LLM Iberian Clan Online Game (or the: 'I'm late! I'm so very, very late!' thread)

Leça

A strange session. I logged on late to find that since I'd last played, my ass man had steered us to four defeats in 5 games:

Fafe (A) 0-3

Taipas (A) 0-2 (these two games were actually played at the end of the previous session)

Villa Real (H) 1-2

Feirense (A) 0-2

Trofense (H) 3-1

This saw us slup to 18th, in deep trouble.

But when I took control, things suddenly started to click. Firstly, I dropped one striker, and recalled another. The recalled player repaid by scoring eight times in the following 5 games. I also juggeled around which foreign national player I used (under Portugese rules, only 1 non-EU player can be in the squad).

More significantly, from the second game, I played 3 new trialists (allowable in Portugal). They played so well, in that game that I signed them up immediately. Here were the results for the games I managed:

Brage B (A) 2-0 (A great win over the 3rd placed team)

Pedras Rubras (H) 4-0 (ok, the opposition are bottom of the league, but still 4-0!)

Lousada (A) 1-0

Tirsense (H) 5-0 icon_eek.gif (they played 45 mins with 10 men, but we were 3-0 up already)

So, 5 wins in a row then! Admittedly, the last 3 were against the bottom 3 (strange how our fixtures worked out like that).

We now find ourselves in 15th, just out of the relegation zone, with our destiny in our own hands. Of the remaining four games, we have home times with both the teams below us (Vianense and Giziar's Famalicão).

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since there is no edit function icon_rolleyes.gif

'slup' should've been 'slump'

'juggeled' should've been 'juggled'

'times' should've been 'ties'.

I'm certainly not going to be turning up to Sunday's session until after the England game. How many others are planning to watch?

If a few, it might be worth setting a delayed start time.

Odivelas

With only a few games to go, could I challenge for the top 3? Errr....

----------------------

8-5-05 (A) Estrela V N

A 0-0 draw meaning we were unlikely to get near top spot. It was also one game less to get to the goal tally.

15-5-05 (H) Maritimo B

I just about managed the win, 6-1 in the end. We also had hit the 100 goals mark for the season. I thought about thanking the players, but, well, you know how it is….

22-5-05 (A) Amora

Now that was annoying, I was 3 up but lost 4-3, our defensive style wasn’t working it seems. :/

29-5-05 (H) Olhanense

An absolutely ridiculous defeat by 6-4. No really. That’s the last time I change the baby’s nappy and go for a beer during the same game. [/PoorExcuse]

5-6-05 (A) Sinstrense

A 1-1 draw after playing a couple of the fringe players, we weren’t in any trouble and it would mean a couple of runouts.

So the end of the season and of course the 100+ goals was a huge plus point as was the 48 goals by one of the strikers. The continuing good form of my right winger was pleasing, but there are teams sniffing now. Our defence is sh1te, by the way. icon_biggrin.gif

Season was coming to a close, and Olhanense were in 8th place, 8 points off the top with 5 games to go. Could we....?

First game at home, Juventude de Evora visiting. A goal in the second minute by the FR who's on loan from Louletano wraps up the game. We had good chances and should've scored more. Up to 5th.

Away at Sacavenense. We break our run of about 12 games without an away win, thrashing them 4-1. \O/ FINALLY \O/ This leaves us 5th, 5 points of the top. Gulp.

Unfortunately, i had to go on holiday for the home match against Pinhalnovense. My ass man kept up the good work of not even scoring when in charge. 0-0, a midfielder gets expelled. We're definitely out of the run for promotion now, but can finish as high as third.

A much anticipated match-up against Mooski's free scoring Odivelas. Spectators sure got value for money. We go up 1-0, they equalise. 2-1 up, my keeper commits the most stupid mistake i've ever seen, and makes his manager very very angry icon_smile.gif. We then score another 2, with Mooski's defence and keeper left staring. They grab one back, but we score another 2. They get another in injury time, but it's too late, 4-6 FT. Second consecutive away win, 3rd place is ours, if only we draw in the last game at home.

We did just that icon_redface.gif. Opposition keeper gets MoM icon_mad.gif. Good thing it was the last game.

Dale will be pleased to know Atletico secured promotion to the 2nd division. Seamus got promoted to the superleague icon_redface.gif.

