Football Manager 2020 - Feature Announcement Blogs

1 hour ago, Armistice said:

Sure, I’m going to follow the progress closely but considering the fiasco that followed after we reported the FM19 bugs, I don’t hold my hopes up.

First impression is that I’m leaning more and more towards playing the demo instead of pre-purchasing, then I’ll take a decision if it’s worth investing in FM20 or just stick to FM17/19.

Trying things out for yourself is always the best idea.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, GOODNAME said:

Today will be another live?

There was that question asked to miles and he said no. He might have been specific as to him not being there or streaming himself (which he never/hardly does) but if there was surely FM would social media it at somepoint. Considering it's not done and we got a few days notice for the first one I'd say no but keep an eye out just incase

4 minutes ago, BigV said:

There was that question asked to miles and he said no. He might have been specific as to him not being there or streaming himself (which he never/hardly does) but if there was surely FM would social media it at somepoint. Considering it's not done and we got a few days notice for the first one I'd say no but keep an eye out just incase

I thought they mentioned something about the youtubers doing something on Wednesday

3 minutes ago, Tony Wright 747 said:

I thought they mentioned something about the youtubers doing something on Wednesday

Yeah, I was sure I saw on Twitter this morning a Youtuber saying he could show content tomorrow 

4 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

Yeah, I was sure I saw on Twitter this morning a Youtuber saying he could show content tomorrow 

Yeah they did mention on stream that content is coming out on Wednesday

30 minutes ago, Tony Wright 747 said:

I have just watched the stream again and I will say again what I mentioned last night and that is the colour of the pitch, I have just watched a couple of real life football clips and looked at colour photos of every stadium in the english top five leagues and nowhere is there a pitch of that colour.  Surely it cant be that difficult to get the colour of the grass right

Thanks for repeating yourself, I'm sure lots of people missed it the first time around :thup:.

1 hour ago, herne79 said:

Thanks for repeating yourself, I'm sure lots of people missed it the first time around :thup:.

Yes they may well have done, but I would like to correct something I said last night on the second viewing I did notice players shadows in one floodlit match but not the other probably because it is still a work in progress.  I will repeat something else I said last night and that it is very early days and I look forward to what the youtubers will show us tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Tony Wright 747 said:

I have just watched the stream again and I will say again what I mentioned last night and that is the colour of the pitch, I have just watched a couple of real life football clips and looked at colour photos of every stadium in the english top five leagues and nowhere is there a pitch of that colour.  Surely it cant be that difficult to get the colour of the grass right

I prefer it when the pitch textures are a bit darker than in real life, as it shows the ball and the players more vibrantly. 

1 minute ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I prefer it when the pitch textures are a bit darker than in real life, as it shows the ball and the players more vibrantly. 

Yes maybe thats the reason it is like that and I must say that the players did show up well last night

2 hours ago, Tony Wright 747 said:

Great point! Also think that pitch is too dark and the colour is too much unsaturated! 

Actually for me that is minor problem since I use sweetfx to enhance FM graphics. But it is very dissapointing that we got 2020year and group of profesionalist cannot restore pitch grass graphics 🤨

5 minutes ago, armbi said:

Great point! Also think that pitch is too dark and the colour is too much unsaturated! 

Actually for me that is minor problem since I use sweetfx to enhance FM graphics. But it is very dissapointing that we got 2020year and group of profesionalist cannot restore pitch grass graphics 🤨

As I have said in previous posts I am an old man and my computer skills are a little limited what is sweetfix? what does it do and does it not affect the games stability and increase crash dumps.

14 minutes ago, armbi said:

@armbi, ca you elaborate on what settings you use in sweetfx for FM?

Actually from FM18 I use ReShade program, that gives me far better 3D match graphics than default. After couple hours of testing with contrast, vibrance, gamma and others I had more natural, more sharp look. I didin't notice any crashes sometimes couple FPS drop. I just can't play without this graphics tweaks.

The live stream idea isn't particularly good anyway.  Add in the ability to add comments and it's probably going to be a complete dumpster fire.  I'm not really sure what having three people huddled around in the top corner (which seemed to be the case from screenshots) really achieves as they awkwardly make their way through a game.  

A while back they released produced features videos that went into a lot of depth.  I know you've got social media now, and everything, by law, has to be on there, but would it kill to just go back to something that actually worked?

Oh, and usually if you're getting upset by something Miles is saying, he's doing his job right.  Seems like he's perfectly civil to people who can afford the same in the other direction, but online people gonna online people, so he bristles a little, and they get their feelings all hurt.

8 hours ago, Armistice said:

Personally I wasn't impressed at all. It just feels too much like FM19. Not that it's a bad thing, but after hours of playing FM19 it would feel exhausting to play a very similar game and wanted something more refreshing. As for the ME, I don't necessarily feel it's much improved. Probably had very high and unrealistic expectations, but honestly after all these (underwhelming) feature reveals, it was maybe more understandable to expect a lot.

I feel people will quote me a lot saying how FM20's ME is some weeks old and it will see more changes. They've had one year to make those changes. I really doubt they're going to change much in the next 2-3 weeks.

