Interact more with assistant manager/ expand management team immersion

tarzanofmars

A top flight management team sees each other more than their own families IRL, but other than their suggestions for tactics they are not there for other issues in the game.

The level of interaction with players has grown so should it with your most important staff member.

Situation that left me wishing I could bring issues to my assistant Peter Krawitz, much like I can ask my captain to do certain things:

Obviously playing as Liverpool, on the 25th game of my first season in charge (this save, not IRL been playing since Champ M days), we drew 1-1 away at Chelsea, which broke our 24 game WINNING streak (PL and club record).

Team happiness through the roof, all players at perfect or exceptional...I had to sub Milner off for playing so badly, first time ever...

I criticized the team assertively in the post match and everyone was ‘fired up’.

After a day of rest I took a look at Millies last 5 games and not one was over 6.6, I’d missed that because we’d been winning.

First negative private chat all season...the next day I criticized his last game, which he’d acknowledged in the post game.

Very uncharacteristically for such a model professional he asked me if I need new ‘optics’! That he played great. He got a 6.5

I said I’m your manager don’t use that tone with me, I pick the team my opinion should matter (nice option btw) and he says he ‘stands by what he said’!

Now he’s had a ton of appearances, we’re well clear and it’s February and we’re still in the CL, so I’m like wtf.

So after that I told him he needed to up his performances overall, I chose the assertive but nicest option. Again none of the last 5 games were even remotely acceptable.

He doubles down on the attitude!

It’s the first time I felt so flabbergasted by the game that I went to my assistant Peter Krawitz’s screen loland wished I could say- (here’s the interaction sequence I’d love to see)

1. Tell me what you think of Milner’s last 5 games - obviously he’d say they are poor

2. I can then say well he disrespectfully told me they were not poor at all

3. Here is what I did- took out of the lineup vs Spurs and made him available for the U23s

4. What do you think?/I can’t let the vice captain talk to me like that etc

5. Assistant Manager recommends actions and offers option to have a meeting with both of us, offending and the captain

6. A punishment is agreed on and enacted

7. The lesson is applied to the squad AI etc

If it was somebody like Sturridge I’d stick him the reserves and forget him, but we need more realistic options for player crises with leadership players now that dynamics have evolved so.

I wanted to make VVD vice-captain right then but I also felt like a) A player like Milner would never do that and b) the game and squad AI wouldn’t recognize the wrongdoing that the human player does and it would cause an uproar 

Expanding the assistant  manager interactions (as an option, I know the instant result brigade doesn’t like more options) can help bring the new squad dynamics to life more and give the human player more of a feel for the management team aspect 

Thanks for reading 

• 11 months later...