Player Conversations

My biggest annoyance with Football Manager is the player conversation feature which since it wad first implemented has been two swallow to be anything better than tedious.

The biggest issue is there are not enough options to say what you need to say, and the sometimes the player not knowing the status of the club or the league .

Most recent example I'm 8 seasons in with Newcastle United, won the league last season along with the Carabao Cup.

This current season im joint top after 2o games and in the latter stages of champions league.

Demari Gray complains I rejected an offer from Arsenal, when I ask what will it take to keep him, he says he wants to win trophies and that's not realistically going to happen here.

Does he not know hes literally got 3 carabao cup medals, and a premier league winner medal from his time with me at Newcastle, and were are clearly challenging for silverware in this current season.

There is no option in the responses to tell him that.

Another example ive come accross is a player complaining about lack of first team football, however hes got poor natural fitness so hes harldy ever fit, and often hes carrying minor injuries.

Theres no option to say your first choice but your not fit.

The conversation system has been the same for years, would be nice if it was overhauled or just removed.

I think its badly worded tbh, it should be that they wanna win a trophy in that particular season. My GK did the exact same, when PSG bid for him, n cried he wanted to win a trophy.. 

gk.png

There is little doubt that the options available to the manager when having a player conversation do need to be looked at and expanded.  Far too often the one that you immediately think of when you see the player's comments is not available.

On 10/08/2019 at 22:52, rinso said:

I think its badly worded tbh, it should be that they wanna win a trophy in that particular season. My GK did the exact same, when PSG bid for him, n cried he wanted to win a trophy.. 

gk.png

In this paricular season I was in the title race and ended up winning it.

Arsenal finished 4th and trophyless.

There needed to be an option to say "well win a trophy this year " 

• 4 weeks later...

Had another player moan hes not getting first team football, hes my first choice left midfielder but hes been injured, still isn't fit and keeps picking up knock when he plays. 

There is no option to say to him your first choice and you'll start when your fit ? 

yes, its very clear that the options and wording need improvement. However do remember also that many players irl do not think or speak logically either ;). I recall Ray Parlour winning the league cup with Arsenal telling the interviewers it was the best cup in the world. Eric Cantona with his seagulls and trawler

Players move from one club to another citing the reason to win trophies and sometimes rue not staying at the original club that later does win. Manager's also.

This issue also applies to the in game press comments/questions.  It all needs a major overhaul to improve immersion or at worst just seem logical

Archived