-football-manager-and-real-life-part-2/

What's best here is that the explanation is illustrated with simple images, showing how a player in a certain role moves across the pitch during the attack and how he contributes to the defence. I found it much more clear than just wall of plain text (like in-game explanations or many other guides).

Unfortunately, only attacking and midfield players were explained in these guides. Even though the author was planning to release new guides more than year ago - he didn't (I hope he's allright and just decided to do something else instead).

Does anybody know any similar guides, with graphical explanations of player positioning and movement in different roles?

On 25/06/2019 at 20:34, herne79 said:

The only one you'll ever need and right here on the forum: 

What a great guide indeed! Sadly, I could't find it with a search. It definitely should be sticked to the top of the section once it's complete!

On 26/06/2019 at 14:24, crusadertsar said:

I know this is shameless selfpromotion probably but I'm doing a series of more exotic role guides on dictatethegame.com

You can see the latest one here (and also on the forum) and it links the other role guides at the end. So far I covered pressing forward, regista, trequartista, wide targetman and shadow striker.

Great guide as well! If I may make a small suggestion - it would be even better if you added a few schemes of how a player with a chosen role tends to move across the pitch in the attacking/defensive phases. Still a great job, I liked especially historical part - that's very interesting to learn.

On 27/06/2019 at 18:16, Exius said:

What a great guide indeed! Sadly, I could't find it with a search. It definitely should be sticked to the top of the section once it's complete!

Great guide as well! If I may make a small suggestion - it would be even better if you added a few schemes of how a player with a chosen role tends to move across the pitch in the attacking/defensive phases. Still a great job, I liked especially historical part - that's very interesting to learn.

Thank you! Good idea about the schemes

Archived