GK match ratings

jmalonioshaky

I think the way GK match ratings are calculated should be revised. 

Something I've regularly seen in FM19 is where an outfield player plays poorly all game, except for a flukey long range goal and he ends up with an 8

Whereas a goalkeeper can make several world class saves and have a clean sheet, and he ends up with 7.4

Then in some games where my team is completely on top and the opposition don't get a single shot on target, my keeper will be 7.9

there are only three parameters to judge a GK 

1. No of saves

2. passing sucess

3. penalty save

but in case of other positions  let say winger there are various factor to rate a player performance  for examples : key passes,shot on target,pass success rate,no of tackles,duels won,goal,assist,clearance from goal line and so on.

even the  world class keepers doesn't play in the playing out from the back system( for example david dea has only 66% pass sucess rate), if they are playing at very good team they don't have to make lots of save & penalty are rare the occasions. so even if the keeper is very good ,he will not have to do anything or even if they do it is very impossible to rate their performance due to the lack of number of parameters on they are judging don't tell the quality of keeper

that is exactly why you simply can't judge GK rating even whoscored.com rates all goalkeepers below the rating of 7.

Edited by Xon stones

• 9 months later...