LLM Iberian Clan Online Game (or the: 'I'm late! I'm so very, very late!' thread)

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Famalicão

Altough the last Famalicão session was quite a succes this session was almost the same disaster as usual. On top of that Holland did loose to Portugal icon_frown.gif

Salgueiros Away. And an away game it was. 1-4 lost. Please let me forget this game quickly.

Braga B Home. Altough Braga is almost top of the league it turns out to be a very dull game ending in a 0-0. Nobody did deserve to win.

Vizela Away. A suprising 1-1 against subtopper Vizela. Not bad when I look at it now.

Joane Home. icon_mad.gif

Joane is the bottom team in the league and I'm playing home so what could possibly go wrong? Well, everything. icon_frown.gif. Got a very early red card. Did somehow manage to score and take the lead. Got another early red card. Of course they score. Just before the end of this torture game they score again. Lost 1-2 to the bottom team. icon13.gif

Sanjoanense Away. Next game wasnt good for my nerves either. Took a very early lead (first minute icon_eek.gif) but that developed into a 2-2. Then we score from a corner \o/, but then... Goal is ruled out for pushing icon_mad.gif at the ref. Of course they score in the final minutes of the game the 2-3. Lost again away.

Esposende Home. Somehow the lads do play a lot better at home. Now against the #2 team, another decent 1-1.

Lourosa Home. Against the #18 team. First goal scored by Lourosa. I fear another humiliating loss. But the team regroups itself marvelous and runs away to a 4-1 victory icon_smile.gif

Slight downside: fav sc injured, but then again its now winterbreak so he has time to recover.

Big upside: loanie sc managed to score 3 goals. I think this might be the first time ever in my 03/04 managerial career that a player has scored 3 goals in one game. Yeah I suck. icon_biggrin.gif

Last game did pull me back out of the relegation zone. Still needing a couple of decent sessions though.

And you might wonder why there is no cup mentioned in my report; well cups suck arse and I think I was kicked out of the cup a session or 3 ago.

Did watch the Goalfest Cup game Kostis was playing which ended in 5-6 in extra time. Exciting game to watch, both teams took the lead a couple of times.

Was very suprised though that it wasnt the cupgame with the most goals. 15 (! icon_eek.gif !) in Mooski's game. Wish I watched that one...

Odivelas

8-1-06 (A) Barreirense

We fought back nicely from 2-0 down to claim a draw, despite me not being in charge for the last 30 mins to help put the baby in the bath. He should be cleaned more often, it seems. icon_wink.gif

15-1-06 (A) Sinstrense

We won 3-2 and it was a travesty to be honest, we were much the second best side in the first half, but went in 2-1 up. Ha! This game is panys, by the way.

22-1-06 (H) Amora

A nice handy 4-1 win, meaning we go up to 6th and lurking nicely. Well, not really, because we’re all miles behind that Greek bloke.

29-1-06 (A) Casa Pia

This was a very hard fought 2-2 draw and we were under immense pressure in the first half. Ours was the second half after a couple of substitutions though, our target SC is going to get a rollocking though. He was great last season but hasn’t performed at all this season.

5-2-06 (H) O Moscavide

A comfortable 4-1 win against the boys from Moscow, the SC that I criticised after his recent performances goes and scores two. Nice one!

11-2-06 (H) Portimonense

I never felt comfortable about this result until we scored the 4th, to be honest. In the end the 7-1 scoreline flattered us, as the opposition played very well in the first half and could have scored a couple more than they did.

-------------

I seem to be lurking quite nicely here, 6 points behind Kostis. No presure on the Greek lad though, I'm sure he'll walk away with the title.

icon_biggrin.gif

Sintrense: Probable Relegation News

Due to Kostis' buggering off to watch tv icon_wink.gif (Greece \o/ icon_biggrin.gif) we don't have a quorum until a bit later than usual.

08.1.06 Sporting B (H)

A 3-2 win, coming from behind twice \o/ And we miss two sitters and have one disallowed for offside. My joy is tempered by the fact that it was at home and that always happens. 13th.

