Youth prospects have low workrate

Hi everyone, 

im sure there is already a thread for this somewhere but I can’t find it. I have a bunch of youth players in my u19s right now who look like promising players with high PA, but all of them have super low mental stats still, especially workrate. I try to play a style that demands high work and determination and aggression. Will these improve with age or is there anything I can do to help boost those attributes. 

I just had a lot of senior players retire and didn’t resign some to try to lower the age of my squad im hoping to use one or two of the youth players to fill in as backups in the coming season since I don’t have enough of a budget to sign a bunch of players. 

Put them on endurance individual training.  It worked for me for me, I got a youngster with 8 work rate up to 12 in a relatively short space of time, granted he was also training as a wide midfielder (which also trains work rate) but it should still help.

For Work Rate too, if they train well and you praise them, the Work Rate attribute may improve. You don't want to do it too often or it irritates them, I tend to check all my training ratings once per month, and praise anyone over a 7.50.

If Determination is low, you need to add higher Determination youngsters to the group, so that the overall squad character becomes one of a higher Det attribute, then the influence will hopefully drag everyone else's up. 

Archived