Colour of options in Pre Match Tactical Briefing

I've looked about for some proper official info on this but I couldn't and I'm a little puzzled.

I know I'm using a custom skin, but this appears to be a thing with the default skin too.

Why are certain options in the PMTB a different colour (blue in this case)

"Work the ball into the box" was a recommended instruction from my AM but the other options highlighted in blue were not, and selecting them results in a neutral response from the squad - who almost always agree with tactical recommendations from my AM - which when chosen don't always show up as blue options as far as I know. So the purpose of these blue options is still a mystery to me.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Screenshot 2019-07-21 at 10.45.07.png

• 2 weeks later...

You could well be right. Although, judging by previous discussions about the PMTB there are so few players who ever use it I;m not sure anyone was confident to answer your question :cool:

I use the tactical briefing, and I can't make head nor tail of the colour coding. I think @theinfamousmielie might be right about it being the AM's preference, but since much of what he advises overall seems to be just plain wrong, I don't know.  Occasionally the team will not agree with my instruction, then agree with something else enthusiastically, but I'm not sure how much difference it makes. If I omit the PMTB, it sometimes feels as if the gears are grinding a bit, but that might just be my perception. I'm not convinced that it makes a lot of difference overall.

• 5 weeks later...

I've just started undertaking the pre-match tactical briefing myself having previously left it to the Ass Man. In answer to the original question I'm sure that the colour coded comments are the Ass  Man's preferred options. I've been stopping as soon as I've reached any instruction to which the players react positively.

I have always thought it as Ass Man's view.

At times I do find his advice very extreme in terms of being ok to just plain stupid....maybe the stupid person is actually me

If we aren't sure then the screen needs SI to build in tips / help / key to make this clear

5 minutes ago, AytchMan said:

There's nothing unusual about suggesting a flexible shape to support more creative freedom.  They go hand-in-hand.

You can't set shape in FM19 it's determined by your tactic so I'm suprised to see the Ass Man mention it.

You can to the extent of setting player roles to Support.  Put them all on Attack or Defense and you'll have a structured shape.  Put them on Support and you'll be flexible.  It's listed on the Tactics screen below the DL position -- Team Fluidity.

13 hours ago, AytchMan said:

You can to the extent of setting player roles to Support.  Put them all on Attack or Defense and you'll have a structured shape.  Put them on Support and you'll be flexible.  It's listed on the Tactics screen below the DL position -- Team Fluidity.

Yes, of course. The fluidity of the team is set by the combination of your formation and the specific roles within that formation. I even noticed that in one tactic I used that if I changed one of the full backs from attacking to support the fluidity description changed. My point is that you or the Ass Man shouldn’t be able to tell the team to play with any particular fluidity in FM19

Oh, I don't know.  I'll agree that in this version of FM, the suggestion is a bit nebulous as there is no specific setting or slider that changes fluidity.  However, as a general suggestion, I think it's okay.  You can change one or more roles to Support and achieve the objective.  I guess the question is:  are there other suggestions the AM makes that operate the same way?  That is, are there other general suggestions that are not tied to one simple, specific change?  I'm not sure.  But, as long as I know that there are specific actions I can take to implement any given suggestion, I think it's fine.

Archived