15.1.06 Odivelas Mooski (H)

This was one of those matches that makes you hate the game. We waste a good chance inside the first minute and it gets worse. We boss the first half, but waste several more chances and unbelievably trail 2-1 at the break. Our profligate finishing continues to haunt us as we slump to a 3-2 loss, although the second half was much more even than the first. Still not beaten Mooski icon_frown.gif 14th.

22.1.06 Vasco da Gama de Sines (A)

They just leapfrogged us. They're all over us. The only surprise is that it takes them until the 83rd minute to score a goal. They immediately get a second to keep it company. I don't suppose this would have hurt so much if it hadn't been for the last match. :depressed: We drop to 15th.

29.1.06 Sesimbra (H)

A 2-2 home draw against the bottom team is just not good enough icon_frown.gif 16th place is getting closer...

05.2.06 Juventude de Evora Jordi (A)

well, you know what's coming.. Much like the game at Vasco da Gama, except Jordi are still below us. Deserved win for him. My team have just collapsed since the injustice that was the Odivelas game.

Applied for the vacant Maia job after Mooski mentioned he turned it down. Certainties for relegation from second league, I figure at least they'll be playable next year :/

11.2.06 Barreirense (A)

DC, from a corner. A penalty. An unlikely but welcome away win. We could have cost their manager his job as he is insecure. Leapfrog them to go back to 14th.

A pretty depressing session. We bob around in the mire and put in a couple of abject performances, including one against a fellow LLaMa. Three seasons of this are getting to me. My Holiday options for Wednesday include the apply for jobs option for the first time ever. icon_frown.gif

Finally for Seamus: Louletano results

Leira (H) 2-0

Felgueiras (Cup, H) 3-2

Belenenses (A) 1-0

Academica (H) 2-1

Beira-Mar (H) 2-3

Benfica (Cup, A) 0-1 Good job cups suck arse icon_wink.gif

Your Assman also signed about 300 players (well, 5 or 6 anyway)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by seamus:

If nothing else, we've unsettled Kostis. He's feeling the pressure that comes with being so close to promotion. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ain't that the truth icon_frown.gif

Couldn't make it tonight from the start, so Olhanense played two games guided by my assistant manager. And this showed, as we got raped at Amora's place 5-1, and at Casa Pia, losing 2-0. 2 consecutive defeats see the chasing pack cut our lead to 2 points.

I took control from then on. We hosted Moscavide first, an attacking side that has always given us trouble. We go 1-0 up, but they equalize. A penalty in the last minute of the first half puts us back in control, as we cruise to win 4-1. We also take a deep breath from our stalkers, expanding our lead to 4 points.

Away at Santa Clara, a former 2nd division club that was sitting 7th at the time. We go up 2-1 late in the second half and manage to scrape a win. Their keeper gets MoM ( icon_mad.gif ), but they have some decent chances in the dying minutes. Phew, another away win, we maintain our difference on the table.

At home for the most frustrating match in a long while. Portimonense visiting. We miss a few chances in the first half but they score on the break. We completely monopolize the play in the second half, but their keeper pulls some magnificent saves. Way too magnificent, if you know what i mean. Yep, super-keeper is back icon_frown.gificon_mad.gif. Our second home defeat this season. Maritimo B win their game and cut our lead to a single point.

And guess who we're hosting for a 6-pointer: yep, Maritimo B. Well... we won 6-0 icon_redface.gif. Never looked troubled, Super SC gets 2, a very good performance overall. Still, i would have liked to get something from of our previous game icon_frown.gif, but you can't win them all.

Still 1st, 4 points ahead of Maritimo, 5 off another couple of AI teams and only 6 off Mooski. Next session has some key matchups, we need to win those to stand a chance come the end of season.

Famalicão

Session started with an away game against Ermesinde. It was an away game, I was favorite so the most likely result would be a loss. Well I was correct, 2-3. Board was dissapointed.

Next game not only the board was dissapointed, I was also. We lost again. But this time at home against Trofense. Appeared to be a rival club even.

Paredes Away. A suprising comfortable 3-1 win!. After getting behind 0-1 even on a penalty. Nice result.

Marco Home. Club played last year in the second league and beat me the first game of the season. But still a 2-0 victory! icon_biggrin.gif

Fafe Away to the leaders of the league. Didnt expect anything. Somehow the ball falls in the right goal and nothing else happens. 1-0. \o/.

