LLM Iberian Clan Online Game (or the: 'I'm late! I'm so very, very late!' thread)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kfoolmoon:

Personally, i'm gonna love it. icon_smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just because your stadium is bleeding you like a stuck pig, doesn't me you have the right to wish it upon others.

Ground maintenance will be interesting, but I imagine we're splitting costs...still, frightening.

I guess I'll just have to get promoted. icon_smile.gif

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Adam's Camacha (not sure if he was there) proved a tough 2 - 1 win from the sounds of it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was there. You thrashed me in the field, but I managed to score on my only (?) shot of the game, only to see you score the winner in the end icon_mad.gif

You totally deserved it though icon14.gif

I don't know if I'll be able to repair my PC in time for the sunday session boys... icon_frown.gif

I seem to have some Win XP stability problems as well as CM crashes all the time since last session... (going to do a backup of all relevant data in the comp and then do a fresh reinstall of everything in the computer... and this could take 5 to 8 hours) ... My main problem is that I won't have any available time until sunday morning. I'll keep you informed if any progress is achieved icon_frown.gif

Yeah, just keep us informed. I'm sure we'll all arrive in the meeting place as usual and if you are there, then fine, if not, then we'll buy all your players. icon_biggrin.gif

Just an advanced warning, guys, but on Sunday 6th June I won't be able to play or host the game. I'll be having a weekend network game with some guys from the old GR forum from the Dugout and I'll be unavailable for our usual session. I know it's more than three weeks away, but I'm telling you all now, so you can remind me nearer the time what my plans are. icon_biggrin.gif

Problems solved!!! icon_biggrin.gif apparently a two months old restore system combined with reinstalling CM (along other magic as upgrading some aging drivers) worked the trick icon_biggrin.gif

Now, it's frantic translation work and see if I make it for Sunday's session... I should be able to do it icon_cool.gif

You can thank me later, Jordi icon_biggrin.gificon_cool.gif

If we can manage to zip the save game and transfer it over the interweb, then I can conceivably host if Mooski is unavailable and I am (Sundays only obviously). I won't know till closer to the date if I'm free that week but I thought I'd throw it out there for us to contemplate while we have time.

Bah...

Thanks poof icon_biggrin.gif

Anyway, my brother did almost everything so it's him I should be thanking here (as the first restore system didn't work and I was about to make a format all when he came in icon_biggrin.gif... so glad he just made it in time icon_cool.gif)

About hosting the file... perhaps one of our mods could be so gentle as to let us host it somewhere... just for the sake of doing this changing host stuff icon_confused.gif We could PM them at the other place...

Some french friends have showed up today icon_biggrin.gif

It's been five years since I last saw them and they want to celebrate my birthday...and so do I as we will be celebrating my coming of age (well, my going from the young threshold to the respectability age icon_redface.gif ... It's 30 yo tomorrow)

So, enjoy yourselves and do not rip my team to its barest bones icon_wink.gif

1-2-04 (H) Maritimo B

A hard fought 1-1 draw where we took the lead with a fantastic header from our main striker. This coing less than a week after my first job offer. Fafe from the Northern division getting told where to stick it. icon_biggrin.gif

7-2-04 (A) Oriental

In what was essentially a 6-pointer, we ran out easy victors by 4-2. we were 3-1 up with half an hour to go, but were nervous when they pulled one back from a deflected free kick. We then stole the win with a break away goal, set up by the devilish right winger. If he’s still at my club next season, I’ll be very surprised.

15-2-04 (H) Sinstrense

JCB’s team were humped 3-1 and probably scored the goal of the match at the end of the game. He also managed to injure my winger which I’m not particularly pleased with. And we’re up to 11th.

22-2-04 (A) O. Moscavide

A 3-1 defeat against a strong side and nothing we could do would break through. One to write-off straight away. Next up, Seamus and his all-conquering hoard of bandits. icon_biggrin.gif

29-2-04 (H) Louletano

I feared the worst, but I thought a 2-2 draw was a fair result. Again, I was saved by my winger.

7-3-04 (A) Estrela V N

A 1-0 defeat not helped by the sending off of a CM midway through the second half. We’re being dragged back into the relegation fight again.

14-3-04 (H) Sporting B{/b]

Not a game I was looking forward to, even though I beat them earlier in the season. They returned the favour with a 2-0 defeat, which they deserved. They were more clinical in front of goal and were very tight at the back. I didn’t have a sniff.

21-3-04 (A) Ribeira Brava

A 2-1 defeat and it’s getting serious now. I need an overhaul of the squad. Anyone got a machete?