Also. Kind of pathetic how the moderator was deleting people's negative comments about the game in the Twitch chat. I understand there's a limit between criticism and trolling but most of them were not even close to that limit.

Look very similar to FM19, like you I was hoping to see a bigger leap in improvement. Though I guess we cannot take this 'first cut' as final I guess? And maybe it is a championship game so the players' standards are compromised? May be they should show a game that involves liverpool or manchester city. Some first-look observations: 

- GK's reaction is better but still seem very rooted to the line, and I have yet to see any one-on-one (hopefully it is implemented)

- Wingbacks defend better now, and tuck in to defend alongside their centrebacks as compared to previously when they are always out on the wings

- Not much improvement, if any, to the tactics panel, player shouts and halftime encouragements are the same 

- Pressing still seems haphazard and players' movement, AI needs improvement

- Towards the end of the video (2h35mins onwards), there was an instant on the flank when the attacking midfielder did something totally out of touch with real life, and it happens regularly in FM19, and I put it down to poor AI 

- Would love to see players sometimes doing something out of their tactical instructions, like strikers (high workrate and teamwork) chasing back to defend as his team is caught up in a counterattacking situation, or a GK doing a quick kick out to his attacker (who is free) for a fast counterattack despite instructions to kick/throw ball to the flank or my player running out to defend a short corner despite not having instructions to do so

- Would love to see players standing shoulder to shoulder and arms over each others shoulders when they are in a penalty shootout situation

- Would love to see more realistic players' benches 

19 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Removed a couple of posts: we're tired of having to say this but constructive criticism is good, digs at SI staff and moderators is not. This isn't something that's up for debate and if people don't grasp this soon they will lose the ability to post. 

I can understand deleting posts about digs to SI Staff and moderators but i don't agree with good constructive criticism posts being deleted where people are making good points about the features or videos they don't like so far?

Edited by StevehFC

3 minutes ago, StevehFC said:

I can understand deleting posts about digs to SI Staff and moderators but i don't agree with good constructive criticism posts being deleted where people are making good points about the features or videos they don't like so far?

Nothing that has been viewed as constructive has been removed

1 hour ago, armbi said:

Actually from FM18 I use ReShade program, that gives me far better 3D match graphics than default. After couple hours of testing with contrast, vibrance, gamma and others I had more natural, more sharp look. I didin't notice any crashes sometimes couple FPS drop. I just can't play without this graphics tweaks.

Just downloaded and ran the FM18 preset one from the website. Wow, what a difference. Is there a preset for FM19? Or do they work for all version? 

30 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Just downloaded and ran the FM18 preset one from the website. Wow, what a difference. Is there a preset for FM19? Or do they work for all version? 

Told you 😜 That's why I didin't use to complain about 3D match graphics, only as for animations :) on the other hand I wouldn't mind if SI constantly work also on graphics.

I don't really know if there are some preset for FM, doubt it. I always work on my own preset which give me the best look. One like more vibrant colours, other prefers high contrast, everyone can make it suitable to his own preferations.

ReShade gives so many options to vastly enhance graphics, lighting, colours, contrast. Great tool!

2 hours ago, armbi said:

Can you please point me to the right reshade presets, etc ?

I have only used Reshade with GTAV a few years back, but never in another game. Thanks in advance mate.

Every time when I want to preorder fm20 I remember that open beta fm19 was really cool, but next patches ruined some gameplay cases. In doubt between preorder and waiting for patch 20.2

19 minutes ago, armbi said:

Told you 😜 That's why I didin't use to complain about 3D match graphics, only as for animations :) on the other hand I wouldn't mind if SI constantly work also on graphics.

I don't really know if there are some preset for FM, doubt it. I always work on my own preset which give me the best look. One like more vibrant colours, other prefers high contrast, everyone can make it suitable to his own preferations.

ReShade gives so many options to vastly enhance graphics, lighting, colours, contrast. Great tool!

Are there any plugins/mods for changing the camera angle as well? FM18 and FM19 stupidly removed camera angles that were in previous versions, would love if there was an overhead 3D view...

I don't know if it will fit you, everyone has his own monitor's sets but when I get to my PC I can put my file to internet :) I think some small tweaks you will do to adjust it for your preferences.

Honestly, I wouldn't play FM in "vanilla" mode if it hasn't pregame editor and if ReShade didin't work for FM :) Editor gives me oportunities to prepare game as realistic as I see football in real world. And I don't mean I give my team 1 bilion euros :)

1207069612_Bildschirmfoto2019-10-22um20_02_57.thumb.png.eb73e3faf989137d267fcfa489e0d36e.png

Not so easy to see, but if you stop the stream at the right point (see screenshot), you will discover that scouting assignments will distinguish between "Scout Priorities" and "Analyst Priorities" in FM20. Until now, there was only one priority list. The overview was quickly lost, especially since the reports of the analysts were never really important to me personally. This is definitely another QoL change.

hace 22 horas, Dagenham_Dave dijo:

In the game he's playing right now, I've seen at least three dribbles. One of the things I've noticed is there appears to be improved 'tussling' for the ball. Also, when crosses come in, there's variety in how the striker reacts, rather than endless first time shots and volleys. Goalkeepers pulling off great saves too. Very impressed so far, although it's only a very small sample. 

