Role attributes

Hello.

Another question relating to attributes.  Each role has designated attributes assigned to it.  They are key and preferable.  Is it necessary for attributes that are not key nor preferable to be higher than 1? If the role does not consider them important nor suitable, then why do they need to increase?

• SI Staff

The highlighted attributes are just attributes that we consider more important for that role. However all attributes are likely to be used at some point for a player (except stuff like long throws when they're not on throw ins).

Look at it like this - does your Poacher need to be an incredibly good passer? No, but it'd still be beneficial if he was. Does he need to be able to tackle? No but it can't hurt if he can.

8 hours ago, Jack Joyce said:

The highlighted attributes are just attributes that we consider more important for that role. However all attributes are likely to be used at some point for a player (except stuff like long throws when they're not on throw ins).

I assume from your 'likely to be used at some point' response, you would give those attributes an average value, say 10 or 11 rather than 15 or 16? Just so the player does not spend much game time on it and keeps his focus on the attributes that he is actually proficient at and is used in the role he has been assigned?

• SI Staff
16 hours ago, GREYFOX said:

I assume from your 'likely to be used at some point' response, you would give those attributes an average value, say 10 or 11 rather than 15 or 16? Just so the player does not spend much game time on it and keeps his focus on the attributes that he is actually proficient at and is used in the role he has been assigned?

When i'm training a player and working out what areas I want them to improve on, it's only going to be a non-key/preferred attribute for me if it's very low to the point where it could be a genuine concern. Otherwise my focus is on which key/preferred attributes are the lowest.

Everyone plays differently though so it's up to you and your interpretation. I wouldn't really say there's a 'wrong' way to do things as long as you have a plan in mind.

Archived