Playing against the BIG 6

So I enjoyed and still am a season in the Championship with Bristol City where we gained promotion at our first attempt! But now we are in the Premier League I’ve noticed the difference in quality already! Almost at the halfway point and we sit just outside the drop zone with a massive 10 points, purely down to the fact the other sides are playing a lot worse!

I just can’t seem to keep the scores down. It’s been 6 goals against Man City, Arsenal and 4 against Man U in a game we dominated. I found in the city game going Defensive was utter garbage and we were terrible 30+ shots against us and 2 attempts (both off target) for us! I’m not expecting to beat them obviously (Yet anyway) just wondered if anyone has a tips for playing better against the bigger sides! Currently playing 4-1-2-2-1 with a striker who’s played 7 games with barely a shot on target let alone a goal!

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

Sorry for the poor picture quality, but this is the tactic that took me up relatively comfortably. Now with a few additions to the squad we just can’t do anything, attack or defend! Just draw 1-1 with Southampton an even game which we scored an 80th min penalty yet I had a feeling that wasn’t the end of it and literally 1 minute later it’s 1-1!

6B4ED989-1CFE-4FD6-A98C-24A713198024.jpeg

14 minutes ago, samboing said:

6B4ED989-1CFE-4FD6-A98C-24A713198024.jpeg

The first problem IMHO is one-dimensionality - the flanks mirroring each other in terms of both roles and duties. Which means your attacks are too predictable and hence easier for the opposition to defend.

But an even bigger problem is disconnection - all the 3 forwards are on attack duty, and on top of that they are the only attack-duty players.

A third problem is playing with 2 PMs, and so close to each other at that.

Your out-of-possession instructions are extremely risky, and even more so given that you play on the Attacking mentality. Such a setup would be risky even for a top team, let alone Bristol City (which you just get promoted to the EPL).

And so on...

52 minutes ago, Experienced Defender said:

The first problem IMHO is one-dimensionality - the flanks mirroring each other in terms of both roles and duties. Which means your attacks are too predictable and hence easier for the opposition to defend.

But an even bigger problem is disconnection - all the 3 forwards are on attack duty, and on top of that they are the only attack-duty players.

A third problem is playing with 2 PMs, and so close to each other at that.

Your out-of-possession instructions are extremely risky, and even more so given that you play on the Attacking mentality. Such a setup would be risky even for a top team, let alone Bristol City (which you just get promoted to the EPL).

And so on...

Right ok then! So with the wingers change them both or just one as winger the other say inside forward?

I’ve switched the defensive line to deep as the attackers are quicker than last season.

I find anything other than Attacking mentality and we barely attack so I’ve stuck with that for now!

Thank you for your input

this is part of my squad btw

2A7D77ED-4858-4D09-8BF7-EADE3E47628D.jpeg

Archived