4-4-04 (H) Pinhalnovense

0-0. Hmmm… that says it all

10-4-04 (A) Olhanense

A thorough humping by Foolmoon this time, by the tune of 3-0. Sinstrense do me a favour by beating Barreirense, meaning I don’t go in to the playoff position. Yes, it’s that serious. With 6 games to go for me, the host is in danger of not being the host next season. icon_biggrin.gif

Olhanense

Great session once again. Most of the guys went through 10 games, i got 9 as i had a week off. Here is what happened:

First match at home against Oriental, and we were lucky to win. 2-1 the final score. Then came the only defeat of the season, against jcb's Sintrense, who have really found their form now. 1-0, with his young keeper getting MoM on his first appearance icon_mad.gif. We should have won a point, seeing as jcb had no strikers at the moment.

A very tough match against high-flying Moscavide saw us being outclassed and outshot by 18 to 9. My keeper got MoM, and helped as win 2-1 \o/.

Next came seamus' Louletano, at their place, which was the most enjoyable match of the session for me. We scored 2 quick goals, but then i got 3 players injureds. Used a midfielder as a CB, and seamus found a way back to the match, levelling it at 2-2. we somehow scored a 3rd goal, so i pulled 8 players back, acting as defenders and DM's icon_biggrin.gif. Thankfully, our posts were twice solid enough to prevent seamus from equalising again. Phew. Lost the injured DC for 5 months and got 4 suspensions due to yellow cards.

Another hard-fought game against Estrella, we won 1-0. Off to Sporting B, where we got a 1-1 draw. Good result, as they had clobbered us at our place. Yet another lucky win against Ribeira, and a fair 2-2 draw at Pinhalsolense.

Last match of the session against Mooski. His side was on a very bad patch of form already, and the 3-0 loss he got won't do him any good.

Many injuries and suspensions, but lady Luck is on our side. Posting the table below. 7 games to go, but 10 points behind Louletano. Can we catch them?

Next session should wrap up the first season, so everybody, please try and make it there.

Jordi, you should fire your assistant manager, as the table will show you icon_wink.gif

Sintrense

A very satisfactory session for me. The session starts on a downer, however. Our best "super" SC [©Kfoolmoon] is out injured, and misses the first two games.

1.2.04 Pinhalnovense (A).

Took a 6-1 hammering. Led at half time, but the loss of my AMC and goalscorer to injury upset the team and we conceded a 35 yard strike and a quick second. Decided to chase the game and concede 4 more on breakaways. Lost two strikers to knocks. Gave my kid keeper a debut with 10 min left as my regular encumbent is retiring at the end of the season anyway. He did OK, not conceding any further goals.

7.2.04 Olhanense (Kfoolmoon) (H).

A tight match. My kid keeper makes an assured full debut, getting MoM. Both teams spurn chances before my DR pressures an own goal in the 87th min. A 1-0 win to Sintrense! A draw would possibly have been a fairer result, but we need the points!

15.2.04 Odivelas (Mooski) (A)

We just didn't show up. Our best perfoming MC was out with a yellow card suspension and we got creamed. We finally started playing with 5 minutes left and scored through our fit-again "super" SC, but by then we were 3-0 down. 3-1 to Mooski, and well deserved

Lost our vastly experienced player coach MC to a groin injury midweek. He'll miss the rest of the session and more. icon_frown.gif

22.2.04 U. Micaelense (H)

The winger on loan from Seamus' Louletano gives us an early lead. We double it before half time with a penalty from our young SC we got in January, who is starting to find his feet now. He continues his best performance for the club by tucking away a third at the death. 3-0 Sintrense. Basically we've been good at home and crap away, thus far.

29.2.04 Lusitania (A)

Our young SC continues his good form. A dull first half, but a well taken goal by the young SC just after the hour gives us a first away lead of the session. Super SC tacks on a second during a spell of complete dominance for us. We run out easy 2-0 winners to improve our league postion to 9th.

After the game I find that Kid GK, who's been terrific since coming in, is out injured for two weeks.

7.3.04 Amora (H)

Last game of my session. A dreadfully dull game finishes 0-0.

My Asst Man is in control for the rest of the session as I am in and out due to family stuff. I do get to see what's going on from time to time though.

Asst Man picks all the donkeys in the squad (as the "use this team" fails when a couple of late injuries crop up) to play Giziar's Santo Antonio. An incredible 4-4 draw ensues. Time to look for a new Asst Man? Logged in to give him a warning and tweak the team.

He then reels off three wins icon_eek.gif

2-1 vs Mafra (cyberJordi)

2-0 vs Pontassolense

2-0 vs Barreirense

the last two without both first team strikers. Thankfully my midfield has been consistent and baled him out of trouble. Seamus' midfielder has been a star on the right wing. Now I need to find the cash to buy him icon_biggrin.gif.

Finished the session in a very pleasing 7th. My benchmark is that I am now 23 points behind Seamus after starting 22 points behind - despite the poor early away form, the team have almost matched the form of the runaway leaders! icon_biggrin.gif Can we keep this going?