In the same time, Humph3 retired after losing in the playouts. Rumour has it he was too bored getting kicked out of mIRC all the time icon_razz.gif. Good having you around Graham icon14.gif

Table posted below icon_smile.gif.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> | Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D.| Pts |

| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1st |Dale | Atlético | | 38 | 13 | 2 | 4 | 37 | 16 | 9 | 3 | 7 | 30 | 24 | +27 | 71 |

| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 2nd | | Barreirense | | 38 | 13 | 3 | 3 | 35 | 16 | 7 | 7 | 5 | 31 | 30 | +20 | 70 |

| 3rd |myself| Olhanense | | 38 | 13 | 5 | 1 | 38 | 11 | 5 | 5 | 9 | 31 | 28 | +30 | 64 |

| 4th | | U. Coimbra | | 38 | 11 | 4 | 4 | 30 | 20 | 7 | 6 | 6 | 21 | 17 | +14 | 64 |

| 5th |Mooski| Odivelas | | 38 | 12 | 4 | 3 | 70 | 30 | 6 | 3 | 10 | 40 | 48 | +32 | 61 |

| 6th | | Juventude de Évora | | 38 | 12 | 4 | 3 | 44 | 18 | 6 | 3 | 10 | 15 | 25 | +16 | 61 |

| 7th | | Marítimo B | | 38 | 11 | 6 | 2 | 33 | 15 | 6 | 4 | 9 | 29 | 31 | +16 | 61 |

| 8th | | Estrela V. N. | | 38 | 9 | 8 | 2 | 32 | 13 | 6 | 7 | 6 | 18 | 21 | +16 | 60 |

| 9th | | O. Moscavide | | 38 | 13 | 3 | 3 | 45 | 16 | 4 | 6 | 9 | 26 | 35 | +20 | 60 |

| 10th| | Amora | | 38 | 10 | 7 | 2 | 34 | 25 | 6 | 4 | 9 | 28 | 32 | +5 | 59 |

| 11th| | Sporting B | | 38 | 9 | 6 | 4 | 28 | 21 | 6 | 4 | 9 | 21 | 30 | -2 | 55 |

| 12th| | Camacha | | 38 | 10 | 4 | 5 | 31 | 15 | 5 | 6 | 8 | 19 | 22 | +13 | 55 |

| 13th| | Portimonense | | 38 | 9 | 5 | 5 | 36 | 24 | 5 | 6 | 8 | 27 | 33 | +6 | 53 |

| 14th| | Casa Pia | | 38 | 11 | 3 | 5 | 36 | 21 | 3 | 7 | 9 | 21 | 32 | +4 | 52 |

| 15th|jcb23| Sintrense | | 38 | 10 | 8 | 1 | 27 | 14 | 3 | 2 | 14 | 19 | 55 | -23 | 49 |

| 16th| Pl | Pinhalnovense | | 38 | 8 | 4 | 7 | 35 | 28 | 4 | 5 | 10 | 17 | 26 | -2 | 45 |

| 17th| R | Sacavenense | | 38 | 9 | 3 | 7 | 34 | 32 | 2 | 8 | 9 | 17 | 34 | -15 | 44 |

| 18th| R | Imortal | | 38 | 6 | 4 | 9 | 27 | 26 | 4 | 1 | 14 | 18 | 42 | -23 | 35 |

| 19th| R | Desp. Beja | | 38 | 3 | 4 | 12 | 19 | 38 | 1 | 2 | 16 | 11 | 52 | -60 | 18 |

| 20th| R | Machico | | 38 | 2 | 4 | 13 | 20 | 46 | 0 | 2 | 17 | 6 | 74 | -94 | 12 |

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |

</pre>

Best home record for us, even though we only drawed the last two home games. Next season will hopefully find me with a much improved squad. Promotion is my objective, but board and fans will be happy with a mid-table finish.

So, what happened at Sintrense then?

Our run in was one big injury fest. At one point we had our entire first team missing due to injury or suspension.

In order to spare you the suspense (and the fact that Kostis has already shown with his table - your powers have regressed a little there, Kostis) I'll point out up front that we exceeded our board's expectations and stayed up again.

The gory details:

Camacha (H)

The team has been decimated by injuries. We play within ourselves and don't ever look like conceding or scoring. 0-0 it is then.

Midweek:

Pre-sign a promising looking DC for the summer.

Juventude de Evora (A)

More injuries and suspensions. I only have enough players for a matchday squad, so my selection dilemma centres on who to play out of position. A creditable away draw ensues. 1-1. My newest U-19 SC gets the goal.

