LLM Iberian Clan Online Game (or the: 'I'm late! I'm so very, very late!' thread)

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I might not make it tonight guys. Depends on Greece-Russia kick-off time and its result(icon_biggrin.gif), but most importantly on a coursework which needs to be delivered on Monday, so that i can actually attend the exam at the same day. Talk about deadlines...

On the other hand, leaving my team at the mercy of my assistant is a thought that's not very enjoyable either, so i guess i must figure my priorities out icon_biggrin.gif

What's the Estimated kickoff time for the game?

I must say I'd rather play than watch Portugal vs Spain (I can always listen to it on the radio) and I won't be as nervious as I'd be if I was watching the match...

So, 19:00 BST it was?

Hi guys!

I found this interestin' thread icon_smile.gif

So, can i join too?! I have lot's of experiance for cm (playin' it 5 years)

Name:Goran

Nation:Croatia

Connection: 128kbps isdn

Time:i'm able to play every day 8pm till 1 am

19.00 BST it is I guess.

Although I'm afraid Jordi you'll get the instant sack as soon as you join the game icon_biggrin.gif

Players currently managing a team in:

Superleague (1)

Second League (1)

Second Division B North (2)

Second Division B South (3)

Third Division or Lower League (1, Yes, that is you Jordi)

Odivelas

28-8-05 (H) Sinstrense

A 2-1 win that I didn’t really deserve, but it’s three points, so I’ll take them.

31-8-05 (A) Amora

a game we never looked like winning. Amora always look strong when I play them and there was no change here. A deserved 3-2 defeat and I think a rethink for away tactics is required.

4-9-05 (H) Casa Pia

With two of our central midfielders away on international duties with Guinea-Bissau, we had to use one of our squad as the holding player. He got MoM and a goal in a 3-1 win. Now, about this away form…

18-9-05 (A) O Moscavide

A wonderful game, I was 3-1 down and crawled back to 3-3 with two goals from a sub attacker, then I had to re-jig after an injury took me to ten men. I held on though, but could have snatched it at the end. The defensive formation didn’t work. :/

21-9-05 (H) Santa Clara

A second successive draw and the second in a row that I’ve had an injury after making my third substitution. Great. 2-2 in the end with a relegated side isn’t too bad on the face of it, I suppose.

25-9-05 (A) Beniditense (Cup Rd 2)

A 4-3 win after coming back from behind twice. I want some 1-0 wins for my birthday. These high scoring games are doing my head in.

28-9-05 (A) Portimonense

Humped 5-2 icon_biggrin.gif

2-10-05 (H) Nacional da Madeira

A 7-0 win against one of the teams tipped to struggle this season, a nice 1-0 would have been better. icon_wink.gif

9-10-05 (A) Freamunde (Cup Rd 3)

A 4-1 cup win and progression through the competition. Maybe cups aren’t for girls after all.

12-10-05 (H) Oriental

And to finish things off tonight, a nice juicy 1-0 thriller. Without the thrilling bits. Where’s my goals gone?

-------------------

I'm desperate for a DC and nothing I seem to do stops the goals leaking in, especially away from home. I just can't quite seem to get the balance right. Anyway, roll on next session...

The Sintrense News

Odivelas Away

The season opens away at Mooski's lot. My DL gets an early booking, but we have some early pressure. Odivelas score with their first shot. We get a more than deserved equalizer on the half-hour mark. We play some half decent football, but Mooski's lot grab an undeserved winner 2 minutes from time. We've never beaten them, and it shows. icon_frown.gif At least it wasn't the 7 goal drubbing we got last year icon_smile.gif

Vasco da Gama di Sines Home

This lot beat last year's runners up Barreirense in their first game icon_eek.gif We score early through a penalty, but concede a soft equalizer. We work another good goal before, you guessed it, another soft equalizer. My GK earns us a point by saving a late penalty \o/

