The Ultimate Feature Request Compilation

Weston

I agree with lots of these, including the automatic ratings bump for a player scoring a goal!

Particularly agree with the ability to use the July 2020 DB without messing up the rest of that window. Basically I'd like to use the original database, but with errors corrected, or new information taken into account (like if FM thought a youth player was rubbish but he turned out to be great and is now a regular starter).

And if you're going to update the DB, you really should update injuries too - Liverpool now have Kabak and Davies, but also a fully fit van Dijk, Matip, and Gomez!

A few other ideas - a grab-bag of minor bugs & feature ideas, really:

• A bit more flexibility around set piece routines for common scenarios. E.g. I like to take my corners short, but if the player coming short is being marked, I want to cross it instead.
  • I hope the update has fixed the problem of taking a short corner, that player returning it to the corner taker, and the corner taker being offside. If not, please fix that, it's really annoying!
  • End of season 'fans' team of the season' things to include stats from that player's time at your club (v minor, but a bit jarring when the first choice CB you sold in January shows as having made 4 appearances with a 6.25 average rating)
  • Better explanations of player reactions to things. It just seems a bit random, and risks you annoying players by e.g. praising their performances when they disagree. Maybe the assistant manager could give some hints before or after, or even just the player's personality displaying during the conversation to help.
  • Similarly, better explanations of promises. What would my captain consider as an acceptable 'improvement' to the defence, or the coaching staff, etc, and when have I actually promised it by?
  • Relevant info appearing in the 'praise player' conversation after a performance (like the update's done for post-match press conferences). It's a faff to have to click out to check whether it's the pass completion or chance creation that deserves praise
  • Little warnings if you've done something that obviously seems weird, like, uh, accidentally putting your sub keeper at RB. That might also fix the OP's issue with having to reload the game, although I suppose it'd also be annoying if you kept getting warnings when you're actually just rotating your squad & therefore playing less regular players
  • Tips on what a purchasing club might be willing to offer. Initial offers tend to match the player's value quite closely, but it's then very hard to estimate when you can ask for more without scotching the deal. It'd need to be done in a way that didn't mean you know for sure what you can get - but something like the info you get when you 'ask agent about availability' might work
  • Removing reeeeally bad suggestions from scouting suggestions. If a player currently earns £65k a week and his likely wage demands are £60k, there's no way Dinamo Zagreb can afford him, so why is my idiot assistant manager suggesting him in the first place?
  • Slightly more detail on player searches. e.g. how many points has this striker's goals won their team
  • xG assists!
  • If you accept a suggestion to recruit a coach, it'd be nice if the game told you at that point that you've currently got all the coaches you can have, rather than you only realising when your board steps in that you'll have to sack someone to get him

EDIT: Oh yeah, and existing tactical familiarity when starting a game - at least with the formation / style that team was already playing. (& if it's not already there if you take over a club, that too - I just haven't yet)

Edited by thunderjd
Missed something out!

I would like the option to set up 'rules' for tactics. During a game certain scenarios can develop based on substitutions or starting eleven where it's beneficial to deviate slightly from your normal tactics.

"If player X (your 197 cm right FB) is playing, he should join the attack on attacking corners and freekicks." However, "If player Y (your 172 cm right FB) is playing, resume normal attacking corner and freekicks routines with him staying back."

"If player Z and W are paired in the central midfield, Z should assume CM support role and W should assume DLP defend role."

I realize it is possible to change corner routines or assign new roles for players during a game, but it would be nice if you could set up a rule that would do this automatically for you.

• Administrators

Appreciate the work done here, but better we lock the thread now as it's best 'new' ideas are raised in threads of their own so each can be reviewed and nothing gets missed.

Thanks.