New signings - contract stage - contribution from Selling team

Hi Guys,

Last post for a while. Is there any news on FM bringing in a clause in contracts whereby the selling team (to you) is asked to pay a contribution of wage in order to get the deal over the line. Why can the AI demand you pay 30% of a large earners wage and you cant do similar?? Very frustrating when (for example) you are Celtic and you seek to sign , say , an out of favour Sane from City. Have enough money to pay the transfer but cant even come close to paying the wage. It would be an excellent feature and one that to be honest is badly needed

18 minutes ago, fmhick5times said:

Hi Guys,

Last post for a while. Is there any news on FM bringing in a clause in contracts whereby the selling team (to you) is asked to pay a contribution of wage in order to get the deal over the line. Why can the AI demand you pay 30% of a large earners wage and you cant do similar?? Very frustrating when (for example) you are Celtic and you seek to sign , say , an out of favour Sane from City. Have enough money to pay the transfer but cant even come close to paying the wage. It would be an excellent feature and one that to be honest is badly needed

You already can! Check under clauses next time you make a transfer offer - it's called "selling team wage contribution"

14 minutes ago, Spurs08 said:

You already can! Check under clauses next time you make a transfer offer - it's called "selling team wage contribution"

*Races home from work to see if this is true !!

Thanks a million - will check it out.. Always frustrated me but hey I obviously wasnt reading right

2 hours ago, JeffDogg said:

It out of the question for me to pay a salary for a player who leaves definitely. And clubs always come back asking for a contribution anyway

When you offer a player to a club, select 'selling team wage contribution' and then click on the drop down menu next to it and select 'remove and exclude from negotiation'. Problem solved.

16 minutes ago, Tom8983 said:

When you offer a player to a club, select 'selling team wage contribution' and then click on the drop down menu next to it and select 'remove and exclude from negotiation'. Problem solved.

I do, then they just refuse

Do note that the wage contribution is only for the remaining duration of what their contract would have been with you, so if it's a player that only had 1 or 2 years left on their contract with you, it can be worth using it just to offload the majority of their wages for that period.

15 hours ago, JeffDogg said:

It out of the question for me to pay a salary for a player who leaves definitely. And clubs always come back asking for a contribution anyway

Clubs usually ask this if the player is on the transfer list (so they know he's not wanted) and if he's on a fairly high wage in comparison to others. You should see this less if it's a player who isn't transfer listed. At least, that is how it is supposed to work.

2 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

Clubs usually ask this if the player is on the transfer list (so they know he's not wanted) and if he's on a fairly high wage in comparison to others. You should see this less if it's a player who isn't transfer listed. At least, that is how it is supposed to work.

This is how it works in game for me yes

Archived