Sesimbra Away

We are robbed when our FRC gets clear on goal and the play is brought back for a free kick to us. icon_mad.gif The opposition win a corner from the resultant play and score from it. icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_frown.gif An equalizer is rendered useless as we capitulate and concede two breakaway goals to slip to a 1-3 defeat. We are firmly entrenched in the relegation zone icon_frown.gif

Juventude de Evora Home

My opponents are one of the two teams below me, and are favourites. A dubious penalty for us at the start of the second half (my player who was fouled looked to be outside the box) gets us rolling, with an elegantly worked tap-in and a deflected free-kick sealing a first win of the season 3-0 \o/, and pulling us out of the dropzone.

C. Lobos Away

Unbeaten leaders away. Brace for Impact! 0-3 down quickly as my GK picks up a knock. Their first is a stunning free kick I expect to see on goal of the month. We pick things up in the second half, drawing the half 1-1, but our goal is the classic late consolation in a 1-4 loss. This away form is getting beyond a joke.

Assman in charge for Cup Second Round, Vianense (Away)

Despite their third division status, my hosts are strongly favoured. My Assman proves the bookies right and gets stuffed 1-4.

Assman then wastes the start of a run of home league matches by drawing 2-2 with Barreirense, and losing 0-1 to Camacha.

Casa Pia Home - Me in charge again for the session's last game.

An injury time goal sends us in 1-0 up at the break. Afterwards it feels like it is merely a matter of time before we concede the equalizer, and we do, from a corner. Despite chances for both sides, 1-1 is the result. We drop back into the relegation zone.

A depressing and encouraging session all at once. We are already fighting for our lives, but we have played better than last season, which is at least progress. I fear that unless we get financially stronger, this is the way of life for Sintrense. I wonder if I'll ever get offered the job somewhere else? I think I'll have more luck waiting for my Mr. Abrahmovich. icon_biggrin.gif

Good session tonight, almost everyone (*cough* Adam *cough*) was there.

Olhanense

First league game at home against Casa Pia. A 4-2 win, but we're very lucky not to have lost. Too many chances for our opponents.

Away at Moscavide was always gonna be a hard match up. And so it was once again. A 2-1 defeat. We weren't desperate, and only lost due to a 80th minute penalty, but still, our away form kicks back in.

At home with Santa Clara, who got relegated from the 2nd division last season. A 3-1 win, but same story with the first home game. Too many chances, our keeper was brilliant again.

Away at Portimonense. We go 2-0 up with 30 minutes to go, then concede 2 in the dying minutes. They got 2 penalties in that game (icon_mad.gif), but only scored one of them. Still, it was enough to deprive us of a deserved away win - again.

At home with National de Madeira. Same old, same old. Our defence is on permanent vacation it seems. We win 4-3, but i'm very worried. we can't be lucky forever, and even if we can, our keeper is always there to fcuk up at some point icon_mad.gificon_biggrin.gif

Cup match, away at Mangualde. We win 4-0 icon_redface.gif. My keeper is MoM. Cups suck arse though.

Away at Maritimo B, every human manager's walk in the park. Well, not for me. We get smashed throughout the game, never looking hopeful. 1-0 loss. Why did i skip the "away matches tactics" class at Uni? icon_frown.gif

At home with Oriental. We go down 1-0 with 15 minutes to go, and it seems we've ran out of luck. not just yet. Two goals in injury time give us an unexpected win.

Cup match again, visiting Amora (same division with us). We win 4-0 again icon_redface.gif. Some in game tweaking seems to have worked wonders, so i use the same tactic for a big clash at my place - 2nd placed Estrella VN visiting.

My keeper finally fooks up, and gives away an absolutely stupid goal. Plus, we finally run out of luck. Our many shots are desperately off-target, and the few on target are miraculously saved. 0-1 defeat, first one at home for this season. We're 8th after 8 games, already a mile off first place.

