2nd Patch

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We are working on a 9.2, no release date set yet though.

Regarding injuries - you can minimize them by:

- Not buying or playing injury prone players

- Managing your players' fitness, eg not wearing them out in matches especially when they arent match fit

However they are part and parcel of football and hence you will, like all teams IRL, go through peaks and troughs with them.

So while I will be tweaking injuries a bit further for 9.2, it wont necessarily mean less, just a more realistic spread.

Thank god I'm not at an English non league club if you think there is no problem with injuries. The players down there are not as fit as Shakhtar's first team, if I can get 12 injured (6 from what would be starting 11) in that then god knows how many of the squad of 17 would be injured in the Conference South :eek:

I also agree that injuries are completely fine now. I've had a mini injury crisis in my season, but it was quite realistic.

The game is by far and wide the most stable I have ever seen on a release day. Thoroughly addicted I must say.

If you are seeded 4th in the Champions League group stage and are playing away to Inter Milan the last thing you want is one of your defensive midfielders deciding to swap places with the striker whenever they feel like it, making the midfield pretty pointless! :mad:

By the way PaulC, wouldn't creating a sticky that covers all forums in which there is a post listing all the bugs/problems you are aware of and what your response to them is (doesn't need to be fixed, will be fixed in 2nd patch, being investigated further etc) at the top of the page be better? Then we can look at the list and it will stop people moaning about things if you say it's being considered as we know where we stand and if you say it's being fixed then we know it's a just a matter of waiting for the second patch. I still haven't had a response about my lot swapping positions, that's the only thing that's stopping me playing it as the injuries are not a massive problem with my squad of 47, although I'm still convinced I would have finished 3rd in the CL group had it not been for an injury to my star player (he likes getting injured, funny that) :(

25% is ok,but the base is toooooooo big,so 25% is not enough at all!

its because our training and settings? so you guys mean training hard leadss so much ****ing injuries? Ohhh,so that soldiers should be all injuried and no war in the world at all !!

footballers aren't soldiers.

Have no problems with injuries, just want the lag fixed. Dont want to be waiting 3 minutes everytime I want to make a sub because its setting up match. Very frustrating and makes me feel out of pocket because I shelled out £30 for a game Im not really enjoying at the minute.

PAUL C

will you be looking at the match engine again???/

Because many goals are long range shots, 25,30yarders etc, and free kicks i rarely see players through one on one or nice team build up goals.

This is the snag to the game for me.

(i can live with some of the dodgy transfers but BENARD MENDY AND NOE PARAMOT scoring wondergoals past me is getting to me :))

err thats why they released the patch for the game when it came out, try downloading the patch if and when you buy the game. Injuries are a lot less.

i haven't had a problem with injuries, i have put together a decent sized squad for spurs, only major injury i have had is Bale (out for 3 months).. no not King or Woodgate who hasn't been injured all season...

I haven't played around much with the training, but i have a range of decent coaches that give me 6 or 7 stars through out the training, and 2 trainers for each section. I get about 1 injury every 3 games, a few minor niggles here or there.. Worse time my squad had - was during december in the first season when i had lots of matches all at the same time, and decided for some stupid reason to just keep playing the same players... in the end half of them ended up injured - it was my fault considering i ran the poor players into the ground, and didn't rotate my team around when i should have done so.

it is pretty simple: don't overtrain your players, and don't play them if their natural fitness level is below 90% before the game, just put them on the subs bench to bring them on in the last 30 minutes. That way you are continually playing players that are match fit, and don't ever bring back a player from injury too soon you are asking for trouble.

Oh and don;t forget - rotate your squad, that is what you have a squad for, and if necessary blood a few youngsters as well.

As far as not playing players with fitness levels below 90.. If you are playing with a lower league side, sometimes you don't have that option.

I can't wait to receive my copy of the game, I am looking forward to 09 so much, the demo was great. Injuries were only too frequent because they have been made more realistic and we weren't used to a realistic pre-season, once I adapted to this in my second go at the demo everything was fine.

SI patching the game/continuing to work on it is great for the long-term nature of the game, already looking forward to FM10 :)

Archived