Felgueiras Again away but this time against relegation candidate Felgueiras. Nothing happens except the mistake by my keeper who I praised last week for his outstanding performance icon_mad.gif. First chance for our team in the 94th minute. Of course no goal. Final score 0-1. Dissapointing.

All in all team is just above the relegation zone, we need a bit of luck here and there. Made some signings for next season (not as much as Cyber Seamus though who looks like he likes young boys icon_eek.gif) so if I can manage to stay up then next season might give some improvements. Altough not in the finances of course, already 1.5M in the red now.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jcb23:. My Holiday options for Wednesday include the apply for jobs option for the first time ever. icon_frown.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wish to recant my unLLaMa-like ways. Upon resolution of the Maia job, which I did apply to and will take if offered (fat chance), I wish for my holiday option to be cleared fo the apply for all jobs thingy. Mooski has agreed to do this, so someone remind him on Wednesday icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jcb23:

Finally for Seamus: Louletano results

Leira (H) 2-0

Felgueiras (Cup, H) 3-2

Belenenses (A) 1-0

Academica (H) 2-1

Beira-Mar (H) 2-3

Benfica (Cup, A) 0-1 Good job cups suck arse icon_wink.gif

Your Assman also signed about 300 players (well, 5 or 6 anyway) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, not too shabby from the second in command. An Away win icon_eek.gif. But he did manage to lose at home I see and win a cup match icon_mad.gif.

As for the players, they could be ones that I lined up as future transfers in the last session. I remember thinking I wouldn't be around so I put in bids for lots of players. Still, it'll be interesting come Wednesday to see what happened.

Didn't catch my position in the table did you?

Seamus: I got the message that your assman did an inquiry at an certain young Defensive wonderkid from 2B-North. icon_wink.gif

No further news about that though icon_frown.gif

Don't know about the ones he did sign, never heard of any of them.

Ah I can't afford them anyway. icon_rolleyes.gif

When I checked, they wanted a lot of money for that defender. I'm not even sure I have the bankroll to bring him in. But if I do...icon_wink.gif

It'll be interesting to see what's gone on tomorrow.

3rd...that would be nice. icon_smile.gif

Odivelas

19-2-06 (A) Santa Clara

A bit of a six pointer with these lot, which they won 2-0. Oh well, there goes my unbeaten record.

26-2-06 (A) Nacional de Madeira

A slightly nervy 3-2 win against one of the teams in relegation trouble. It doesn’t bode too well for the rest of the session.

5-3-06 (H) Maritimo B

A fantastic performance, even by the defence saw us thrash the B side 5-0. It outs us up to 2nd place, still six points behind Kostis and I hope he’s feeling the pressure. icon_biggrin.gif

But then I got offered the Penafiel job in Division 2. They’re lying in 5th place and within touching distance of the top 3. Ha!

Penafiel

12-3-06 (H) Varzim

A great start, with a 2-0 win over the 2nd place team. After looking at my defence though, which didn’t take long, it seems that Imay need a few in the close season. I’m not too bothered if I don’t get promoted, but it would be nice.

25-3-06 (A) U Madeira

A game where we battled away, but just didn’t have enough. We lost 2-1 in the end and our lack of depth in defense cost us dearly. All of the U19s were ineligible for this game too, which I thought was strange

------------------

Spookily, there is a severe lack of talent in defensive positions, so my main objective next season is to get some players in there. The board are being a bit on the tight side with their money, so I will have to be careful. I'm sure though, that I will be able to get some loans in this time. I had no chance with Odivelas.

Welcome to the Twilight Zone, otherwise known as Whatever Team I Happen to be Managing Today

I wished to rescind my "apply to jobs" as soon as Maia had decided on their manager. At last check near session's end they still hadn't decided yet icon_rolleyes.gif Long before which, fate had intervened...

Evidently, I am a Brian Clough wannabe. I changed jobs twice (all while being on holiday), the first one being a two-day (icon_eek.gif) sojurn at Oliveirense, which was followed by a move to D2BN Felgueiras. Similar in size to Maia, (10k stadium, regional rep) but still with no cash, hopefully they'll be a challenge without the hopelessness that ended my stay at Sintrense. Maia will have to look elsewhere as I don't fancy changing jobs again so soon.

