downloading facepacks

Hello,

Just a quick question.. I'm interested in downloading some facepacks and logos since they seem so popular. However, I can't find any information about whether it's legal to do so (copyrights and all that). Can anyone advise me?

1 hour ago, 0sprey said:

Hello,

Just a quick question.. I'm interested in downloading some facepacks and logos since they seem so popular. However, I can't find any information about whether it's legal to do so (copyrights and all that). Can anyone advise me?

yes it is.

On 13/08/2019 at 14:04, 0sprey said:

Hello,

SI can't do it because they sell the game and can't make money off those images without the necessary agreements.  As long as the person compiling the images is just passing them along for free, it should be fine.  I'm not a lawyer in my country or any other country so I'm just making the assumption that the sites distributing this info would have been shut down long ago if that were not the case.

• 4 weeks later...
On 18/08/2019 at 04:36, jwchriste said:

SI can't do it because they sell the game and can't make money off those images without the necessary agreements.  As long as the person compiling the images is just passing them along for free, it should be fine.  I'm not a lawyer in my country or any other country so I'm just making the assumption that the sites distributing this info would have been shut down long ago if that were not the case.

SI / SEGA don't have the licences for a variety of reasons some of the logos, faces and even player names in some cases

The Website mentioned above by Bothan for a fee do make them available though they are made by a variety people who contribute

1 hour ago, MrPompey said:

SI / SEGA don't have the licences for a variety of reasons some of the logos, faces and even player names in some cases

The Website mentioned above by Bothan for a fee do make them available though they are made by a variety people who contribute

While they do offer a premium service which provides faster download speeds, etc., the downloads are still available for free without that.  I don't think they could get away with profiting off players' images or club/league trademarked materials without having specific agreements with those entities.  As long as they also offer them for free, they can make money on the other services they provide.

Unless, your download options depend on where you are based - the laws may be different between different countries.

Archived