Martin Odegaard - what PRD

04texag

Trying to maximize his effectiveness as a technical/creative playmaker. It's sept of 2020 in my save, I've managed to get Stoke promoted to the Premier league and have a number of young technical players. I've been trying him out in the MC strata, right side AP-S in a 4-1-2-3. He's been a little sporadic.

Due to an injury, I've moved him to AMR - IF-S and that's been ok too. He shows flashes of brilliance, but then also makes some errant passes.

Anyone have some good tips for him?

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/09/2019 at 11:52, 04texag said:

Trying to maximize his effectiveness as a technical/creative playmaker. It's sept of 2020 in my save, I've managed to get Stoke promoted to the Premier league and have a number of young technical players. I've been trying him out in the MC strata, right side AP-S in a 4-1-2-3. He's been a little sporadic.

Due to an injury, I've moved him to AMR - IF-S and that's been ok too. He shows flashes of brilliance, but then also makes some errant passes.

Anyone have some good tips for him?

Give him an attacking role - I actually played him as a Winger on the right on attack.

The rationale - he has a lot of flair, good pace, dribbling, incredible passing skills and good long shots. I wanted him to deliver the killer ball, not participate in build-up play. The formation was a 4-2-3-1. I've lost count of how many through ball diagonal passes he made for my IF.

He finished the season with 10 goals and 15 assists in 30 games. He lost a few through injury and I took a while to find the ideal formation for my Everton side.

On 09/10/2019 at 20:02, 04texag said:

Perfect suggestion, had not thought of it. I don't normally try a winger on the opposite side of his footedness, but I'll give it a go.

He has the cut inside with ball trait, that's why. I wouldn't try it with a natural winger who runs down the line.