Sintrense did get compensated for my services by both teams I joined icon_eek.gif \o/ A total of 28k into the coffers there. And good luck to the AssMan who had launched into a 3 game winning streak before I left.

So I am now Felgueiras manager, in D2BN with Giziar and Cyber-Adax.

I have a fairly large squad, but no GKs. Perhaps that's why they're struggling just above the relegation zone? The DC's are poor, but the top half of the team ought to be OK for a while. My U-19s have 3 GKs (thankfully). Decide that the best is a 16 yo. He's promoted to first team status. I sign a rather good French AssMan and a scout. Now I just have to move the crap AssMan I inherited out, without spending 60k to sack him, as I'm in the red a couple of hundred grand...

So to my games in charge:

19.3.06 D. Sandinenses (H)

Lost 1-2. We out-shot them 9-2. The only thing I found out about my young GK was that he's crap at one-on-ones. Two hopeful punts from them, two SC's breaking clear, two goals. A good performance ruined by sloppy defending to let them get clear.

23.3.06 Lourosa (A)

Got stuffed 0-3 by a team below us, in the relegation zone. Whoops icon_frown.gif GK has a 'mare, but his defence let him down again.

09.4.06 Vila Real Cyber-Adax (H) Take some half-decent defending and a good performance from GK, add an 85th minute goal from one of my subs to make my first win here. Much needed too. We're 14th, 1 point ahead of 16th (playoff) and 4 ahead of the first relegation spot of 17th.

Despite the rather odd events surrounding my re-employment, I feel rather more optimistic about Sunday than I have in a while. Which probably means I'll be relegated icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mooski:

5-3-06 (H) _Maritimo B_

...It outs us up to 2nd place, still six points behind Kostis and I hope he’s feeling the pressure. icon_biggrin.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Am i ever icon_mad.gif. Too bad you left Odivelas, we could have had a great battle to the end.

After the super-keeper bug that re-appeared in the last session, my usual away form also striked back. Olhanense could be well clear by now, if it weren't for our recent away form.

First game away, National de Madeira (17th on the table). We take advantage of our three shots on target, adn break away 3-0 winners. Madeira had too many chances, they just couldn't hit the target. Our last away win for this session, and probably for this season.

Away again, visiting Oriental. 2 chances for them, 2 goals. We look toothless and desperate both defensively and offensively. 2-0 final score. Steadily first though, 4 points off Maritimo B.

At home at last, hosting 19th placed E. Lagos. We allow too many chances to such a lowly team. We go 2-0 up with 12 minutes to go, they score from a corner. An unbelievable long shot right after the kick-off gives us back a 2 goal lead, which we somehow manage to hold on to. At the same time, Odivelas beat Maritimo B and occupy the second spot, just 6 points behind us. But Mooski leaves the club at that point, which is a pity.

Away at Estrella V.N., a very strong team. First half only has 3 key highlghts (the long ones, which always end up with one team scoring). All3 are for them icon_frown.gif. Some changes at half time improve our overall showing, but it's still poor. 3-0 loss, Odivelas cut our lead to 3 points. Gulp.

At home, facing my bogey team, Camacha. First half has no shots or highlights whatsoever. Second half has 3 shots, all for us, but just one on target, which ends up as a goal. It's ours \o/. super FRC taps the ball in from close range and sends me sky-high. Odivelas win again, situation at the top unchanged.

At home again, facing the team with the best away record: Sporting B. Super SC gets his 17th goal of the season, Super FRC gets the next two (27 in total icon14.gif), and a sub striker gets the 4th for us. But not so easily as it sounds, Sporting miss lots of opportunities along the way. Both teams get a player expelled. Odivelas were playing away at Estrella, where they lose 1-0 \o/\o/\o/. 6 points clear, but a major 6-pointer is coming up first thing in the next session: Odivelas - Olhanense icon_frown.gif.