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

| Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1st |seamus | Louletano | | 29 | 20 | 6 | 3 | 58 | 17 | +41 | 66 |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 2nd | | Sporting B | | 29 | 20 | 3 | 6 | 52 | 22 | +30 | 63 |

| 3rd | | O. Moscavide | | 30 | 18 | 5 | 7 | 74 | 42 | +32 | 59 |

| 4th |Myself | Olhanense | | 29 | 17 | 5 | 7 | 43 | 32 | +11 | 56 |

| 5th |UELLFan| Mafra | | 29 | 15 | 6 | 8 | 34 | 34 | 0 | 51 |

| 6th | | Amora | | 30 | 15 | 5 | 10 | 44 | 37 | +7 | 50 |

| 7th |jcb23 | Sintrense | | 30 | 12 | 7 | 11 | 38 | 39 | -1 | 43 |

| 8th | | Marítimo B | | 29 | 10 | 10 | 9 | 39 | 40 | -1 | 40 |

| 9th | | Pinhalnovense | | 29 | 11 | 7 | 11 | 53 | 43 | +10 | 40 |

| 10th | | Estrela V. N. | | 29 | 10 | 9 | 10 | 30 | 29 | +1 | 39 |

| 11th | | Oriental | | 30 | 10 | 8 | 12 | 38 | 42 | -4 | 38 |

| 12th | | Lusitânia | | 30 | 11 | 5 | 14 | 34 | 38 | -4 | 38 |

| 13th |Adax | Camacha | | 29 | 10 | 7 | 12 | 35 | 34 | +1 | 37 |

| 14th | | Pontassolense | | 29 | 9 | 6 | 14 | 35 | 44 | -9 | 33 |

| 15th |Mooski | Odivelas | | 30 | 7 | 10 | 13 | 38 | 47 | -9 | 31 |

| 16th | | Barreirense | | 29 | 8 | 6 | 15 | 37 | 49 | -12 | 30 |

| 17th | | Ribeira Brava | | 29 | 6 | 8 | 15 | 20 | 42 | -22 | 26 |

| 18th |Giziar | Santo António | | 29 | 6 | 4 | 19 | 33 | 64 | -31 | 22 |

| 19th | | U. Micaelense | | 30 | 2 | 7 | 21 | 21 | 61 | -40 | 13 |

| | | | | | | | | | | | |

</pre>

A wise Scotsman (oxymoron, I know) once said:

"*****, *****, ****** *****, *********, ****** **** ****, It's a ****** stupid game and we're stupid ******* to play it!!!!icon_mad.gif."

That sums up my session.

Tried to sign four players, all bids were accepted, but no one wanted to joint. icon_mad.gif Did get a loanee AML as cover (even though he was injured for two months, he's now back and playing well).

We started off being thrashesd about by Sporting B somewhat like 2 - 0, but we never had a chance. Then two unconvincing 1 - 0 wins and my goal per game striker went down with a 2 month long injury.

Kostis, as described above, beat us, yet again (2 of my 3 losses). we did well to fight back and did deserve a draw. Hit the post twice in the final minutes, once the inside of the post only to land in his keeper's grateful arms.

A draw with Mooski 2 - 2. Entertaining throughout. No complaints.

Another 1 - 0 win and then against Santo Antonio we dominated proceedings, but took forever to finally get our goal. Can't remember how it ended.

Final game of the session ended in poor fashion with a 0 - 0 draw with CyberJordi's Mafra. Outshot them 8 - 0, but could not get one past his superkeeper. This result could prove costly as Sporting B are only three points behind.

Moscavide is the nearest to stealing promotion with enough games left for that to happen--not to mention, we visit them on the final day.

The new stadium is proving costly with near 100k in ground maintenance each month. icon_frown.gif We did get 11k out to see us lose to Kostis, so I can only hope people turn up in droves for the next few home matches.

icon_mad.gif

That is my mood regarding the form of my team.

On a lighter note: Team and/or me achieved some of the firsts in this game, that includes:

First declaring interest in another job (I put Alaves in as my fav team so when the job became insecure I just thought I had to declare interest; the Alaves board is still laughing icon_biggrin.gif )

First job becoming insecure icon_eek.gif (Which is a result of the above mentioned first and the "good" playing in the league)

First player capped for an international game (my angolan/portuguese GK got his cap playing for Angola leaving me with his replacement who conceded his first goal which came his way)

No doubt two more firsts will follow; just dont know in which order:

First human manager to get relegated

First human manager to get sacked

Just summarising the games against human players because the other games were utter icon_mad.gificon_frown.gif

First game of the evening against cyber Jordi. The evening started well, we lost 1-2 at home.

2-2 against Cyber Adam with a goal for me coming from a corner in the 90th minute icon_smile.gif

A super exciting match against Cyber Jcb ending in 4-4, wonderful to watch and could have gone either way.

