LLM Iberian Clan Online Game (or the: 'I'm late! I'm so very, very late!' thread)

Famalicão

I survived a whole season at a club without getting relegated and/or sacked \o/ \o/ \o/

Looking at the first game, against Braga B things weren't looking good. Got humped 1-4, GK having an off-day. Squad collecting 5 yellow cards resulting in a suspension here and there.

Oh. That humping was away icon_mad.gif of course.

Next at home against midtable Vizela. Slightly boring game with a slightly boring result. 0-0.

Again a home game, this time against #4 Salgueiros. First half nothing happens. Second half they score and things are looking a bit grimm on the league table. Then favorite SC proves his worth to make the 1-1, to make things complete my young U-19 MC makes the 2-1. Own Goalkeeper gets MoM icon_biggrin.gif

Visiting the almost relegated Joane. The final outcome of 3-1 doesnt show the difficulties we had. Team wasnt playing with much effort and we had to go 0-1 down before the team improved a bit. Loanie AM/RL gets all 3 goals. I'm glad he will be an own player the next season icon_smile.gif

Upto 11th in the table now.

Sidenote: Joane got relegated with this result icon_biggrin.gif

Midtable Sanjoanense at home. Cruising very comfortable to a 2-0 victory without ever being in much danger. Both goals by loanie SC. 3-0 was ruled out for offside.

8th in the table

Another away game against a relegation candidate; this time Lourosa. Another victory icon_eek.gif, 2-0 this time again. One goal by my fav SC, one by the loanie SC.

New record high in the table: 7th

The last game of a stunning 5 game winning streak is at home against Ermesinde. Only one goal but it's still 3 points for us. Had to field my U-19 SC since all the loanies went home, eventhough I had loaned them till the end of the season icon_redface.gif

Still 7th in the league.

Final game of the season and the session against the already promoted champion of 2B-North

Esposende; it stays very long 0-0 but finally the expected happens (it's an away game you'll see) so we loose, but only with 0-1.

Final Standing 9th in the league and both board and supporters satisfied. icon_cool.gif

More or less minor news items:

- Got 2 lads promoted from the academy, one 14yr old MC and one 17yr old GK. Still have to see how good they are

- Have signed an amazing (aged) Romanian DMC as player/assman from Sporting Gijon. Now I need to get rid of my aging Ukrainian DMC (He was already there when I joined the club) as I'm only allowed to have 2 foreigners in the team icon_rolleyes.gif. Other foreigner my Chilean MC (found perfectly acceptable to SYB in Spain icon_wink.gif) and I want to keep him.

- England lost the semi-finals of the WorldCup against Italy on penalties icon_biggrin.gif, Italy winning the Cup after a win against Denmark.

- Cyber Adam managed to get Vila Real relegated. Board isnt pleased though as Cyber Adam gets the sack

- Jordi lands in 2B-North as well. After getting the sack for relegating, the entire season in trouble team - Juventude de Evora he gets the job at Felgueiras as soon as he logs off. The team Julian desterd at the first very option .. icon_razz.gif

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seamus and I were chatting and we decided to draw the inaugural LLaMa Preseason Cup (since seamus took the shield home with him last time):

Quarter Finals:

seamus vs bye (or Adax should he show up and get a new job in time)

jcb vs kfoolmoon

Mooski vs Giziar

TADW vs UELLfan

Semi Finals:

1. jcb/kfoolmoon vs seamus

2. TADW/UELLfan vs Mooski/Giziar

The winner of semifinal 2 has home advantage for the final.

Dates to be decided at the start of Wednesday's session.

Predictions for the 4th Llama Shield then:

QF

Louletano - ?

Maia - Olhanense

Penafiel - Famalicão

Atletico - Felgueiras

SF

Olhanense - Louletano

Atletico - Penafiel (tough call, but go for the home team)

Final

Atletico - Louletano

Another tough call. Going for home advantage and the fact that the rules of the Llama Shield are stating that it is forbidden to win it four times in a row

icon_biggrin.gif

Giziar - it's a new competition since seamus ran off with the Jules Rimet LLaMa Shield.

Kostis: icon_mad.gif But I'm sure Olhananse will run away with the second league. icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

Given that I have never ever won a single match in the preseason tournament, I think my chances of winning three to take home the silverware are slim to none.

atleticologo.jpg

After a season where I didn't manage many games due to such exciting extracullicular activities as watching Euro2004, my assistant and I manage to walk through to the Superleague \o/

It was an extremely close affair in the end and I had to win the last game away to Maia to secure promotion. In the end I lost 1-4 but thanks to Mooski's Penafiel who lost their game as well we still get promoted, phew.