Sacavenense (H)

The injury crisis gets worse. No selection problems as anyone who is fit plays. We have slightly better of the first half and take the lead from a corner in injury time. Equalizer conceded from a 75th min penalty. Third straight draw, 1-1.

Pinhalnovense (A)

Each player I get back is balanced by another one lost to the injury list. Pinhalnovense can still catch us and we need two points from our last two games for safety. So we get stuffed 1-4 icon_frown.gif I am actually not surprised, and quite pleased we have done this well up to this game given the injuries this session.

In true style though, we need a point off Mooski in the next game to be clear of the team that just stuffed us, who have just leaped up to the playoff spot. They're 3 behind with one game left and a vastly superior GD (Remember all those 7 goal stuffings we got midseason? icon_frown.gif ) Thankfully Pinhalnovense have to play their last game at 3rd place Barreirense.

Bizarrely, the transfer window opens before the final game, which is lucky as I need that new DC icon_smile.gif

Odivelas (H) (Mooski)

Against a team that has scored 109 goals going in we don't expect much and concede early icon_frown.gif We equalize just before the hour from the penalty spot and hang on for our required point. Staying up \o/ icon_biggrin.gif Not bad for a team missing most of it's regulars.

In the portion of preseason that I was around for, I signed two forwards on a "no cash but significant sell on clause" basis, one from Kfoolmoon's Olhananense who had a good scoring record but for some reason was being allowed to leave. My board announced that I am to "battle bravely" again, with no transfer funds.

Sounds like another fun season in store. icon_frown.gif

AssMan is likely to take charge of my LLaMa shield committments at the start of the next session.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> In the portion of preseason that I was around for, I signed two forwards on a "no cash but significant sell on clause" basis, one from Kfoolmoon's Olhananense who had a good scoring record but for some reason was being allowed to leave. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's allowed to leave because he wasn't too consistent for me. Always scoring in bursts, 3 here, 5 there, but only scoring in 3 or 4 matches all season icon_frown.gif

What happened to the FRC who was about to retire, Julian?

Leça

I didn't participate for most of the session, preferring instead to watch poofland lose to the frogs. So my ass man guided us through the last four game of the season:

Ermesinde(A) 1-2

Infesta (A) 0-0

Vianense (H) 0-0

Famalicão (Giziar) (H) 0-1

This saw us drop to 16th, and finish in the relegation play-off spot. To stay up, we needed to win a 3 team group consisting of us and the 16th placed teams from the other 2 regional divisions. Each team would play twice, once at home and once away.

We started well, beating BC Branco from the Central division 2-0 at home. Branco then drew 3-3 at home to Pinholvense (from the South). This meant that a away draw would be enough for us against Pinholvense.

With everyone watching on, we started well, passing the ball around prettily. and then it happened. To quote from mIRC:

[22:09] <foolmoon> Leca look like a good team, what are they doing in the playouts?

[22:09] <Giziar> oh dear

[22:09] <Giziar> own goal!

Yep, Kostis tempted fate on my behalf and the footballing gods decided that one of my own team should shovel the ball into his own net. My shell-shocked team soon conceded another. We did pull one back to give us a brief thought of survival, but a 3rd goal against settled it. In fact, I think we may have let in a fourth, but I was passed caring by that stage.

So let's be clear about this. We did not go down due to our lack of points. It is all Kostis's fault icon_biggrin.gif

This left me to decided whether to start all over again with a new team. However, I decided to retire from the game, there and then.

To be honest, it has been too much of a strain trying to play in both clan games. You soon lose motivation playing four nights a week. The five hour sessions on a Sunday proved too long for me, and fact that I routinely missed the first hour + of the Wednesday session meant that it should be the B game I drop. Also the A game does not have Kostis in it icon_biggrin.gif

It's a pity, because it is a thriving game. With the A game struggling to make its required quorum on some nights, the B game puts it to shame with its high attendance level.

Good luck to everyone who stays within the game. Even Kostis icon_wink.gif

I was trying to forget about that icon_redface.gif

It seems i have given seamus promotion, by causing a crash after a game he lost. He won the replay, and i think those 3 points proved valuable at the end icon_biggrin.gif

And of course, i caused Humph's relegation by noticing how good his team looked icon_biggrin.gif

Valuable? Those three points were more valuable than Greece's entire national budget.

