Better press conference options

Tom8983

The answers we get to choose from in press conferences really need an overhaul. One example that comes to mind is that my current tactic is a counter attacking one, so I often have about 40% possession or less. Yet when I win, and am asked about getting a result with less possession than the opposition, there's no positive options along the lines of, "yes that's exactly what we wanted to do and my players performed magnificently". There's maybe one option that seems like it's intended along those lines but really doesn't achieve positivity at all, and comes across as making excuses for the lack of possession, like possession is the be all and end all of football.

Another example is when you're asked why you didn't substitute somebody who was having a bad game. Why there isn't an option to say "others were playing worse and I only have so many substitutions I can do" is beyond me.

There's many more that pop up occasionally, but these are the two that immediately spring to mind.

Real-life press conferences are boring and repetitive! :D

But yes, I do see where you're coming from. There really should be more than five possible answers to certain questions, especially when the existing answers are basically just: very positive / positive / neutral / slightly negative / more negative.

I would also like to see more contextual questions. FM19 added quite a few of these, which is a positive step, but more variety is always welcome.

Yea I've no major issues with the repetitiveness of them, there's only so many variants that can be squeezed into the game. But a lot of the times, the options are all wrong and it's really annoying.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived