Money

Thanks SI for such a terrible game. I feel I've been cheated on... why if I buy a TV which doesn't work I'm given my money back and if I buy a game which doesn't work I just have to accept it and say: "ok, they didn't test the game I paid for, but it doesn't matter, I'm happy to spend my money on it"

Good god, you mean they actually charge for the phone call? I would've thought it would've been a freephone number considering people had already paid for the product.

I thought he meant that was what he paid for the game. I could be wrong though.

Thanks SI for such a terrible game. I feel I've been cheated on... why if I buy a TV which doesn't work I'm given my money back and if I buy a game which doesn't work I just have to accept it and say: "ok, they didn't test the game I paid for, but it doesn't matter, I'm happy to spend my money on it"

Well, if you post saying what is wrong people may be able to help you to get it to work.

Good god, you mean they actually charge for the phone call? I would've thought it would've been a freephone number considering people had already paid for the product.

Yeah you would imagine that ! Cant believe if it's true they charge you for that, SI/EA/Sega all the same thing.

Surely it can't be leagal to charge you to register the product when you have already paid for the game. Even Microsoft don't do that!!!

You wouldn't buy a car and then pay again for the keys!!!!

I've spent 7 phone calls until the key was finally accepted. Went through all the hundreds of keys and activation codes. It said "CONGRATULATIONS YOUR PRODUCT IS NOW REGISTERED". I clicked OK then double clicked on the icon again and it started all over again telling me my trial period had expired and I would have to register!!

Funny how it doesn't tell you this on the box!!!

This application has failed to start because saAuditMD.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem

that is all im getting i need a DLL i think. Also there is no shortcut created on my desktop, I havent played the game yet.

This application has failed to start because saAuditMD.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem

that is all im getting i need a DLL i think. Also there is no shortcut created on my desktop, I havent played the game yet.

Refer to this post/information: http://footballmanager.net/index.php?p=article&newsid=2539

Hope this section helps you.

i have installed it fine but when i click on the icon to start the game, it fails to start and says fm has encountered a problem and needs to close. Really need help here please, dont understand this at all. Help would be very much appreciated! Thanks

if u used a mobile phone to activate when its free of a landline u seem like the sort of person i could use working for me, i need a stupi.........decent labourer ill pay u twenty quid for every hundre............sixty quid i make. deal ?? :D

What the hell you on about??? Some people dont have house phones. No wonder it sounds like you need other people to make money for you.

Try thinking before trying to get a laugh at someone elses expense.

i spent 8 hours trying to get it to work so go to asda or a supermarket near you buy another copy of the game and with the recipt take the game that does not work back and get your money back thats what i did

That doesn't make sense.

"I have a game that I can't play. I know, I'll buy another one, then get my money back on this one!"

You'll still have paid the same amount and you still won't be able to activate it.

That doesn't make sense.

"I have a game that I can't play. I know, I'll buy another one, then get my money back on this one!"

You'll still have paid the same amount and you still won't be able to activate it.

I think he meant it slightly differently but it still does not make sense.

I think he meant that go buy another copy of the game so you have 2. Then use the receipt of your 2nd copy to bring back your 1st copy.

That does not make sense either but that was what I thought he was trying to say. :confused:

AshWinsy... try re-installing it, that worked for me... and i went into program files, SI, fm 09, then started it from there.

hope this helps.

If your using vista cant you just go to start\games then click on the FM icon thats there? You can also access the editor this way by right clicking on the FM icon and selecting run data editor from the small menu that you get.

Has anyone found a solution the the Data Editor issue yet? The one where it says 'application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect'?? Is this a Vista only problem? Any help would be appreciated.

I'm using vista and the editor works fine. Do you have the patch installed.

I have spent 15 quid trying to activate this game by phone and still not working

Please - contact Customer Services and they'll resolve this for you - you can mail them and they'll mail back or return a call.

http://help.sega.com/?group=englishuk&t=EnglishUK

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=63556 - this issue is solved in here.

If you installed via Steam, you'll need to run Steam once. go to "My Games" and where you see Football Manager in the list, right click on it. Once you've done that, you'll see the option for "Create Desktop Shortcut".

Hi i've noticed something strange with how the game runs when in window mode.

When playing it in full screen mode all is fine, but when i change it to window mode it constently use 50%~60% of the cpu, even when it's left there doing nothing.

Is this a known problem, if so can we expect a fix in the next patch thats out, thanks :)

ps. it's being run on XP64 with the "run as windows xp" option selected

Just been told by Chris Ritchie to put this problem on here, think its the same problem as tel123's.

Wonder if you could help my predicament please. Soft Anchor screen comes up requesting I activate either using online or phone, I click phone as I have no internet. I then enter my key which I have checked into the boxes. I then proceed phoning the number requested for UK. After this I type in all request keys and response keys correctly. Fill out the Auth Keys at the bottom. Voice on the phone states 'your activation is complete, goodbye'. Screen then says activation complete. I then click finish. In anticipation I click on the FM logo on the desktop and it comes up with the Soft Anchor screen stating that my trial has expired, please insert your key code again. Its like a never ending circle. I am seeing a few bits and bobs on the forum to try and sort it out but I dont know where to look 1st, please help.

Cheers,

Craig

i keep reinstaling my game as the editor will not work, i keep getting this message:

c:\programe files\sports interactive\football manager 2009\tools\dara editor.exe

this applicstion has failed to start because the application configuation is incorrect. Reinstalline the application may fix this problem

also some times my computer freezes and is non responsive, never had this problem before and i have a high end 1 year old hp laptop!!! i refuse to upgrade a practically new laptop.

Any chance of some help peeps. I've installed the game and the patch and all seemed ok right click function etc is working fine. But when I try to start a game it freezes on the picture of the pitch and just freezes with the grey box in the middle of the screen saying "setting up match". I have tried to play the game in 2D but can't see where to change this I have managed to play one game where i did get the pitch up at all, but think that was a bit of a fluke. I'm getting desperate now

"This application has failed to start because saAuditMD.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem"

How do I reinstall the game? I downloaded it from Steam and I don't know how to reinstall.

Edit: Never mind I figured it out.

Any chance of some help peeps. I've installed the game and the patch and all seemed ok right click function etc is working fine. But when I try to start a game it freezes on the picture of the pitch and just freezes with the grey box in the middle of the screen saying "setting up match". I have tried to play the game in 2D but can't see where to change this I have managed to play one game where i did get the pitch up at all, but think that was a bit of a fluke. I'm getting desperate now

I have the same issue - installed the game fine and played one match in 3D view. Saved and came to play the next day, but, like the quote above, the game freezes when setting up the match. ctrl + alt + del to get out, where task manager tells me that the game is not repsonding.

Any help with this would be great. Not sure if it makes any difference, but I had the same issue with the demo.

This is becoming a farce. I installed the game and had no problems activating and got a few weeks into the season. However, it installed automatically onto my C and I wanted it on a different drive. I was told that the way to do this was to uninstall and reinstall using advanced/custom install. I uninstalled and put the disc in and it started a completely different installation process than the one I had used first time round!!! It gave me options of Steam or Uniloc(?). I chose steam and it installed Steam. No sign of FM though. I'm extremely annoyed by this game. I've already had to fork out for a DVD drive on top of the game cost and if I ever get it working again will have to get a new graphics card to get the 3D game engine.

Can anybody help??!!

Archived