Alternative way to calculate GK match rating

DavyDepuydt1

Current Issue

Passing percentage & keeper role influences the GK rating a lot now, Sweeper keeper and keepers who need to distribute short are easily getting higher rating than those who don't, when their actual keeper performance isn't better than those who don't. The GK rating is pretty useless for me now, since it doesn't tell anything about how good he was really playing.

Solution

I would add something as "Shots Stopped %" and use that as one of the main factors to rate a GK's match/season. (the stat is already available in the Form -> Report screen, but isn't used/visible anywhere else). Doing this:

• keepers who don't play as sweeper keeper or distribute short can get a correct rating,
  • keepers at a lower team in the division can get good ratings (because now they get penalised to much for not getting clean sheets, while they might in fact have been a better shot stopper than a keeper at a top team in the division who easily gets more clean sheets because he doesn't face any shots but when he does, lets in 1 in 3 fe.

Addendum / Why

It's also important that I don't want the "Shots stopped %" more visible as a seperate stat, but that it really influences the match rating, because that's what AI teams/manager/scouts take into account and most awards use to determine "how good they are" and whose the winner of the award.

Because now I can also look up the shots stopped % for all keepers in my division, with some tricks, or by exporting to html... and see myself whose been the "better performing" keeper (and mostly it doesn't even resemblance the list if you would rank them by avg. rating). But I want that the AI / the awards / everything in game knows who has been the actual better performing keeper, and that can only be fixed if the GK match rating is calculated differently than now

Edited by DavyDepuydt1

• 11 months later...