It all comes quite surprising and my team is nowhere near strong enough for the Superleague, so I'll have a lot of shopping to do for next season if I want to have any chance of staying up.

Signed a 16 year old striker in the off-season for a club record transfer fee of 50k, but I'm quite sure about the abilities of this kid who has had an exceptional goal scoring record in the 3rd division and brings everything to the table that a quality striker should have. I still need more players for defense and midfield and have sent the scouts on a mission.

Our status is still semi-professional, which may make it difficult to sign quality players, but time will tell. Can't really hope for more than a bunch of inexperienced but talented youngsters and maybe a burned out oldie looking for a new challenge.

Louletano

2006-07

Superleague

I spent some money in the offseason...and by a little, I mean a ****load...500k. icon_smile.gif And that's only the ones that have gone through. I owe 35k to Remco and I've another couple hundred k out on offers.

This is the slowest session ever.

Friendly:

Louletano 1 - 1 Louletano U-19s icon_eek.gif Nothing more need be said.

Drew Anorthosis Famagusta in the UEFA Cup. I'm a bit weary of them. And it makes for a tough opening to the season. I'll open my superleauge campaign three day later away to Dale's Atletico.

LLaMa Cup semi-Final v Kostis (Olhanese)

2 - 1 Win. Kostis looked good early and came out with a 1 - 0 HT lead, but that changed and we owned the second half. Should've scored a few more. But Kostis has a good side.

Had to leave the final to my AssMan.

Penafiel

26-7-06 (H) Familicao Llama Cup Rd 1

A deserved 1-0 defeat in this friendly, but cups are for girlsâ„¢ and all that. I only use them for match fitness and all other suitable phrases.

28-7-06 (H) Porto Friendly

A 2-1 loss here, but it brought in a few quid, so it’s all godd.

9-8-06 (A) Maia

A good game I thought. It ended 2-2 after a late equaliser from the home team. Another fitness game for my lot, using a couple of trialists, that did well.

----------

So not a great session for me, but I always treat friendlies as fitness sessions.

[/AgeOldExcuse]

Olhanense

Tiresome and boring session overall. Was desperately trying to off-load some players, but didn't manage to con anyone icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif. Not even AI teams.

LlaMa shield: First round against Julian's Maia at their place. I was kind of worried for this one, what with Maia being an unknown quantity, but the game proved me wrong. A 4-0 win, FRC getting 2 and a straight 10. Excellent performance, we're through to the semi.

We hosted Louletano. Seamus has certainly improved his squad since our last meeting, and didn't face any real trouble against my pathetic defence. We took the lead in the 1st minute and had a couple of other chances, but we were owned in the second half. 2-1 loss.

Friendly at home vs. Giziar's Famalicao. Remco has a good squad, but most of all a good keeper icon_mad.gif. We took a 3-0 lead and missed a penalty, but Remco reacted well and got 2 back. We then missed an unbelievable load of chances to wrap it off, and were lucky not to concede another one late in the game. Wasn't really impressed with our level of finishing in this one. Remco could push for promotion, i believe.

The Peruvian M/SC transfer went through, but he wasn't up to much in the 2 last games. I hope he can gel quickly with the rest of the squad. Only signed a DR to boost our defence a bit, but we need vast improvenents there.

Financially, it seems the 2nd division doesn't appeal much to our followers as the season tickets sales were much lower than expected. I hope home games will attract bigger crowds, we're still on the edge of bankruptsy.

MaiaNews

Preseason. Slow. Must. Holiday.

Although I nearly have kittens when I see that our board expects nothing less than the D2BN title this year icon_eek.gif

Just two games for me:

LLaMa Cup

26.7.06 Olhanense Kostis (H)

Let's just say my record of never having won in our preseason tournament is untarnished and leave it at that. icon_frown.gif Take your bloody voodoo doll to someone else's stadium Kostis icon_mad.gif

09.8.06 Penafiel Mooski (H) Friendly

2-2 is fair to both teams. Not bad for me given I'm a division below. And to use Mooski's excuse I think we were 1 up until I made wholesale changes icon_wink.gif

In between those, my AssMan ignores my instructions and plays two transfer listed players during a 3-3 friendly draw with a team I don't remember. Useless staff icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jcb23:

_Maia_News

Although I nearly have kittens when I see that our board expects nothing less than the D2BN title this year icon_eek.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You wanted this job. icon_wink.gif

Final update? Anyone? Dale the new cup holder?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by seamus:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jcb23:

_Maia_ News

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You wanted this job. icon_wink.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Still want the job, although I would have liked it when I actually applied and still had a chance to stay up icon_smile.gif

I was expecting "Challenge for Promotion" not "Win it or Else" icon_biggrin.gif

Stop being poofish and get in and win the league. Sheesh.

