Should I include leagues around me?

I'm currently playing in Gibraltar and was wondering if I should load spain all the way to their lowest level. I am not sure if the game recognizes that spain is close to GIB subsequently giving me better access to interested players

I'd definitely recommend including all adjacent leagues.  It adds more players that you can recruit and adds a bit more realism and immersion to your career.  In general, I'd recommend loading as many leagues as your computer can comfortably run.  Also, if your computer can handle it, set the Detail options to include as much as possible.  You'll get more reliable stats on both players and clubs.

14 hours ago, AytchMan said:

I'd definitely recommend including all adjacent leagues.  It adds more players that you can recruit and adds a bit more realism and immersion to your career.  In general, I'd recommend loading as many leagues as your computer can comfortably run.  Also, if your computer can handle it, set the Detail options to include as much as possible.  You'll get more reliable stats on both players and clubs.

i thought detail settings only allowed you to watch the games? it actually affects results?

21 minutes ago, jcp1417 said:

i thought detail settings only allowed you to watch the games? it actually affects results?

It does allow you to watch matches because it is simulated using the ME. If it isn't on full detail, you can't watch the match as the quick sim ME simulates it. That is why it slows processing so much.

Yes, the detail settings affect results.  As Hunter points out, on low detail the games are not actually played.  They're simulated, that is, the outcome (and player stats) are (somewhat) randomly generated based on the club and player ratings.  On high detail, the matches are played out the same way as when you watch your own match.  So you may get different (and generally more accurate) results on the higher detail settings.

• 1 month later...

Archived