Rainy weather

Does anyone else get the impression there is a bit too much rainy weather for games? I assume when you play in Spain or Italy, you don't have this, but I am currently playing in Germany and it looks like 80 or 90% of games have rain. I know more rain can be expected in places like Germany and England, but that much?

Global Warming Crisis. :-)

I wonder what's the impact of rain in the game. Many years ago, I read somewhere that more direct passing and direct shots were recommended during rain. However, I never felt that this makes any difference.

Bottom line is - does weather really have any impact on player performance?...

Yes, I believe it does - but more with the ball physics than player performance itself, other than perhaps the GK handling.

I haven;t noticed more rain tan earlier versions but have heard a few people saying there is. There used to be a 'muddy pitch' develop as well - which impacted the game but that has disappeared in the last couple of versions.

Edited by Snorks

6 hours ago, phd_angel said:

Bottom line is - does weather really have any impact on player performance?...

In one of his recent Youtube videos, @Rashidi ticked the Shoot On Sight TI after he noticed rainy weather. Weirdly enough, his team scored a long shot, which could be seen as something that a goalkeeper would save in normal conditions. Maybe a coincidence, maybe not. :D

On 11/09/2019 at 16:39, WojciechZed said:

Does anyone else get the impression there is a bit too much rainy weather for games? I assume when you play in Spain or Italy, you don't have this, but I am currently playing in Germany and it looks like 80 or 90% of games have rain. I know more rain can be expected in places like Germany and England, but that much?

When I managed Atletico, it was pretty much chucking it down every week in Madrid :D

Things I find, and do, when its raining / wet:

Dribbling seems less effective so I set TI to "dribble less"

I suspect Rashidi ticks the "shoot on sight" TI because with a wet slippy ball, keepers handling is adversely affected. More often the ball will squirm through their hands and either go loose or go in. Of course it also depends on if you have players good at long range shooting and you'd still run the risk of squandering possession, so its something to be considered on a case by case basis.