Going into the final three matches we were two points clear of 3rd place Rio Ave for the final promotion spot with the next match away to Rio Ave.

We took the lead 1 - 0 only to see them equalize from a penalty. icon_frown.gif They then had a man sent off and we were flying high only to see an injury time 40 yard stormer of a goal send us crumbling to defeat.

This meant we needed help. The next match was at home and I spent most of the game scoreboard watching. Rio Ave went 2 -0 down in 13 mins and we were 3 - 0 up by half time! We were back in command. And on the final day only needed to match Rio Ave's result which in the end didn't matter as we won.

We were level on points with leaders Leixoes (70), won two more games (22), had a better GD by 1, but lost to them twice, which seems to grant them the league title. icon_frown.gif

Still, Superleague here we come! We're in trouble though. Our central defense is old and weak and we had the most losses of the top four teams in the second league (8) last season. We've plenty of money to spend, but I won't be there on Wednesday to spend it. icon_frown.gif.

I've just realized with all the icon_frown.gif in my post you'd think I missed out on promotion. icon_biggrin.gif

\o/\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/\o/ \o/ \o/\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/\o/\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/\o/ \o/ \o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/

icon_cool.gif

:elephant:

Sorry you're leaving us Humph.icon_frown.gif It's all Kostis' fault icon_wink.gif

Kostis - if the new forward works out for me like my inconsistent super SC did for you, then I'll not be unhappy. I don't think he even saw red with you, right? The older FRC, despite my attempts to talk him out of it, decided to retire in the end. I got the news item just before I had to leave.

I'd like to ask a favour too, Kostis. On Wednesday can you notice how my team haven't got a cat in hell's chance of promotion? icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

The joy of winning! or I survived the relegation battle! \o/ icon_biggrin.gif \o/

First game of the evening for my Famalicão squad was at home to relegation candidate Lousada. Dominating the game but forgetting to score leads to a 0-0

Next game away to midtable Ermesinde. Looking at all my away games at Famalicão since I manage them (L-L-L-L-L) I didnt have much hope. But the squad managed to play a decent game and took home the very first point from a away game \o/

Too bad the other games in the relegation battle won their games slipping me down to 18th, a direct relegation spot icon_eek.gif

But then... another away game .. but the tide is turning. We trash the #19 Tirense with 4-0 and approaching the save zone again. First away win at Famalicão, biggest win of the season, infact I believe its even the biggest win for me for 2 seasons at 3 clubs. :happy: even though it was only #19 we won from.

Next game at home leading to another win, 2-1 against Infesta :shocking:

Last game of the season against Cyber Humph's Leça. 3 points clear meaning a draw or win would mean that I was safe, a loss would mean play-off matches since I would have had one game less won then Leça (that appears to be more important then Goal Difference in Portugal). A more or less early 1-0 appears to be the final score. Very happy with the surviving, too bad I pushed Humph into the play-off's but it was him or me icon_biggrin.gif

Sidenotes:

Still unbeaten at home, a lot of draws though

# of retirements > > > # of youth promoted

Board wanting a respectable league position

Due to the upcoming Llama Shield I had to cancel a friendly of Arsenal coming to Madeira arranged by my ass.man icon_mad.gif

Almost 1 mio in the red now

Played 16 games at Famalicão:

Won 5 (last 3 games of the season!)

Draw 6

Lost 5 (all away matches)

Goals For 20 - Goals Against 23

Moderatly optimistic for next season. Btw: it was nice to have you around Humph icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jcb23:

Kostis - if the new forward works out for me like my inconsistent super SC did for you, then I'll not be unhappy. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who said i'm happy with the super striker? icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

I'd like to ask a favour too, Kostis. On Wednesday can you notice how my team haven't got a cat in hell's chance of promotion? icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ehh...errr... uhm... oh yes icon_biggrin.gif

This means you won't make it at all on Wed?

I'll be on my usual schedule, Kostis. I asked for the favour on Wednesday because it's the next session and the last before the season starts. I figure the quicker you notice we're crap, the quicker we start playing better icon_biggrin.gif

I don't know if Mooski competed his Blade Runner threat towards my person and has 'retired' me, but I have to say that if Jorge Vicente is still active I'm available for a Wednesday session at the usual time. icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

Sorry about your retirement Graham icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mooski:

No, we didn't retire you, your puppets are still awaiting your majestic instructions. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually Jordi, your puppets aren't waiting for your majestic instructions, most of them have left on a free when their contracts expired, and a someo thers have signed on a free for other teams. There must be about 12 to 15 guys left icon_biggrin.gif.

