More visuals, easier UI to navigate

birdman16

As title says,

I love the game but the UI is a pain in the ass to navigate through the game and I often get lost with all the information in the game, reading attributes gives me a headache and I find it annoying flipping back and forth between pages just to compare stats.

Here are some suggestions I thought would fix the game

- Tactics screen, Please provide more information on the tactics screen, I find myself using a notepad and pen when trying to visualize how my tactic will play out. I'd like to see arrows drawn on the tactic screen to show "Go Forward" or a little Foot Icon next to a player who is asked to "Dribble More". 

- Let us change set-piece with a single click from a menu without having to go into the Set-Pieces tab

- During match, let us right click on players to have a little circle graphic come up around them to change their PIs, let us do the same for Opposition players. Let us Click and Drag players onto opponents "Mark" them opponents, or "Tackle Harder"

- Let us see the training of the players, give us an option to "attend" training sessions to see how players are  working. I want to see some 3D visuals of my players running down a field for endurance training to see how hard they work or how fast they run, I want to see players taking turns shooting at goal, practicing shot accuracy

- On the mentoring screen, change how we setup groups. Have something more fluid, allow us to see an overview of the player cards and allow us to drag them around into groups, make it easier for us to visually create these groups

- Let us customize training further, let us separate players to work with specific coaches. Allow attacking players to do their form of training while GK coaches can take the GK to do their own form of training instead of having to pick "Goalkeeping" training for every player.

I don't want to sound like a stickler but I bought every FM since '10. I've yet to see the game go from a spreadsheet simulator to something more visual. SI has been using the same UI and same design for years. If there aren't visual changes to the game in '20 I'm probably going to finally skip a version

Edited by birdman16

• 1 year later...