Tactic Experiment - 442 no changes, building on herne79 experiment.

Ok guys so building on what @herne79 attempted in his previous topic found below..

Ive decided to do my own experiment. Ive built a standard 442 using no TI/PI/OI, however this tactic has been built to suit my team. So Ive chosen every player role based on what my player is best at -

https://imgur.com/a/tGbV5Nl

I'm also going to use the editor to keep my squads moral at least Extremely Good, and also fitness/match sharpness will be managed so that my first team is always available and players are healed when their fitness drops too low. I will use shouts/teamtalks to get as much positive responses as possible. 

The purpose of this experiment is to build on what herne79 demonstrated, however I want to go in a slightly different direction and see what we can achieve with an extremely basic tactic tailored to our teams talents, combined with "perfect" morale and fitness management. 

Also just to note, Crewe are 900-1 to win the league and predicted to finish 23rd, the CA of my players are pretty much the worst in the league. So I'd personally consider anything around mid table to be a strong overachievement. 

Whilst we won't be able to tell what individual factors have effected our results, I hope we can demonstrate the success one can achieve with little tactical nuance combined with all other externals influences managed very well. I'll update this topic over the next few days.

That's what I have for being late and twice switching my concept — people snipe me ^^

I'm especially looking forwards to how your DW performs; I see little of this role here in the forum and always wanted to see it go (but unfortunately I'm too much in love with other wingers...).

Just one question: Do you take PPMs as they come and adapt within the game or do you set them to better fit your team and tactic?

25 minutes ago, Piperita said:

That's what I have for being late and twice switching my concept — people snipe me ^^

I'm especially looking forwards to how your DW performs; I see little of this role here in the forum and always wanted to see it go (but unfortunately I'm too much in love with other wingers...).

Just one question: Do you take PPMs as they come and adapt within the game or do you set them to better fit your team and tactic?

I think I'll ignore any PPMs just to try to remain as tactically simple as possible. 

Do your own experiment still :P Always good to compare!

I think building a tactic to suit a team is more about the general style of play and how that style is executed rather simply playing a player in what the game believes to be their 'best' role (which is what I'm assuming you've done from looking at the position circles). While the tactic itself seems to make sense overall (midfield 2 with a runner and a holder, classic TM+P up front, overlapping play on the left with a winger on the right to provide width) I don't know if the best way to create a tactic, especially one in the context of no TIs, PIs or OIs since the impact of roles/duties is even more accentuated under these circumstances.

10 hours ago, FMExperiment said:

I think I'll ignore any PPMs just to try to remain as tactically simple as possible.

PPMs will still affect play whether you choose to factor them in when creating a tactic or not. For example if you were to play someone with 'Comes deep to get ball' as the poacher in the system they will not provide the depth that the role is there to provide as consistently as someone without it, or if your NFB had 'Gets forward whenever possible' and 'Tries to play way out of trouble' there may be times where they defy what the tactic is telling them to do.

16 hours ago, FMExperiment said:

So Ive chosen every player role based on what my player is best at -

https://imgur.com/a/tGbV5Nl

Having all the players with the full green circle is no guarantee that a tactic will work, nor does it guarantee that those are really their "ideal" roles. Although this particular setup of roles and duties does make sense (I guess haphazardly).

10 hours ago, Experienced Defender said:

Having all the players with the full green circle is no guarantee that a tactic will work, nor does it guarantee that those are really their "ideal" roles. Although this particular setup of roles and duties does make sense (I guess haphazardly).

Yeah I know :P

I probably should have been clearer in the initial post, but the point was to make a basic tactic in the most "simple" way possible and then see how it performs in conjunction with all over aspects of the game performed very well.

So it's basically a Tactic vs Morale/Condition/Match Shouts/Match preparation experiment. The former being as basic as possible, but the latter maximised to the best of my knowledge with the editor providing a bit of consistency.

But I'll do a proper summary once I've posted the results, just in January atm. Good way to spend my week off :lol:

Archived