Youth Transfer Rule? Did I mess up signing 2 worldie newgens?! Please help!

Okay so my long save crashed so I played a new one. Last night I just made West Brom champs in Championship. I received 45 million transfer budget. As usual, I checked the relegated clubs from different leagues to find unhappy bargains and then I saw FC Metz of Ligue 1.

I forgot to take screenshots but they have 2 worldie newgens! I am talking 2 superstars in first youth intake and both of them are 15 years old. Huge teams such as PSG, Manchester City, Real Madrid are sniffing these two kids so I quickly made my move. I offered 2 million upfront and 2 million in 3 installments per year for each kid. FC Metz accepted and I offered both of them professional contracts.

I saw that my contract offers will only start with Newgen A (Right Back) on June 2020 and Newgen B (Center Mid) on June 2021. So I thought, they will be on youth contracts first.

They both accepted my offers and they will only join my club on 2020 and 2021! Did I make a mistake? I was thinking, should I offer loan to buy instead so that they will join as soon as possible?! This is the first time I encountered this with newgens so I hope you can help me this.

Thanks in advance.

From FIFA regulations:

International transfers of players are only permitted if the player is over the
age of 18.

The following three exceptions to this rule apply:
a) The player’s parents move to the country in which the new club is located
for reasons not linked to football.
b)     The transfer takes place within the territory of the European Union (EU) or
European Economic Area (EEA) and the player is aged between 16 and 18.

c)     The player lives no further than 50km from a national border and the
club with which the player wishes to be registered in the neighbouring
association is also within 50km of that border. The maximum distance
between the player’s domicile and the club’s headquarters shall be 100km.
In such cases, the player must continue to live at home and the two
associations concerned must give their explicit consent.

2 hours ago, sporadicsmiles said:

On the plus side, if they get regular game time at Metz they will arrive in your squad totally ready for first team action and you will be able to make a really good profit on them if you decide to sell them on at some point.

Yes mate that's what I came to realize as well. I'm just too excited to manage those newgens lol. I really found it weird that in first youth intake, Metz' key player is the center mid newgen and the hottest prospect is the right back. I finally signed them for 15k per week. I will post their screenshots maybe later.

8 minutes ago, Paddy9596 said:

They should join in the first transfer window after they turn 16

One will join 2020 and the other one on 2021. But both of them are 15 years old. Anyways, I already locked them up so in next 2 seasons, I will have amazing newgens from Metz lol.

4 hours ago, Paddy9596 said:

They should join in the first transfer window after they turn 16

If he has had brexit EU players cannot move to non EU teams until they are 18. So they will remain where they are until the first window after they turn 18

Archived