My fullbacks are playing crap, especially the DR's. I need better players there. I also need a consistent keeper. Typically, i secured the services of a Portuguese AM/FR and an M/SC from Numancia, who look great. Both coming over the summer on a free. Our financial situation is lamentable, only a couple of months before we go into receivership.

8 games to go, 4 home and 4 away. Are 6 points enough? Stay tuned icon_biggrin.gif

Louletano

A dip in form as we only won 1 game and that was in the 90th min. We did play to an exciting 1 - 1 draw with Porto, which is a great result, though we did deserve better. Poor finishing was a problem this session and something I'll look to address in the close season, my top striker is out long term with a fractured skull.

I realized after the sessoin that my assman didn't sign any of those players...it was me...and i know have five goalkeepers after signing two in January ... icon_redface.gif. Brought in another D/M L and in the end of the session signed some Spanish AMC on a bossman and on really low wages (well, realtively, he was on 4k and I've got him for 1k). He was wallowing in Valladoid "B" but my scout claims he's golden. I think Kostis agrees. icon_smile.gif

We're now 4th. But it's crowded up top and Europe is not assured yet. But fingers crossed for Sunday.

Famalicão

Ah, just another nice session. Just lasted one game too long. Both in good results as in the result the lack of sleep did have on my work the other day icon_biggrin.gif

Taipas H. At home against a team hanging in the relegation zone. Well the 0-0 sounds boring, the game itselfs wasnt.

At a certain point opponent goalkeeper is injured and instead of finishing the attack and scoring the goal my striker just decided to kick the ball to row Z so he could receive treatment. I hate fairplay when it works against you icon_wink.gif

Replacement GK gets MoM of course with a lot of saves eventhough he was severly lacking match practise. We dominated but lost 2 points.

D. Sandinenses Away. Strangely enough a win. :amazed: 2-1 and 3 points back home

Vila Real At home against Cyber Adam. I achieved the same result against Cyber Adam as Juian did a couple of weeks later. A very efficient 1-0

Feirense Away. I'm not used to winning away so I was still amazed from the game against D. Sandinenses and certainly didnt expect the outcome to this came. A win.. not just a win but a 3-0 win! icon_eek.gif \o/

FreamundeHome. Lads were still suprised from the 3 wins in a row (2 of them away) and didnt concentrate enough. We faced an early 0-1 but fought back to 1-1. Still looking at the game a fair result.

InfestaAway. Last game of the session and feeling tired (me not the squad). Lost 0-2 without having much of a chance. Ah, the real away form is back.

Still very satisfied about this session, made some progress in the table, believe I'm now about 2-3 places and some 3 points above Julian.

Btw: Welcome Julian in the league that is currently holding the most llama's :llama: icon_biggrin.gif

And you get to read books for a living?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

Vila Real At home against Cyber Adam. I achieved the same result against Cyber Adam as Juian did a couple of weeks later. A very efficient 1-0

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by seamus:

Ummmm, where did you spell it Juian, except in your edit? icon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Vila Real At home against Cyber Adam. I achieved the same result against Cyber Adam as Juian did a couple of weeks later. A very efficient 1-0 <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Penafiel - or wherever I am icon_biggrin.gif

15-4-06 (A) Moreirense

This Second League is more difficult than I hoped for. A4-1 away defeat isn’t nice, really. I’m now eight points behind 3rd place with five games to play, so it’s unlikely that promotion will be happening this year.

23-4-06 (H) U Lamas

A nice comfortable 3-0 against one of those near the relegation places. We’re woefully short of defenders (have I mentioned that?) but those that stepped in did well. They can retain their places for the next game. Probably.

7-5-06 (A) Atletico

A magnificent 2-1 win at the league leaders. I feared the worst when we went down earl yon, but we fought hard and got the deserved win. Yay us!

14-5-06 (A) P Ferreira

Another fine win, this time 4-1 against a mid table team. Again, we weren’t in any apparently trouble, which is nice.

We’ve underestimated our chances here, with two games to go, the table looks like this:

1 Rio Ave (54)

2 Varzim (53)

3 Atletico (50)

4 Penafiel (49)

Come on!!!

28-5-06 (H) Aves

A 5-1 win and it means that if we beat Rio Ave (who are in 2nd) in the next game, I go up. Yeehah!

