Improvements to national team management.

Azkal

Agree with all of this. Also think there should be an option to assign the FA the responsibility of hiring other staff members the same as with club management. Let them hire/fire the managers of the youth teams etc

• 4 weeks later...

I agree with all this, especially second nationalities. 

The demographics of SI are completely outdated and inaccurate and i've been reporting this numerous times. I would be glad to help to correct the demographics, i've already collected data for several countries.

Off topic but do you mind sharing some screens about your save. I'm REALLY interested into this type of saves. Winning the ACL with a team from a minor asian country is a huge achievement, much more than winning the UCL with a team from a minor euro country.

I would add more realistic media reactions before and after an international game, sacking a national manager easier like IRL(especially in "smaller" nations they almost never sack a manager and  we must wait until he  leaves his post to take the job) and more specific goals from your FA.

Hi, I mostly agree with the majority of your ideas, but I can't agree fully on all of them.

On 10/07/2019 at 15:15, Azkal said:

Dynamic 'Youth Rating'

I am not saying it's realistic for a country to produce better players in the same way a club can improve youth facilities/recruitment, but youth rating needs to be dynamic, even if it only improves very slightly every few years. Think about the changes in real life to Hungary, or Belgium. It should change, even if it's a long period of time. 

While I agree that this shouldn't be a static cap, the rating should be less tied to the national team accomplishments and more to the average club ratings. People with talent are born everywhere in the world, the main difference is how you can train such talent. It all comes down to the fact if the talent can be spotted (youth recruitment) and taught (youth facilities). In theory, every youngster can become a great footballer because they are all human, but in practice the combination of determination, talent and enviroment are what makes the greatest what they are. First two are individual but the third one must be created/given in order to progress as a footballer. And these are created by clubs (I mean, usually - ofc in some countries there are some ideas of finding and training national talents but one national project has smaller chance of success than thousands upon thousands of club academies) - the federation can introduce projects, league rules, etc in order to support them, but that's the most they can do. National teams in it's own don't impact this process. Winning a tournament doesn't make the kids more talented... permamently. After a success the "kids" (regens) should get motivated, which would mean that more of them should pick up football, which would mean that the clubs would have the greater variety of choice for their academies, thus increasing the number of greater-than-usual talents. But it's not an everlasting boost.

Ok, this point got convoluted. In short - Youth Rating should be dynamic - it should be an average of Club Youth Ratings. International successes should result in a "boost" to the Youth Rating, starting 4-6 years after abnormal NT success and ending in 2-4 years. The boost should be slight, yer yielding singular results. (Explenation: "Kids" aged 10+ experiencing the NT success would become regens at 15-16 which explains why the start of such boost should be applied 4-6 years after. The boost should fizzle out quicker than it took to acquire it)

On 10/07/2019 at 15:15, Azkal said:

National Team Training facilities

Problem with this one lies in the fact that SI is pretty adamant in what the series is about. "It is Football Manager, not Football Chairman". What you described is tied to the competence of the federation, not NT manager.

On 14/08/2019 at 11:17, Sopel said:

Problem with this one lies in the fact that SI is pretty adamant in what the series is about. "It is Football Manager, not Football Chairman". What you described is tied to the competence of the federation, not NT manager.

In this sense, similar to the randomization of a club being target of a takeover, there could be random philanthropic (retired star's setting up an academy, for example) or government investment into football that improves club and/or national team infrastructure, national interest, and youth rating.

On 14/08/2019 at 11:17, Sopel said:

While I agree that this shouldn't be a static cap, the rating should be less tied to the national team accomplishments and more to the average club ratings. People with talent are born everywhere in the world, the main difference is how you can train such talent. It all comes down to the fact if the talent can be spotted (youth recruitment) and taught (youth facilities). In theory, every youngster can become a great footballer because they are all human, but in practice the combination of determination, talent and enviroment are what makes the greatest what they are. First two are individual but the third one must be created/given in order to progress as a footballer. And these are created by clubs (I mean, usually - ofc in some countries there are some ideas of finding and training national talents but one national project has smaller chance of success than thousands upon thousands of club academies) - the federation can introduce projects, league rules, etc in order to support them, but that's the most they can do. National teams in it's own don't impact this process. Winning a tournament doesn't make the kids more talented... permamently. After a success the "kids" (regens) should get motivated, which would mean that more of them should pick up football, which would mean that the clubs would have the greater variety of choice for their academies, thus increasing the number of greater-than-usual talents. But it's not an everlasting boost.

The national team doing well in a high profile tournament spurs interest, especially among youth, who then take to the sport and play with the club teams and emulate their idols from the national team's glory days. A bit of a cycle.

On 17/08/2019 at 23:36, Harper said:

In this sense, similar to the randomization of a club being target of a takeover, there could be random philanthropic (retired star's setting up an academy, for example) or government investment into football that improves club and/or national team infrastructure, national interest, and youth rating.

Easier solution - Federation's President, a new job position. Basically a Director for NT and other stuff. They are the ones that change league rules or start programs like those we talk about. Stats and individual traits could impact their focus while being the president. Also, they are basically hiring and firing NT managers. I suppose the exact roles are pretty unconventional so implementation of such deep mechanics would be hard, but as a positions, for starters, maybe?

On 17/08/2019 at 23:36, Harper said:

The national team doing well in a high profile tournament spurs interest, especially among youth, who then take to the sport and play with the club teams and emulate their idols from the national team's glory days. A bit of a cycle.

I wrote about that ;)

On 14/08/2019 at 17:17, Sopel said:

After a success the "kids" (regens) should get motivated, which would mean that more of them should pick up football, which would mean that the clubs would have the greater variety of choice for their academies, thus increasing the number of greater-than-usual talents. But it's not an everlasting boost.

• 11 months later...