[Suggestion] Editor - Choose where continental competition winners spot goes if they already qualified for next season continental competition domestically

Carlito85

After trying to recreate the UEFA competitions to include the Europa League 2, and Champions League/Europa League winners qualifying automatically for the Champions League, there is a lot of difficulty involved in trying to get things to work as intended due to a lack of specification.

My idea is we should have a section containing 3 drop down boxes with a list of options in the main competition tab, so we can choose the order of priority of where the spot goes if the winner of, say, the Champions League has already qualified via their domestic league position. For example:

1. Winners spot goes to the runner-up if the winner has already qualified domestically
2. If the runner-up has qualified already, the spot then goes to the domestic cup winner of the winner's nation
3. If the domestic cup winner has already qualified, then the spot goes to the next highest placed team in the winner's domestic league

I would also suggest adding an option to set a maximum number of teams per nation allowed to compete in a competition. I've experienced an issue of having 6 teams from the same nation in the Champions League, again due to a lack of specification regarding the winners place and who it will go to alternatively.

Edited by Carlito85

• 1 year later...