Seamus said i'd jump in the winter break, but he may be wrong. I'll seriously consider any job offer, away (league) matches are ****ing me off indefinitely.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kfoolmoon:

2nd placed Estrella VN visiting.

My keeper finally fooks up, and gives away an absolutely stupid goal. Plus, we finally run out of luck. Our many shots are desperately off-target, and the few on target are miraculously saved. 0-1 defeat, first one at home for this season. We're 8th after 8 games, already a mile off first place <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I watched that goal. Kostis just made the undersatement of the week. Truly horrendous from the GK, going walkabout with the ball, before letting the opposition SC take it from him in the penalty arc and stroke it home.

I'm getting concerned by the "super-promoted team" syndrome we seem to have got going on. Kostis remark about how far ahead the leaders are, remided me about them, a newly promoted side, with a 100% record thus far, scored 14 conceded 2 in 8 games (and I scored one of the goals when they thrashed me). We saw a similar thing with Atletico last year, and although Dale can claim the credit for getting them up, they did seem awfully strong for a promoted team IMHO. How did you feel about the team you inherited, Dale?

Louletano

After a horrendous first two matches, we win our home opener in convincing fashion followed up by another home win.

Wtith the transfer window closing I signed an 18 yr. old goal keeper on a free who'll join me in January. Scout rated him very highly, but my AssMan didn't. I went with the scout. I also signed a D/ML, and shelled out my biggest tranfer fee yet ($100k plus a sell on percentage and 40k more in monthly installments) for a 16 year-old DC. He'll be joining me in January.

Back on the road and we drew 0 - 0 with Lexioes, my rival from last season. And I believe we lost an away match in there before that, but can't recall.

All in all, an improvement. We're sitting 6th, but not too far above the drop zone. With 1 or two more signings in January, I imagine we're good enough to survive. We've little chance of catching the big teams, Porto and Sporting who are pulling away.

Attendance is good, 25k per home match. Finances are secure and improving vastly by the month. Nearly 4k in the black when I signed off.

Away form! icon_eek.gificon_mad.gif

Famalicão

With the slightly tweaked tactics at the end of last season I had the imagination I could finally bring home some points from away games. WRONG!.

Marco Away. Loosing 2-3, getting a doubtfull red card and conceding the last goal the 86th minute of the game icon_frown.gif

Trofense Away. Just your average away trashing; a 0-3 loss.

Paredes Home. First game at home against a team who's in the bottom half of the league. However moral is a bit knacked after those away humpings. Still a 1-1 draw means the first point of the season.

Fafe Home. Hmm, if I start to loose at home then its getting serious. In my defeat I can say its one of the teams topping the table but still. My very first away defeat at Famalicão. 2-3.

Felgueiras Home. Finally a win against fellow relegation candidates (I wasnt considering myself a relegation candidate at the start of the season though icon_rolleyes.gif), a modest 2-0.

Camacha Away, Cupgame. Well Cups suck arse, away games suck arse so played some different players and still got trashed 0-4.

Taipas Away. Against another relegation candidate it seems. First time I'm ahead in an away game, we score 1-0 \o/. But then away form hits back and we loose 1-3 icon_mad.gif, last goal scored in last minutes of the game.

D. Sandinense Home. A nice and decent 2-0 win. Needed the win very much indeed. Still in relegation zone.

Infesta Home. A very dull and boring 0-0 against midtable Infesta. Gets the team up to 16th (play-off spot)

/me will be practising a couple of away tactics before next session. icon_rolleyes.gif

You guys are worried about away form?

Well, I'd say my new team must first get a decent home form before worrying about away one icon_eek.gif

Anyhoo... first things first... The Mafra bug as we say in here: raro, raro, raro... or weirder than weird... I logged in, I was the manager of a non-league team, I had 51 news. ¿You'd expect some news item about the mysterious from 4rth position spot to the non-league? No chance, there was none.

I was tempted to stay in Mafra and see how managing in the non-league was (as I'd never seen any lower league team had such good economical situation: new huge sponsor on 45k, lots of season tickets sold: almost x1.8 what we had made last year and it also looks as if we received some prize money for going into the non-league... ¿the result? from 50k in the red at the beginning of season 2 to 250k in the green at the beginning of season 3... ¿Who said the lower leagues were the place were finantial profit was impossible? Certainly that doesn't happen in Portuguese Lower Leagues... icon_rolleyes.gif

However I had to retire the manager as none of the teams wanted a manager who was capable of relegating a team despite ending top 5. My claims of innocence didn't work and my 2 CVs were quickly disregarded...

So bad... Jorge Vicente II was created and the boys were kind enough as to give me Juventude de Évora, who had collected a grand total of 1 point in five matches so far. Improving that form isn't really difficult, but lousy goalkeeping sees us loosing some points we really hsould have grasped... Lousy goalkeeping sees our first choice keeper fined and criticised and, by the end of the session, I settle for a first team that contains 4 U19's... ¿Our form? W-L-D-L-L. One of the lost matches was against cyber-adam's Vila Real in a Cup clash in East Lothian LLaMaism usual cups suck arse policy...

More to follow next sunday as my new assistant will have to go through the Wed session on his own... The session is on 23rd June and that is St.John's eve... One of the big Catalan festivities: you have dinner with friends (about 30 of them), drink a lot, make a party all night long, make some camp fire, dance around them and see the sunrise (pagan ritual I know, but it's damn icon_cool.gif )

Laters... (going to post the Mafra thing on the bugs forum)

I don't know what time if at all I'll be around tonight. I have an out of town business meeting this morning and don't know when I'll be back.

I am keeping my fingers crossed, however, that the meeting is short and I am actually home much earlier than usual. icon_biggrin.gif Expect me when you see me icon_smile.gif

Odivelas

A short update as we didn't have the required quota of people until late. icon_frown.gif

-----

19-10-05 (A) Maritimo B

For some reason, we weren’t in with a shout here. A 2-0 defeat brings our good recent record to a halt. Oh well…

23-10-05 (A) E Lagos

The usual “make 3 subs and then get an injury†thing happened again. Thankfully we were already 7-3 in the lead by then. icon_biggrin.gif

30-10-05 (H) Estrela V N

Eh? A clean sheet against the 3rd place team? You’re kidding right? Apparently not. We weren’t in much danger to be honest, without creating too much ourselves either. Hmmm… I wonder.

Well, i managed to make it home early-ish, got Mooski out of bed and made him load the game icon_smile.gif.

Olhanense had 3 matches in a row... away icon_redface.gificon_frown.gif. Well, that was my initial reaction, but here's what happened:

E. Lagos hosted us first. They were sitting 19th in the table, so it was now or never for our first away win of the season. We made a good start and got an early goal through my star FRC. Then they had a few too many chances and managed to equalize with half an hour to go. More than enough for the FRC to grab two more and give us a very much needed away win. 9 points off the top, as C. Lobos achieved a 9 game non-losing streak, having only drawn once icon_redface.gif.

We then visited 4th placed Camacha. Hadn't won against them ever since Adam abandoned them. We got off to another good start, the FRC landing his 4th in two games and my key AMC adding another. Camacha retaliated in the 2nd half, having put us under severe pressure. A counter attack (one of many for us in this game) allowed the FRC to get his 5th. I love this guy icon_smile.gif. 3-1 win for us, rising to our good ol' 5th place. Just 6 points behind C. Lobos who finally lost.

The ultimate test: Sporting B away. Super SC (the one i got from Julian's Sintrense) gets just his second of the season - early in the game again. The FRC does it again later in the 1st half, so we're 2-0 up. Second half begins with Sporting's pressure paying off and reducing our lead. In the 75th minute, my AMR gets injured, and i've already used all 3 subs. We hit the bar with minutes to go, they miss an unbelievable sitter with 15 seconds to go. 2-1 win, phew icon_redface.gif. Still 3 away wins on the trot, occupyimg an impressive 3rd place, just 3 points off the top now.

