Future Record Fees & Inflation

7ss

Over time transfers will get more and more expensive. The record from 2017 is £200 million and 2014 was £100 million so will easily increase every year perhaps getting to billion pound players on long saves. Prize money/sponsorship deals/ticket prices would need to increase also to facilitate this but it could be a great and realistic feature. Thoughts?

• 3 months later...
On 16/09/2019 at 18:02, 7ss said:

The record from 2017 is £200 million and 2014 was £100 million so will easily increase every year

Might be cool to have some level of inflation, but the record in 2018 was £160 million and in 2019 it was £114 million -- so you could argue there's actually been deflation in the market since 2017.

Just like real life, the amount spent should depend on the players available. Clubs shouldn't go spending huge money just for the sake of it. Only if a real superstar like Neymar is involved. Generally, I'm happy with the fees that other players seem to cost in-game.

I do wish that wonderkids from smaller leagues or minor nations would have higher price tags though. Too often you can stash Norweigian or Czech youngsters with 5 star potential that cost less than £1 million. Surely the selling clubs should know how good the player is and have higher asking prices when clubs from wealthy nations show interest.

Neah, I think it should be viceversa, the IRL fees should chill down, because when sports people are purchased with 250 millions, paintings, horses and all kind of non essentials are worth hundreds of millions if not billions it means we as a whole have become a bunch of ignorant morons. 

• 8 months later...