And no, i didn't sign a single one of them icon_smile.gif

Well, 12 to 15 plus the new batch of U19's and given that we actually ended as top 5 if spyreports are true...

mmm... I might stay there and try to give them a run to glory if the economic side ain't that bad icon_wink.gif

Ah, a welcome return from the Spanish--err Catal--Portugese manager icon_wink.gif.

Just find a way to make sure Kostis doesn't get promoted. I'm placing a tenner on Mooski's goal scoring machine to top the table this year, after my fellow NJ resident let me down. I'm also considering placing a tenner on Giziar to be relegated after his last ditch survival. Kostis will jump ship by the winter break if he isn't in a position to gain promotion. Adam may actually turn up for a session and Dale will pass me on his way up as I get relegated.

Oh... and I'll have to play from the bookshop as we still haven't got the new ISP provider active at our place...

(Mariela is fuming because of the unavailability of online CounterStrike and because I'm giving her real hardtimes at the games we agreed to play on our LAN icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif )

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kfoolmoon:

Me? Jump? I'd only jump if the Louletano job became insecure or available. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like they'd ever consider you...after the heights they've reached. Even a fall from grace wouldn't grant you access to the Algarve. icon_smile.gif

It looks as if I had set a dinner for tonight with some common friends (mine and Mariela) and had completely forgot about it icon_mad.gificon_frown.gif

Believe me when I say that I'm back for Clan games... but I supose I'll have to postpone it until Sunday...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Giziar:

Regarding the poll in IRC I'll vote:

A) 1%

B) 44%

C) 26%

D) 22%

Undecided 2%

I have no opinion 5% <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What are you on about? icon_confused.gif

Ice Cream > Polls

Odivelas

Pre-season was the usual bag of 5hite, but...l

30-7-05 (H) Vila Real (Llama Cup)

A nice 4-1 to give everyone a run out. But I’ll be playing…

6-8-05 (A) Louletano (Llama Cup)

… in the next round. Soon to be our last. icon_biggrin.gif And it was, although we played well in out 4-2 defeat by Seamus. We hit the woodwork a couple of times too. I’m claiming the moral victory obviously.

21-8-05 (A) Famalicao (Friendly)

We won a hard fought game 1-0, which is a bit of a girlie score, but as it’s a friendly, I’ll forgive them.

--------

Roll on the proper matches. icon_biggrin.gif

Olhanense

Well, a lot of stuff went on tonight. I made quite a few signings: 6 or 7 guys on Bosmans, and 3 loans. Judging by the games we played, it was obvious that we need time to gel.

First off, the LlaMa shield first round, against Louletano icon_redface.gif. Someone (don't know who icon_biggrin.gif) had ticked the "ass man in charge of friendlies" on, so he took control. Louletano gave us a nice, warm humping of 3-1. At least the idiot assistant got his first goal while in charge.

But the LlaMa shield wasn't over yet. Seamus didn't manage to arrange the fixture between Sintrense and Atletico (both Dale and Julian weren't there at the moment), so i played Julian at his place, again for the first round of the Shield. We won 3-2, but my keeper definitely showed that times is getting the better of him. The sub GK made some marvelous saves in the next games, so i only loaned a guy as back-up.

2nd round against Giziar's Famalicao: Super keeper strikes back. We miss a few sitters, but Giziar also had a few chances. 0-0 at full time, and so it stayed throughout the extra time. Penalties. Sub GK brings us back from the dead and we win 4-3. Still, we're completely knackered for the final, which is against...yeah, you guessed it. Seamus' Superleague Louletano, at their place.

We lost 5-3 icon_mad.gif. Seamus got 3 goals from free kicks and one from a corner, to go from 2-1 behind to 5-2 ahead. My DR decided he wanted a rest, so he got a red card with the score at 4-2. Still, we created a couple of chances in the dying minutes and managed to pull one back. An FRC i had signed one and a half season ago gets 2 goals. 4 out of 4 in total, he seems to be on the ball right now.

He also attracts interest from seamus, but his price is already set: 20 million icon_smile.gif. No way in hell i'm selling him.

Two more friendies at home: First Mafra (who now are a non-league side for some reason icon_confused.gif. Probably a bug.). Final score of 3-0 for us, but Mafra had way too many chances icon_frown.gif. Something about my defence stinks.