I won't jump just yet icon_smile.gif

Louletano

Some people need to sort their priorities...

First match we lost 3 - 2 away to someone in red and green in the 85th or so minute. Devastating. Deserved a draw but we went for the win and it cost us.

Next match away to Sporting! While Kostis was away to Sporting B. Got off to a rough start when my DC header past my goalkeeper from 20 yards...yes 20 yards. icon_mad.gif We equalized shortly after and eventually took a 2 - 1 lead only to see them tie it late on. We should have won it with two breaks in the final minutes but our strikers just managed to tap it straight to the keeper. icon_frown.gif Still a good result.

The late start did allow me to watch and switch between the Germany and Holland game so I didnt complain afterwards for starting late icon_biggrin.gif

Short session indeed.

Famalicão

After my slightly tweaked tactics was a complete disaster playing away I opted this time on a brand new tactic.

Vila Real was the very first opponent of the evening, away even. Cyber Adam did a nice job but the Famalicão fans were sheering at the end when we scored the 2-1 in the 94th minute \o/. My very first away win of the season.

Feirense visited us the next game. Never got into trouble and cruised to a 3-1 victory. 2 Wins in a row, must be ages ago when I achieved that the last time icon_smile.gif

While being away at Freamunde it looked like the normal away form was returning. Looked almost the whole match to a 0-1 but managed to score again in the dying minutes (88th) this time to take home a draw.

League position upto 14th. There's practicly no difference in points between the #3 and the #16 so everything is still possible. The last draw ment for instance a drop of 5 places.

Slight concern of the board: they think we should be higher in the league. Hmm, have they checked my resume? icon_confused.gif

I'll probably be unable to log into the game until 19:30 BST tonight (working at the bookshop till that very same hour)... although I'll be available all the afternoon via msn or icq.

I guess we should kick off at 19:00 BST icon_confused.gif

I hope my assistant is less crap than last one *crosses fingers*

Due to unforeseen circumstances, I am unable to play tonight. I know it it a little short notice and I will send an e-mail to those I have addresses for.

Apologies again. icon_frown.gif

I should be oK for Wednesday at 8pm (BST) though.

Well, we gathered on mIRC to decide what we would do, and this is what happened:

First of all, we need to upload he game .sav, so that we can d/l and play, if we can meet our quorum.

Secondly, Julian started a game to test if he could host. All went fine, so there's at least one person who can host when/if Mooski is unavailable.

Third, we played that game Julian started. It was in Wales, with England and Scotland selected. We just ran through a month or so, playing a LlaMa Tea-Cup (that i won \o/), 3 league games (Talbot Town for me, 2 wins/1 loss), and one 2-legged cup tie. I lost the first leg 5-2, and was at 0-0 untill the 72nd minute in the 2nd leg. I then was 2-1 up on 90 minutes, but scored 2 goals in the 93rd and 95th minute to go through on away goals icon_biggrin.gif.

Anyway, not that you'll hear of this savegame again icon_smile.gif.

What he said.

The only thorny issue is how to move the .sav if needed. Does anyone have spare online storage we could borrow?

Failing that, does anyone know anything about this service, which might enable us to move a zipped game file around?

Oh, and in the LoW game, I sucked as usual. Apparently I can only manage successfully if no one is watching icon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gif

I'm going to try that link I posted out today. I reckon it will be faster than MSN. It says that it holds the files for a week, so if it doesn't cause Mooski any problems to upload it regularly, we'd also have a .sav backup for the prior week. You can also transfer without both parties being online if it works - and it sends a link to the uploaded file to whoever's email you like. I should just test it out though and see.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by seamus:

I leave for one weekend and you can't even sort out playing? icon_rolleyes.gif

Amateurs... icon_razz.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Devon!! How are you? What have you been doing? How's the weather? icon_biggrin.gif

Will you make it on Wednesday at all?

