Is it possible to play Champions League without UK Work Permit?

I've signed a 20 year old Chinese regen from San Lorenzo, but couldn't get a work permit for him. I'm wondering if it's possible to have a player play Champions League football without having a UK work permit? I know he can't play in the league, but does he get to play in Europe? I tried to register him for the Champions League, which is possible, and when I look at match info for the next knockout game it doesn't say he is ineligble...

2 hours ago, Cinnabon09 said:

I've signed a 20 year old Chinese regen from San Lorenzo, but couldn't get a work permit for him. I'm wondering if it's possible to have a player play Champions League football without having a UK work permit? I know he can't play in the league, but does he get to play in Europe? I tried to register him for the Champions League, which is possible, and when I look at match info for the next knockout game it doesn't say he is ineligble...

I don't know the answer, but are you asking if he can play in the matches which are physically located outside the UK without a UK work permit?  Would seem like a pretty big loophole if that were allowed.

Was he able to play?

I think it's possible.

ChL has separate register list so why not? 

*If this player has access to visit UK without work permition. If he could not, looks like he will play ChL away games only :lol:

You can probably still register him due to how the work permit system works. It can be appealed and depending upon when you signed the player it might be he isn't available for the first 2 group games but if you could then appeal and it gets granted you've got him from then on.

It would just be a risk you're taking at that point based on whether you believe he will get a work permit or not.

Archived