Groundsman or pitch budget

grimbo88

I'm just wondering whether this is a position we should be able to employ someone. When managing lower league and working my way up, I always seem to have a bad pitch and I'm asked about it hindering our play style. With the addition of club vision and it potentially being more important to play a particular way, could hiring a better groundsman or adjusting a pitch budget enable those lower down to have a better pitch, therefore allow you to play better football?

I know it ties to pitch deterioration rate and recovery rate from the editor, but these seem to be static. Using one IGE, I've found that these remain the same even if you relay the pitch OR build a new stadium, with the new stadium having the exact same stats. Surely a relayed pitch would be different and a new stadium would be completely different?

Using real life examples, Blackpool's pitch was shambolic under Oyston ownership but will probably be better with investment under Sadler, with a better groundsman and more investment involved. I'm sure that AFC Fylde and Fleetwood would have had poor pitches before being owned by wealthy investors. I remember Chelsea having a poor pitch before playing Barcelona once, whereas it's immaculate now.

Also, in non-league, teams can choose to have synthetic pitches instead due to operation costs being cheaper and they'll be in better condition. I've not seen one non-league club change to it in game, I'm assuming due to licencing?

I know poor pitches are part of lower league management but if there was more investment or better staff working on them then surely they could be slightly better, as in real life.

It would be great if we could set the grass to be long/short before the season too, as that impacts playing styles. Like the pitch dimensions, I'm pretty sure this will be covered too.

• 8 months later...