Sad to see we couldn't even score a goal. Be interesting to see how the AssMan handled it. I blame the name change from Shield to Cup...we just couldn't get interested. Shield's don't suck ass, Cups do. icon_smile.gif

That sets up an interesting opening clash. We've got Dale in our first match on Sunday, well, after our UEFA Cup foray.

I need more players, clearly. icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by seamus:

I need more players, clearly. icon_smile.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ouch. And that after signing enough players to fill a whole league with Louletano players.

icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Giziar:

Predictions for the 4th Llama Shield then:

Final

Atletico - Louletano

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not a bad prediction he? icon_biggrin.gif

Famalicão

Slow session. Long session. Few games. Bring on the real season.

Won the first round of the Llama Shield(*) against Mooski's Penafiel 1-0. Away even icon_eek.gif. Mooski did make it a bit easy by collecting a red card here and there icon_smile.gif

Second round against Dale's Atléico. A quick 1-0 down, goal scored by my own goalkeeper icon_eek.gif. Ht 2-0 down. Replaced a few players here and there and managed to get back to 2-2, both my new SC's got a goal. Nice transfers then.

GK saves penalty in 90th minute \o/

Lost the game on the penalty shoot out, missing the last 2. New Romanian DMC/Assman blazes the ball out of the stadium. Ah well.

Midweek friendly handled by assman against some team from somewhere. Lost by the assman.

Final game of the evening a friendly against Kostis' new promoted Olhanense. First half was a disaster; was looking quickly to a 0-3 scoreline. Second half improved a lot, After my GK saved a penalty (again) we managed to grab 2 goals back. Not a bad result at all.

Board expecting a respectable league position; I'll do my best.

(*) Am I finally used to the term Llama Shield after 3 seasons are they changing it to the Llama Cup. Hmm, Guess I'll boycot that term and keep on using Llama Shield. In 3 years everybody will be talking about the shield anyways. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kfoolmoon:

I'll probably be a couple of hours late on Sunday. Hope i can make it at around 9pm. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll be there after all. It's possible though that i'll have to go on holidays every now and then.

Louletano

Rocky shores ahead.

A rough opening to our second superleague campaing. We lose 0 - 2 to Dale's Atletico away. Then rather unjustly 3 - 5 to Maritimo Away. Then another loss, this time at home to Chaves. An own goal and a sending off didn't help! icon_mad.gif

We finally found our game halfway through the match against Rio Ave which we won at home 3 - 1. Followed by a 2 - 1 away win at Vit. Guimaraes who were top of the table. Another sending off and we were lucky to hold on.

We're 9th. 5 points off leaders Maritimo and 2 points back of 6th place Dale. And we start our UEFA Cup campaing against FK Leotar Trebinje of Bosnia & Herzegovinia on Wednesday.

Penafiel

A rubbish session if truth be told, I didn't enjoy it at all.

27-8-06 (A) U Lamas

We were never in it. A huge 5-1 defeat and it could have been more.

3-9-06 (H) Estoril

We were better than the 2-0 defeat suggests. But in the end they were more clinical, so our 4th favourite for the championship tag is looking a bit stupid now.

17-9-06 (A) Boavista

A 3-3 draw, but we were 2-0 at one point only to find ourselves 3-2 down with five minutes to go. This was after changing to a defensive style too. We got it back for the deserved draw though. Thankfully.

Olhanense, Second League.

Rough start for us as well, but i'm hopeful overall.

Away at Gondomar, who had finished 6th in the second league last season. Best rating for my defenders was a 5 icon_frown.gif. We go down 5-1 before we even know what hit us. AI has the insolence to tell me that Olhanense are buiding up the pressure with the scoreline at 4-1. Some subs and tweaking do the trick in the second half. We reduce their lead to 5-3, and we only lose 6-5 at the end. I need a fooking defense icon_mad.gif. The m/sc finally looks like gelling with the team.

At home with Gil Vicente (9th last season). We go 1-0 up, but can't hold on more than 5 minutes. They take the lead with 15 minutes to go, but we're lucky to equalize and grab a point. Still, could have won all 3 points. 11th place for us.