Odivelas

2-11-05 (A) Olhanense

Humped 4-2 by some Greek bloke. :shrug:

6-11-05 (H) Sporting B

A disappointing 1-1 considering we held on until the last five minutes of the game. Meh…

13-11-05 (A) Camacha

Another defeat and the season is going pear shaped. I have now officially binned the defensive tactic.

20-11-05 (A) Ovarense (Cup Rd 4)

So I switched back to a more attacking tactic and won 8-7 in this cup game. You read that correctly, by the way. One of my strikers, who I had criticised in the press a week a go scored 4 of them. Good lad!

27-11-05 (A) Vasco de Gama de Sines

Boink! A win, yay! 3-1 and almost a clean sheet!

4-12-05 (A) Juventude de Evora

ok, so we won 4-2 and I know we conceded twice, but that was probably our best overall performance since I’ve been here. All were rating 7s and over. Yay!

11-12-05 (H) Sesimbra

Another win, this time 5-1 to go into the big cup tie with. Not that it will make any difference, but you can always hope.

14-12-05 (H) Maritimo (Cup Rd 5)

A wonderful performance that ended 0-0 AET and so it went to penalties. We missed our 3rd and they missed their 5th, so it went to sudden death. We both missed our 6th, but we missed ours and they scored. Oh well. Just over 10k saw the game.

18-12-05 (H) C Lobos

Load of cack. A 1-0 defeat and a poor performance.

---------------------

End of session, and a long winter break to come, so don't expect too many game reports next time

Louletano

One might call this an average, and by average I mean, nearly perfect, session. icon_smile.gif

Started off roughish with an uninspired 0 - 0 at home to Vit. Guimaraes.

Then a easy 3 - 0 over relegation candidates Bragga.

A lucky, but very rewarding 0 - 0 away to Porto who were to that point unbeaten in the league. We were outshot 20 - 3 icon_eek.gif.

Next we were home to Boavista who are bottom and sacked their manager just prior to the match. We get a 1 - 0 win.

Then the most dramatic game of the session came away to Benfica. Down 1 - 0 early on I threw caution to the wind and pulled back to 1 - 1 in the 82nd min. We had a winner ruled out for offside only to score again in the 88th minute and it held up through 6 mins of injury time.

Then my AssMan managed us to 2 - 1 5th round cup win over Coimbra (2B Central). And he ended with a 2 - 0 home win over Alverca.

We're 5th, 6 points off of first. The press are talking about the once unlikely prospect of playing in Europe next season...icon_eek.gif.

Ho-hum, Olhanense were on fire tonight. First time our performances are steadily good in two consecutive sessions.

We host Mooski's Odivelas in our first match. Right. So they go up 1-0, and i'm getting scared. No reason to though, team reacts nicely and ends the first half leading 2-1. We enjoy near total domination in the second half to score another couple, Mooski gets a consolation goal in stoppage time. 4-2 win, we're tied first with two other teams. If only Mooski could get a couple of defenders in, he would have owned us all.

Away at Vasco da Gama de Sines (did i forget anything?). They go 2-1 up with 20 minutes to go, and then my connection starts to play tricks on me. I get disconnected, and when i finally manage to log back in, i find that we won 4-2 icon_redface.gif. Ah well, we're top of the table for the first time in 3 seasons \o/.

At home with dead last Sesimbra didn't look tough at the start. And it wasn't. A 5-0 win, first clean sheet in the league.

Cup game. Away to Estoril (2nd division). Looked like a hard game. Well, it was. We lost 6-5 in extra-time. Yes, that's correct icon_smile.gif. Both teams had chances to win it, and we lost our biggest one when we went 5-4 ahead with 5 minutes to go in normal time. Nice way for the keeper to celebrate his first league clean sheet icon_rolleyes.gif.