4-6-06 (A) Rio Ave

Bah! A 2-1 defeat and we were worthy of a draw at least, which is all it would have taken to go up, as Dale got beaten by Giziar. Oh well, there’s always next year.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mooski:

4-6-06 (A) _Rio Ave_

Bah! A 2-1 defeat and we were worthy of a draw at least, which is all it would have taken to go up, as Dale got beaten by Giziar. Oh well, there’s always next year. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jeez. I do a guy a favour and he doesn't even remember I did it icon_rolleyes.gificon_razz.gificon_wink.gif

Find out exactly how I was in a position to do Mooski a favour next...

Felguieras:

15.4.06 Feirense (H)

A rather dull game. I had tweaked tactically and we were solid at the back. Unfortunately we were toothless upfront as both forwards earned a 4 rating. 0-0 draw, and a point gained I think, even though we slip to 15th.

Job change time again. Maia finally came knocking and I felt I couldn't turn them down. Financially, and facility-wise we're better than Felguerias and I didn't have time to get attached there, so I job hopped, hopefully for the last time in a while. I'm going to be in D2B next season whatever happens as Maia are rock bottom of the second league

The Maia Chronicles Chapter 1.

We're already down unless a miracle occurs, so I have 5 games to organize my squad and line up players for next year.

23.4.06 Moreirense (H)

I win my first game in charge. My defence look solid and we nick a couple of set piece goals after the break. 2-0. Safety is only 10 points ahead with 4 games left...

Who am I kidding? icon_smile.gif

07.5.06 Varzim (A)

Away at the third place team, and relegation is confirmed. We give it a hell of a ride though. Despite going 1 down to a goal that was miles offside, we battle back, and lead 2-1 at the break. Varzim get a late equalizer they barely deserve to send us down, since we're still 10 points from safety with only nine left. A 2-2 draw away at a likely-to-be promoted team is still a decent result though. icon_smile.gif

14.5.06 U. Madeira (H)

Fifth placed side. We don't look to be in any trouble until they score. A tight game, which we are edged out of 0-1. I think that the morale issue came into play - everyone is poor or very poor due to the relegation. We fought well though. I'm not unhappy with the performance.

28.5.06 U. Lamas (A)

My AssMan had to look after this as I was called away for a few minutes. The experimental team I left him did not produce the desired reaction. He lost. 0-3. Git. icon_frown.gif

04.6.06 Atletico Dale (H)

Dale needs to win to be sure of promotion. He takes an early lead when my MR goes for a run in the stand and lets leaves the flank exposed icon_eek.gif (A bug surely - never seen it before). I bring on a couple of subs at half time and they turn the game. We win 4-1, I think my best result against a human. The margin of victory is harsh on Dale, but I think I shaded the game based on my second half show. He gets promoted though, as Mooski loses, so it isn't all bad for him.

We finish bottom, but I think I might have the makings of a half-decent side here. If only the Maia board had appointed me when I applied, those extra 10 games might have been enough to keep us up. We got 7 of our 21 points from the 5 games after I joined (and I only managed 4 of them).

Olhanense

To revise our situation before this session, we're sitting first 6 points off Odivelas with 8 rounds to go.

Major 6-pointer: Odivelas vs. Olhanense. Seamus spends the first 20 minutes of the game screaming "GO ODIVELAS" in my ear, but he is then forced to shut up, because we're already 4-0 up icon_redface.gificon_biggrin.gif. And that's the final score, as we expand our lead to 9 points. icon14.gif

At home with 15th placed Vasco da Gama de Sines. Their strike force tears my fragile defence apart, as the go 2-1 up. We equalize, but a complete black out seals our fate, as we 're down 4-2. We get omne back, but can't avoid our 3rd home defeat of the season. Odivelas win icon_frown.gif

Away at 6th C. Lobos. Still don't know what hit us there, as we get down 3-1 and 5-2. A consolation goal by the FRC, final score of 5-3. Defence and keepers don't know what hit them either icon_mad.gif. Odivelas now at 3 points icon_frown.gif

Away again, this time against Sesimbra who are dead last and looking hopeless. It's now or never for us. First half looks like it's "never", but the FRC gets the equalizer and give us hope. They hit the bar from a corner ( icon_mad.gif ), but the FRC gets his second on the break \o/. We manage to hold out, but Odivelas are still trailing 3 points behind us.