Then Adam's Vilareal (BTW, Adam, if you're reading this, WHERE ARE YOU??). Final score of 7-1... for us \o/. Practically every shot on target was a goal, so we didn't have that many shots. Super FRC gets 4 \o/, to make a grand total of 10 in 6. Hope he can keep this up for the real matches, which are starting first thing on Wednesday.

An AM/FR i loaned in is playing his arse off, and i'm very happy with him. Same goes for an AM/FL, signed on a free from some Spanish side. My key DC has had an Av R of 5.00 from 6 matches, so i'm quite worried about how our defence will fare with so many attacking teams out there.

Sintrense

Slow offseason session.

Missed the start, as is customary. Kostis evidently had already been knocked out of the shield when he was given the opportunity to hand out my customary first-round exit, although not before some laughs were had at his GK, who twice went walkabout and missed hopeful punts from 45 yards to concede one goal and be baled out by a DC clearing off the line on the other.

Kostis' FRC was on fire, though, which I guess explains why he let a fairly decent FRC leave to join me on a free. I reckoned if we could get this guy out of Kostis' team, he'd struggle this year, so I suggested that moneybags seamus buy him icon_smile.gif

We struggled through the rest of our preseason, including a goalless draw at home to non-league Castrense, a particularly appropriate team name, I felt, given that they induced my forwards to fire blanks.

We put together a 2-0 win in our final warmup, again home to non-leaguers, but I do feel that I actually have a good idea of our best side for a change. One of my new forwards has yet to play, too, due to a groin injury sustained the day after he joined.

I predict we'll struggle again this year icon_smile.gif

The silver lining to this dull session is that we start the season with the next session, except for seamus, who has already played two superleague games. Unfortunately he lost both. Sorry, seamus, your assman did no better in the second game than you did in the first, and lost 0-3 (but it was away again).

Louletano

Pre-season sucks ass. Though I was fairly active. A DC snapped away on a free from Sporting (he rejected their offer icon_biggrin.gif), a loanee DC and DLC, a new GK (who apprently isn't doing much better), and am working on a few others.

LLaMa Shield: My exploits have been described above. Ran Kostis out of the park in the first match, Mooski has a wonderfully entertaining offensive side, and then it was "I need a second chance" Kostis who looked sharp early on, but (ahem) never troubled me in the end. icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif The trophy is now on my mantle, having won it three consecutive times.

Superleauge season proper: We lost away twice. We looked awful. Hopefully we'll turn things around on Sunday.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by seamus redux:

LLaMa Shield .. The trophy is now on my mantle, having won it three consecutive times.

. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just to clarify, those of us present voted that Devon get to keep the Jules Rimet LLaMa shield for his feat of having won it three times.

We're going to have a LLaMa Cup next year, because I have less trouble spelling that icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kfoolmoon:

Two more friendies at home: First Mafra (who now are a non-league side for some reason icon_confused.gif. Probably a bug.). <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perhaps there is another Mafra team icon_confused.gif

You told me my assistant had managed to finish fifth... didn't him?

It's inderdeed quite weird...

Famalicão

Very first time I survived the first round of the LLama Shield. It's a bit odd though that I've played against a non-league team. I beat Cyber Jordi's Mafra by 1-0

For some strange reason Mafra has dissapeared from the 2ndB-Central after finishing third or fourth last season. Btw Porto B also dissapeared after finishing second in 2ndB-North. I smell a bug indeed. The funny side is that Jordi will be sacked as soon as he logs on to the game icon_biggrin.gif

Second game of the Llama Shield was against "I want another chance"-Kostis's Olhanense. A very long game without goals going to penalties. I lost due to 1 ball saved and 1 very wide. 3-4 on penalties.

For moral boosting a game against non-league club Coruchense. Decent play, modest result 2-0.

Final game of the session a friendly against Mooski's Odivelas. Second choice goalie got MoM but conceded one. Lost 1-0 due to underperforming of strikers. But seeing as Mooski scored over 100 goals last season (on average about 3 a game) only conceding one isnt really bad.

/me is looking forward to the real matches. icon_smile.gif

And of course, seamus won't be playing in it. There are some guys out there who want to win something every now and then icon_mad.gificon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And some of us who need proper tune-ups for the season. icon_wink.gif. icon_biggrin.gif

Archived