[Suggestion] further budget restrictions

leviathan1904

I would like the budget for transfers to be subject to further restrictions in order to better reflect the real conditions that exist in some clubs. 

So far in FM, the total amount is at the manager's free disposal, so to speak. During contract negotiations, there are - depending on the team status - guidelines from the board as to how much may be spent on one player at the most. A key player may earn more than a first team player and so on. I think this is very good because it guarantees serious economic management. With transfers, however, the manager - as far as I can see - has a completely free hand, as long as he does not exceed the total amount of the budget. Only when a transfer is outside the available budget does the board prevent the finalization. What is missing from my point of view is that transfers above a certain amount have to be approved by the board - even though they are within the overall budget

Let's take a current German example. According to Uli Hoeneß, Chairman of the Supervisory Board of FC Bayern Munich, it has been decided internally that no more than 200 million will be spent on transfers for the coming season (total budget). At the same time, he has revealed internal procedures that the director of football, Hasan Salihamidzic, does not have to obtain the approval of the board for transfers below 25 million (see: https://www.kicker.de/747635/artikel - unfortunately only in German). Conversely, this means that transfers over 25 million must always be approved. So the board has a "say" on whether a certain amount is justified for a certain player. Salihamidzic could thus easily engage eight players for 25 million each - but not four for 50 million. This does not mean that FC Bayern would prevent the latter in principle, but at least it is up for discussion. 

As far as I know, the board is already evaluating the individual transfers in FM. This could be followed up in order to add the restrictions I have described.

Such a limitation may not be desirable for some FM users. But I think such a game mechanics would come one step closer to the simulation of reality. Possibly such specifications do not exist with many clubs or consultations are necessary with other sums. This is certainly related to the personality of the club owner. Accordingly, the FM already offers a starting point for this.

Thanks.

Archived