Jordi came a-visiting, managing Juventude de Evora. Things look grim when he goes up 1-0. I go all out attack in the second half, nad it pays off. Super SC gets a 10 coming as a sub and scoring the winner with 7 minutes to go. He also hits the bar a bit later, but it doesn't matter. 2-1 win, Odivelas draw and trail by 5. 3 games to go.

At home playing Barreirense. It looks easy as we go 3-0 up with hal an hour to go, but they get 2 goals back in one minute. Super FRC gets his hat-trick and wraps it up for us at 4-2. Literally, as Jordi's superkeeper holds out for a draw against Odivelas. 7 points clear with 2 games to go means we win promotion \o/.

Anxiety off us rom now on, and it shows as we cruise to a comortable 2-1 away win against Sintrense. Super SC gets both goals for us as he gets to meet his old teammates. An FRC i had sold at Julian at the time reduces our lead. But that's that, we win, Odivelas lose as we expand our lead to an unrealistc 10-point margin icon_redface.gif

Final match of the season against Amora. Easy 4-1 win, super SC gets two to reach the grand total of 22 goals in the league. Super FRC finishes top scorer with 33 icon14.gif

Key players were of course the 2 strikers who scored 55 goals together. We scored a grand total of 94 goals (i think), but conceded about 50 in 38 matches. A DMC also scored 4 or 5 crucial goals in those final games. I need to find better defenders, and am trying to secure the services of a goalie from seamus' Louletano who looks quite good. ALready signed a much needed AM/FR and loaned back the one i was using during this season. A good M/SC will join us in August.

Financially, we're just over 2 million pounds in the red and i can only hope we get to sell enough season tickets for the next season, just so that we can breathe.

JCB - I was just testing your observational skills and I'm pleased to say you passed the test. Well done, have some of Foolmoon's marshmallows. icon_biggrin.gif

Foolmoon was obviously very lucky to win the D2B South, as I'd jumped ship while hot on his tail. Or in other words, he owes me a favour. icon_wink.gif

JCB - I was just testing your observational skills and I'm pleased to say you passed the test. Well done, have some of Foolmoon's marshmallows. icon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No! I'm not giving him any!! icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

Foolmoon was obviously very lucky to win the D2B South, as I'd jumped ship while hot on his tail. Or in other words, he owes me a favour. icon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So, i got an MC and a striker to off-load. You can get both for only 12k. Special price for Mooski icon_smile.gif

so I may have to spend wisely. On defenders. Again. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We know you won't be poaching from Odivelas then icon_wink.gif

Louletano

[bragging] UEFA CUP BOUND!!!! icon_biggrin.gif [/bragging]

Don't remember much from this session as we only had four matches to 8 for the others. We beat Boavista 5 - 4 in a match that we were winning 3 - 0, only for them to pull level in the second half at 4 - 4. We we're lucky to win, but it did confirm Boavista's relegation. icon_smile.gif

We later beat Benfica to set up an interesting final day. Going into it, Benfica were top on 61, Porto 60, Sporting 51, Louletano 50. I never saw what happened though icon_redface.gif. We stayed 4th, which, in case I haven't mentioned, guranteed us a place in the UEFA CUP.

I've been given 1.2 million to spend to prepare for the UEFA Cup. I've already brought in a few players from Spain (AM and SC) who will arrive at the end of their contracts in August. Also signed a Boavista striker (on loan from Nantes) who gave me the run around a few times in the season.

Am desperately trying to sign a young defender (not that one Giziar, but i've put in a bid for him as well). My scouts rate him highly, but they're not budging. I put in a 100k offer before I left on Sunday...we'll see. A few other offers are on the table. Looking to add depth to the squad for a cup run. icon_eek.gif

My other weakness is AML. No one seems to perform well when I play them in that spot. I have D / ML who can play their, but I need him at the back for the moment.

No silverware this season, but entry to Europe will suffice. icon_smile.gif

Archived