More realism tweaks

lidge01

Hi.

FM version by version tries to emulate the real world and be as real as possible. Here are some ideas I feel will add to this in a new version of the game  :-

1. Increased AI relationship between staff and players :-

In the real world, managers often take staff with them from their old clubs and sign players from previous clubs that they are familiar with, who they know and fit the system they want to play. As an FM manager, am sure most of us do the same. However, i cant see any evidence that this happens much to AI managers. Its not often you move clubs and find for example, the assistant manager has taken a job with the old manager and vary rarely (if at all) do AI managers sign players from their previous clubs. It would be nice if this could be enhanced to mirror what happens in the real football world..

2. Important dates :-

This is a very small thing but something I find quite annoying. Its amazing how many times you will get invited for an job interview (and similar things) on such days as Christmas day. Would this happen in the real world, i think not

3. Sendings off :-

It seems to me that if you get a player sent off in a game, it is simply something that "happens"and for me anyway, seems to make little difference to the result. I usually win more games than I lose after going down to 10 men and usually without any tactical tweaks whatsoever. It would be nice if sendings off had a more significant impact and the AI was able to adapt accordingly to being a man up, just as an opposing manager would in real life.

4. Injuries :-

Similar to point 3, its amazing how many times one of your players gets injured and has the injury sign against their name in the match engine, yet despite this, seems to be able to run and dribble etc without any loss in pace or performance,  Again it seems an injury is just something that happens in a game without it having any actual consequences on the match engine or the AI.

These are just my thoughts, am sure others can think of a lot more.

• 11 months later...