Does someone know in which minute this game happens? Thanks.

Edited by saltoalex

15 hours ago, Tony Wright 747 said:

FM17 with FEZ pitch textures ended up being the most realistic for me . I agree with you the pitch is way too dark and not realistic.  I can't understand where they have gone wrong with this . I read somewhere the War Hammer Developers had some input for FM18 and this is where it's stuffed up . Actually there is no texture at all just a colour.  They add some lines on it and call it texture lol. I mean come on how hard is it for a multi million dollar company to get it so wrong when a guy sitting at home on his computer do a add- on and get it right . Sorry to say it shows a lack of interest in my opinion . The Demo is going to be the make or break for me . I know that the game is  more about the Managing of a club rather than FIFA or PES type playing but you have to have a overall whole finished game not a 3/4 finished game . Even the stadiums seemed to look the same but really didn't show a lot did they . This is an opinion only .. 

Edited by prot651

I understand that you are very interesting by the ME graphics. But why do you say that FM20 will be a finished game at 3/4 ? 

22 minutes ago, prot651 said:

FM17 with FEZ pitch textures ended up being the most realistic for me . I agree with you the pitch is way too dark and not realistic.  I can't understand where they have gone wrong with this . I read somewhere the War Hammer Developers had some input for FM18 and this is where it's stuffed up . Actually there is no texture at all just a colour.  They add some lines on it and call it texture lol. I mean come on how hard is it for a multi million dollar company to get it so wrong when a guy sitting at home on his computer do a add- on and get it right . Sorry to say it shows a lack of interest in my opinion . The Demo is going to be the make or break for me . I know that the game is  more about the Managing of a club rather than FIFA or PES type playing but you have to have a overall whole finished game not a 3/4 finished game . Even the stadiums seemed to look the same but really didn't show a lot did they . This is an opinion only .. 

Dagenham Dave made a valid point about why they may have chosen it to be dark, but I agree with you it is not at all realistic , I thought the stadiums looked a bit better the stair wells didn't seem so massive, but the picnic tables are still thare albeit trying to hide them behind the big screen and the crowds looked a bit sparse to me for championship level. I have watched it a few times now and I am still not convinced about player movements, would like to see it at normal speeed to have a better look.  At the moment I am not convinced enough to buy it , whilst there are lots of whistles and bells from the later games that I would love to have in my FM16 save equally there are a lot of things that I still prefer in 16

5 minutes ago, Tony Wright 747 said:

Dagenham Dave made a valid point about why they may have chosen it to be dark, but I agree with you it is not at all realistic , I thought the stadiums looked a bit better the stair wells didn't seem so massive, but the picnic tables are still thare albeit trying to hide them behind the big screen and the crowds looked a bit sparse to me for championship level. I have watched it a few times now and I am still not convinced about player movements, would like to see it at normal speeed to have a better look.  At the moment I am not convinced enough to buy it , whilst there are lots of whistles and bells from the later games that I would love to have in my FM16 save equally there are a lot of things that I still prefer in 16

Don't think having a darker green makes it more vibrant . Was never an issue before and could always see the ball ? Im sure FM16 you didn't have issues . I agree too that why didn't they show it at normal speed . Seems strange

15 minutes ago, Akasha said:

I understand that you are very interesting by the ME graphics. But why do you say that FM20 will be a finished game at 3/4 ? 

Because of the graphics . The end part of the game is not finished

18 minutes ago, prot651 said:

Don't think having a darker green makes it more vibrant . Was never an issue before and could always see the ball ? Im sure FM16 you didn't have issues . I agree too that why didn't they show it at normal speed . Seems strange

Just read about the warhammer developers and FM and just watched the matchday video fo FM18 and it would appear the graphics including the pitch colour changed again in FM19

2 hours ago, prot651 said:

In an earlier edition (13 or 14 maybe), it was virtually impossible to see the ball in the 3D engine unless you had a mod to either change the pitch texture or the 'lighter ball' mod. 

The dark green is so "depressing", it's not something that makes me happy.... When I launched FM17 again a few months ago I was amazed at how good it felt to look at the 3D match....
Not trying to kill the hype for FM20 or so, I love the new features and love the direction the game is taking, but I think they can make better choices to make the 3D more appealing (without improving the graphics)

23 minutes ago, DavyDepuydt1 said:

The dark green is so "depressing", it's not something that makes me happy

There is no such thing like one colour and tone of pitch grass. It depends on weather, sun light, geographic location and many others. But it is definitely too dark in FM20. Hope that there will be editable files with pitch textures.

1 hour ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

In an earlier edition (13 or 14 maybe), it was virtually impossible to see the ball in the 3D engine unless you had a mod to either change the pitch texture or the 'lighter ball' mod. 

Yeah There were problems in that area with 14 I found it extremely hard to see the players names against the pitch which I why I didn't play 14 much at all, but there were no issues in 16 or 17