[Suggestion] Making the start of a new career faster.

Federico

Hello,

there's something that really spoils my enjoyement and this is when I start a new career.

There's too much to do and the most of it is tedious and, in my opinion, gives no benefit to the game:

1) Saving the game once you loaded the database and leagues before starting everything. It's a waste of time, I just want to play. I will save later, when I want and have time.

2) The warm welcome by the Board. Starting a save by discussing with the chairman is no fun. Following by discussing with the staff starts being tedious..

3) ... Following by attending with media is too much. I agree interactions should be improved, but improving doesn't mean "adding more questions/answers" or just more things to read. Some answers cover 3 lines, from all the extension of the screen!

4) Setting everytime the trainings. You can save training schedule, ok. The process for loading these schedule is too clunky and not intuitive at all. Moreover, to avoid setting the trainings week after week, I usually set them for the incoming half-season if not the whole season. It takes AGES to do so. It really needs a work to make this a faster operation to do, like "load monthly schedule" if not "yearly schedule".

5) Setting the staff duties: it's always the same setting for me, since FM12. I now go by memory, don't even need to read. Set the duties for U23 team, U20 team, U18 team. Set the duties of your assistant. Set who should care of trainings, contract renewals, staff and non-staff coaches.... it's crazy. Again, please let me do this just once, then remember my settings forever.

6) Set the tactic and set pieces routines, set your set pieces takers, set captain and penalty takers. This stuff is necessary though, what I'd like to have is a file with all the set-pieces routine created, one file only, including everything: DFK, IFK, TIs and so on. At the moment I have to load them manually everytime. Once selected this file, I don't want to load it again. Nevermore.

7) And I gave up with scouts!

8) When, after 1 hour and half of getting crazy with this stuff (I can't imagine how a newcomer would feel), can we finally play? No. Team meeting. And another press conference.

The game needs urgently to be more slim on certain points. There's no game around that requires such amount of time before starting actually playing. For me, every interaction outside those with your players is too much and gives nothing to the immersion and fun. That would cut a lot of this "dead time".

And "clicks".... at the moment the amount of clicks required to do anything is massive. Too many operations, it looks like a paradox game. Football Manager is starting being too big. Too many things to do and to know.

I totally agree. Make the entire process seamless. Certain things at the start of the game the player can choose to load in, routines, tactics, training schedules scout assignments and they are automatically applied to your squad. Set piece routines the game would just assign the spot to those with the highest ability. 

• 11 months later...