Loosing only 0-1 against the real Seamus which is quite nice if you consider he is leading the table and I was conceding on average 3 goals this session.

If team will continue to play this way you can find me the rest of the summer on the beach of Santo Antonio icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Giziar:

Oh btw: congrats Catalan poof!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_confused.gif Congrats on what??? icon_confused.gif

Mafra

It looks as either my assistant is crap or my players only motivate themselves when a human player is there... either me or another manager icon_razz.gif

Anyway... I told you the team was weak and our undeserved wins and draws in first 18 matches have turned into earned draws and loses for second 18...

Anyway, I'm quite proud of the boys as while I was celebrating my birthday they were still capable of doing some real mischiefs against human managers and specially against Seamus' superkillertactics... I must be the only team he hasn't won over so far icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by UELLfan:

Anyway, I'm quite proud of the boys as while I was celebrating my birthday they were still capable of doing some real mischiefs against human managers and specially against Seamus' superkillertactics... I must be the only team he hasn't won over so far icon_cool.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry Jordi. Age must be doing things to your memory icon_wink.gif. I've not managed to beat The Fool either. And while I've drawn against you twice, I've been beaten by him twice. (That really hurts to admit icon_wink.gif).

Bah...

Kostis' team won the league... thus his winning boths matches to seamus < my drawing both matches to seamus icon_razz.gif

(note: when I saw the thread at 118 posts before luch I knew it wouldn't be there by the time I got back... We are a crappy bunch of postboosting pooves icon14.gif)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kfoolmoon:

And before Humph gets any ideas about the new page... icon_smile.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

CHEAT!

The old make a spurious (birthday) post, and then nick the new page technique, eh? Well, if you're going to play dirty.....

Not much to do for an hour or two the ll caln B makes good reading, If it does pi*s me off that I could'nt commit the time, and am watching for the touch line rather than playing. Well done to Kostis for winning the league, was it ever in doubt.

well it's up to the other 6/7 of you to wipe the smug smile off his face. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bigpants:

Not much to do for an hour or two the ll caln B makes good reading, If it does pi*s me off that I could'nt commit the time, and am watching for the touch line rather than playing. Well done to Kostis for winning the league, was it ever in doubt.

well it's up to the other 6/7 of you to wipe the smug smile off his face. icon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kostis' team won the league IRL bigpants...

Regarding our cyberapproach I think it'll be Seamus' side the one who gets the only promotion spot

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Humph3:

The old make a spurious (birthday) post, and then nick the new page technique, eh? Well, if you're going to play dirty..... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aren't all of us LLaMas supposed to be on the same side?

And that was my trick, btw, before Frank restored me to the light side. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bigpants:

Well done to Kostis for winning the league, was it ever in doubt. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The only clan league that Kostis is in danger of winning is the "who got kicked from #llm-clan most" league. icon_razz.gificon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

icon_biggrin.gif.

And yes, we are supposed to be on the same side so if ever will stop venting their anger at me and focus on beating Sporting B and Moscavide we'll all be happier bunch.

Why can't we all just get along icon_wink.gif.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by seamus redux:

* ever = everyone, naturally.

editing icon_mad.gif. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gets my vote

makes me mad too what is the world coming to when you can't edit your own posts

I'm pretty sure I did beat Sporting B in our single meeting thus far. I'm at home in the return, too. I think I still have to play Moscavide too.

Now, if you could just see your way clear to letting that AMR go cheap to the team he's on loan at icon_biggrin.gif

If four (4!) posts in a row isnt postboosting anymore then I don't know it anymore icon_biggrin.gif

And I probably could live that if he just was a bit more crappy in the league icon_mad.gif

/me counting down to his first sacking/relegation in his short cm 03/04 career.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Giziar:

If four (4!) posts in a row isnt postboosting anymore then I don't know it anymore icon_biggrin.gif

And I probably could live that if he just was a bit more crappy in the league icon_mad.gif

/me counting down to his first sacking/relegation in his short cm 03/04 career. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not postboosting. It's editing icon_biggrin.gif

*therefore, surely. icon_wink.gif

Not to mention, being recyclced should no doubt give me some postboosting privileges.

Back on-topic (keep this thread clean of postboosting!):

What time do we begin on Wednesdays?

Yup 8pm UK. I'll be there at 9:45 as usual.

I was wondering if we should start at 7pm UK on Sundays, since everybody seems to turn up early and then we mill around/go off and do something else until 8pm.

Any thoughts?

Oops. I forgot to answer icon_biggrin.gif

7pm on Sundays is fine for me.

Yes Jordi, i'm the only human manager who's beaten Seamus twice. This pretty much takes all my interest for the remaining matches away icon_smile.gif. Although the 3rd place is not out of reach yet.

Archived