Social media feed - vital part or optional extra?

I know I'm only 1 game day into my very first FM19 career, but I was signed up to follow nearly 400 social media accounts! Ridiculous! So I cut it down to 3 - ha!

My question is though, how vital is the social media part of the game? Will I miss out on key information by not following accounts? I've assumed it's just a 'nice to have'.

However, say, for example, a club bids on a player who I have on my shortlist. How do I find out? Inbox item? Social media? News item?

Thanks!

Social media is there really for immersion.

21 minutes ago, Peter Morgan said:

However, say, for example, a club bids on a player who I have on my shortlist. How do I find out? Inbox item?

Inbox item.

I don't know what impact it has on the game but I enjoy the social feed, you see a fair bit of a repetition though. 

You do see some transfer links and rumours that you may not see anywhere else

Dont you want to hear the press and fans talking behind your back, whispering, players complaining to the press. They are talking about you right now in the social media..... ;)

Some of it is quite funny though, if you've had a player out injured you'll get the odd fan "doubting the injury" 

"Player X Returns to training following broken leg"

Top Fan Dave - "Think he's been faking it #playinggolf" 

For me the novelty wore off back in FM17. I unsubscribe from all clubs and leagues that I by default follow, just so that whenever I do glance at it it might be something relevant like a guy having a release clause I hadn't noticed. But unless the game takes me to that screen I don't look at it.

Yeah, I switch it off - never used it since about three weeks into the first save of the first release.

Always the three positive, neutral, negative reactions - Wow what a signing/Let's wait and see/What a waste of money.

I guess there's not going to be many people saying they like it, and I certainly don't.

But if the aim was to simulate how managers feel about social media I imagine this frustration at the endless inanity of it all is pretty accurate

Archived