Attribute threshold

Hi.

In attribute threshold (attached), 16 is excellent.

1) Does it mean that once a player has 16 in a specific attribute, he is considered world class and there is no need to go higher than 16?

2) I am guessing the reason why there is a number higher than 16 is to show how proficient he is in that specific attribute?

3) In relation to #2, is there any difference between 16 and 18 or 17 and 19?

FM.png

11 minutes ago, Jack Joyce said:

The highlighting is just used to give a general guideline. There's a difference between every number so there'll always be a benefit to increasing attributes beyond 16.

Thank you for replying.  I guess #2 is accurate? The higher the number, the more proficient the player/staff is?

2 minutes ago, Peter Morgan said:

You can also change the thresholds and colours if you want. In my game 1-5 are red, 6-10 are yellow, 11-15 are blue, and 16-20 are green. This really helps me anyway!

Thank you for replying.  I will leave the colours as it is as that has been set by the developer who know the game best.  Thank you for the suggestion by the way.

34 minutes ago, Peter Morgan said:

You can also change the thresholds and colours if you want. In my game 1-5 are red, 6-10 are yellow, 11-15 are blue, and 16-20 are green. This really helps me anyway!

Nice. I also change the colors and ranges. If my club is in a lower league, then 6 to 10 matters and I code it yellow. If top league, then 1 to 10 is brown because these scores are unacceptable at that level.

1 hour ago, GREYFOX said:

I guess #2 is accurate? The higher the number, the more proficient the player/staff is?

Yes, there is a difference.  A higher number is always better except for a couple hidden attributes where it's reversed, like "dirtiness".  Unless you really like red cards.

I tweak the colours and the ranges as well - just to mae the player profile page easier to read 'at a glance'.

The ranges I tweak pretty much every season, unless I am near the top of the game (UCL/EPL) adjusting hem to suit the level I am playing at. Can't see the point, if playing Vanarama, of keeping the ranges high when all I want to see are players that will get me into the football league.

18 hours ago, jwchriste said:

Yes, there is a difference.  A higher number is always better except for a couple hidden attributes where it's reversed, like "dirtiness".  Unless you really like red cards.

That I am aware of, and always steer clear of every time.  It is self explanatory really.

Just going to throw in a slight curve ball here - sometimes lower numbers might be "better".

Perhaps you want a selfish goal moocher who won't get involved in anything other than sticking the ball in the net from 6 yards.  So he may need low Teamwork and/or Work Rate then.  Likewise your "Fantasista" who you may want doing his own thing, flitting in and out of the match before showing his magic.

Or maybe you want a covering central defender who you really don't want stepping up out of defensive line, so low Aggression may be useful there.

So yes generally speaking the higher the better but there can be exceptions.

10 hours ago, herne79 said:

Just going to throw in a slight curve ball here - sometimes lower numbers might be "better".

Perhaps you want a selfish goal moocher who won't get involved in anything other than sticking the ball in the net from 6 yards.  So he may need low Teamwork and/or Work Rate then.  Likewise your "Fantasista" who you may want doing his own thing, flitting in and out of the match before showing his magic.

Or maybe you want a covering central defender who you really don't want stepping up out of defensive line, so low Aggression may be useful there.

So yes generally speaking the higher the better but there can be exceptions.

I was reading about something along those lines in the forums a couple days ago about how having average values in attributes is not always bad and can actually be beneficial.  I can't find the link, but I am sure someone here will post a link to it.

Furthermore, is there any way of knowing exactly how each attribute benefits and degrades each role? I know some attributes are self-explanatory, but most are not.

8 hours ago, GREYFOX said:

I was reading about something along those lines in the forums a couple days ago about how having average values in attributes is not always bad and can actually be beneficial.  I can't find the link, but I am sure someone here will post a link to it.

Furthermore, is there any way of knowing exactly how each attribute benefits and degrades each role? I know some attributes are self-explanatory, but most are not.

Have you checked the Online Manual found at the top of this forum?  There is a section in there dedicated to attributes, explaining what they all are and how they may combine (it may also help answer your question in your other thread):

Archived