Training the youth

Concerning under-18 players, is there some age where a type of training is more effective? For example more physical training at 16-17 years then more technical or tactical training. What should i develop first, physical, technical or tactical attributes? Or the order hasn't really an importance?

It depends on the player.  If one player is particularly weak on physicals then you could train him accordingly.  If another player is weak on technicals then target those.

Don't forget you can always add in a particular focus over and above any individual role training you select to particularly focus the associated attributes.

I try to prioritise football intelligence, so the mentals are my absolute priority. My u19s spend the majority of their time improving anticipation, decisions, composure and work rate, first and foremost.
That's the basis of their training, however their individual focus is normally spent around technicals.

I find physicals improve other time and with game time.

My Schedules are based on physical stats first, Mental aspect grows automatically over the years. The more they play the game, the more they understand. For example like this fella, he became a monster after couple of years. Only thing he do right now is eating strikers for dinner. 

image.thumb.png.290f73d37f5c1c9a61d4c85e0e2524e9.png

image.thumb.png.6fb6d745626a4b0445272182aa014ec4.png

• SI Staff

Very broadly speaking, physicals develop/respond to training best earliest, followed by Technicals and finally Mentals. This varies from player to player though and of course can be different from one individual to the next.

Nice, thanks all for your answers!

7 hours ago, ultrAslan said:

My Schedules are based on physical stats first, Mental aspect grows automatically over the years. The more they play the game, the more they understand. For example like this fella, he became a monster after couple of years. Only thing he do right now is eating strikers for dinner. 

Do you do yourself the training schedule of the youth teams or just change some sessions to put more emphasis on some attributes?

5 hours ago, Seb Wassell said:

Very broadly speaking, physicals develop/respond to training best earliest, followed by Technicals and finally Mentals. This varies from player to player though and of course can be different from one individual to the next.

Thanks for the confirmation :thup:

6 hours ago, gam945 said:

Do you do yourself the training schedule of the youth teams or just change some sessions to put more emphasis on some attributes?

For the youth I let my Ass Man creates the schedule, but for individual training I choose the role with the most Physicall Attributes. For example for a potential CM player I train him when he is the age 15-17 as a BBM middfielder, because it has the most physical attributes. 

- it is important that you have good coaches for u19 squad 
- max your training and youth facilities 

1 hour ago, ultrAslan said:

For the youth I let my Ass Man creates the schedule, but for individual training I choose the role with the most Physicall Attributes. For example for a potential CM player I train him when he is the age 15-17 as a BBM middfielder, because it has the most physical attributes. 

- it is important that you have good coaches for u19 squad 
- max your training and youth facilities 

okay, thanks for the advice man :thup:

8 hours ago, ultrAslan said:

max your training and youth facilities 

For information - Youth Facilities contribute towards the quality of new young players on your youth intake day.  They're not used for training your youth team.  All players from youth team to senior squad use your Training Facilities for training.

Archived