Away to cyber-Jordi's Juventude de Evora. They go 1-0 up with 15 minutes to go, and my connection starts playing tricks on me again. This time it's serious, and i don't manage to reconnect until the end of the session icon_frown.gif. When i do reconnect, i see the star FRC got a late equalizer \o/.

Here are the rest of tonight's results:

Barreirense (a) 2-0. FRC and super striker get one each.

C. Lobos (h) 4-0. This is the 2nd placed team icon_redface.gif. Super SC gets a hat-trick, his performances so far are justifying his "super" title.

Sintrense (Julian) (h) 3-0. Julian was keeping me updated on Trillian (on another PC) for this one. It looked to him like an unfair result, as he claimed to have missed some easy opportunities. My ass man has been superb in this string of matches, keeping 3 clean sheets along the way, which was more than i managed in the whole season icon_biggrin.gif.

Olhanense are 1st in the table with a confy distance of 6 points from C. Lobos and Maritimo B.

News from Sintrense

AssMan had 2 losses and a win in the last session. Guess which two were the away games icon_mad.gificon_wink.gif He has us 17th in the league - a relegation spot.

I find a silver lining in the rotten cold I have been suffering in that I am at home to play the whole midweek session for a change\o/

2.11.05 Portimonense (A)

Early loss of MC to injury is immediately followed by 6th min goal against. It stays that way until a 5 minute blitz starting at the 70 min mark. My switch to gung-ho tactics unusually works, and produces 3 quick goals. There's still time for nerves as we are pulled back to 3-2 before we seal it at the death. A 4-2 away win icon_eek.gif \o/ icon_biggrin.gif We're still a few points from safety though.

6.11.05 Nacional de Madeira (H)

We give it the full gun early doors [/Ronglish] and race into a 2 goal lead (DR gets the second from open play such is our dominance icon_eek.gif), but we are pegged back to 2-2 by the hour mark. An exquisite free kick 10 minutes from time seals a second win \o/ icon_smile.gif Up a place to 16th (relegation playoff spot)

13.11.05 Maritimo B (A)

Away form returns to normal at 3rd placed Maritimo B as we are beaten 3-1. We are hopelessly outmatched in the first half, but a quality second half fightback leaves me with some hope for the future.

27.11.05 Oriental (H)

A goal in the last 2 minutes of each half is enough to see off an Oriental team that did not trouble us at all. 2-0 Sintrense. We move up to 15th and a safe spot icon_smile.gif

4.12.05 Estrela V.N. (H)

My DR is red carded 2 mins in and concedes a penalty in getting it. We predictably slump from that point to a 0-3 loss icon_frown.gif He gets a 5 match ban icon_eek.gif and a fine for his troubles.

11.12.05 E. Lagos (A)

They are 19th, and look it in a one-sided first half, although we need a penalty to break the deadlock. We add a second in an equally one-sided second half. 2-0 win \o/ icon_smile.gif Up to 14th.

18.12.05 Olhanense Cyber-Kostis (A)

They are top, and stay there. A deserved win for them, but our profligate finishing and a counterattack goal as we attempt to salvage something leave them with a flattering 3-0 win. My strikers somehow contrive to miss 3 open goals in the second half /o\.

We finish the session in 14th. 4 wins and 3 losses. Our play wasn't bad, but away games at two of the top three and a reckless DR in our last home game spoiled the session a little. Hopefully we can build from here, but I fear I've said that before with little success icon_frown.gif

Re-reading my post I feel that I was perhaps a little harsh on the lads. They played well, with our three losses tempered by the generally good performances in two of them and the mitigating factor of giving up a man and a goal headstart 2 minutes into the other.

There, now I've jinxed them for Sunday icon_biggrin.gif

And Kostis, I didn't say the result was unfair, just the margin of victory icon_rolleyes.gificon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

Archived