Ability to play as existing manager without the editor

tombazzlez

As the title suggests, I was curious to know whether it would be realistic to hope that one day players could have the additional ability to take over the profile of an existing manager, i.e. take over a free agent Mourinho with all career history and stats and historical data and play as him through his next club of your choosing? Currently the only way to do this is to manually change the name and info of an existing manager, and create your profile with their name but none of the historical data will obviously apply to your newly created manager.

I can see the enjoyment that comes from 'creating' yourself as a manager and making yourself manager of the club you support - but for a lot of us I think the realism is what draws us and keeps us engaged with FM year in and year out. I think the ability to i.e. take over as Guardiola at City and see how well you can replicate his playstyle, transfer policies, youth development, etc. while having all the trophies, accomplishments and history remain would just make the game more dynamic for those of us who choose to play that way (those of us who enjoy playing as 'ourselves' or a fictional character would still be able to do so) I know there are technically workarounds with the editor, but I think this would be an interesting additional aspect to FM and would allow for further immersion in what is already a brilliant game and an unrivaled escape for us. What would be the drawbacks to making this an additional feature? 

• 8 months later...