Away to U. de Madeira. This lot had finished 4th last season. The m/sc gives us the lead, but only for 2 minutes this time. We equalize at 2-2, then miss a penalty. They miss theirs too, and then the M/SC and super FRC take control in the second half, as we cruise to a 5-2 victory. 9th place. icon14.gif, but big defensive problems.

Signed a d/dml for 1k, who scored on his debut but got injured in the 2nd game. Super SC is out for 5 months, as it seemed he couldn't surpass his injury without a surgery.

Only 5k watch our home game. If this goes on, there's no hope we can avoid bankruptsy.

News from Maia A thoroughly depressing session, but not so much for the matches.

AssMan continues his appalling lack of following instructions and plays transfer listed players in the remaining friendlies. icon_mad.gif My frustration is increased by ISP problems that drop my connection periodically. Predictably the ISP are unapologetic about the issue and unable to tell me when they might be bothered to fix it. icon_frown.gif

My only SC is inconsistency personified. I'm worried about my ability to get the goals I need to challenge. I sell a MLC to raise transfer funds. The 30% of the sale price that should be added to my transfer funds ever arrives there. I guess I'm stuck with what I have then.

Fafe (H)

My connection drops just as the match is setting up icon_frown.gif Assman gets a 1-1 draw, but leaves an injured player on the pitch because he isn't officially in charge icon_frown.gif , which although I haven't checked is sure to have affected the outcome - my star midfield dynamo is the player in question.

So after 3 hours with no matches and numerous connection problems, I decide to give up for the day. ISPs suck arse. icon_frown.gif

I manage to check in as the session is ending. Assman has lost at home to Vizela (1-2) and won away at Aves (1-0) and Taipas (4-2). I don't have time to find out any more before my internet connection fails again and then the session ends. icon_frown.gif What I do know however, is that that kind of home form might get me the sack from a board who want nothing less than the title. At least we weren't crap away though icon_smile.gif

Apologies to everyone for any conversations left hanging due to my connection being dropped.

Famalicão

Ass.man was in charge of first friendly of the evening against one of my former clubs Santo Antonio, he even managed to win.

Last friendly against Jordi's Felgueiras. We got one chance, a penalty but lost 1-2.Not much excuses there eventhough I played my not so fit not so first 11 the first half, Jordi did the same in the second half. Minor excuse: it was away.

First real game against the newly promoted Leca. Total domination altough the scoreline was only 2-0. Both goals scored by one of my new SC's.

Fafe, home. One of the best of the league last season. We got totally destroyed. 1-4.

bah.

Trofense away. I looked at the past meetings and Famalicão never had won before from Trofense. But we take the lead to 1-0. Disaster hits in the 92nd minute as they equalise. icon_frown.gif

We were getting a superchance in the 94th minute, but player decides he shoot himselfs instead of giving the ball to his fellow player who was standing free in front of the goal. icon_mad.gif

Last game of the session was also away against Taipas. We take the lead twice but they equalise also twice. The last time in the 93rd minute icon_eek.gif.

Why can't refs just finish the game after 90 minutes? icon_frown.gif

positive so far: we havent lost away (we didnt win either but that is to be expected)

negative so far: after the pre-season friendlies and the newly acquired strikers I had hoped to get better results here and there

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mooski:

A rubbish session if truth be told, I didn't enjoy it at all.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed. I just couldn't get interested. Thankfully the guitar was in tune...now if I can just figure out how to play it. icon_wink.gif.

I think we have to impose a limit on the off-season by all taking a long holiday. I think the slowness due to preseason is one of the reasons yesterday was hard going. We could play a week after the end of the season to line up early transfers but then all go on holiday until LLaMa shield time, which should be played over one week: Sun-Wed-Sun. I know it's more inconvenient for transfers, but the window is open till the end of August and it would be the same for everyone. If it fell near the end of a session, Mooski could possibly even run the holiday period off offline so we don't have to sit through it.

Any thoughts?

The last few sessions were indeed unbearable. I think that just going on holiday isn't very good for any of us, we need time to assess players - i do, anyway icon_smile.gif. So, maybe going on holiday for a week or two then logging back on for a couple of days would suit us better.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

What jcb said. It's unbearable.

Holiday through until much closer to the season. There is plenty of time to sign and assess players. That's what the LLaMa Cup is for and other friendlied you arrange. You all have a few weeks in between as the Superleague starts earlier as well.

I'm slightly leaning to Kostis's opinion, but also agreeing that the summer is lasting a bit too long.

How about a long holiday with exactly in the middle a few days unholiday to take care of the running things?

It's a bit a pain in the ass when you're trying to sign a player on a Bosman only to discover a month later he signed for some other team.

Yeah, but it still means we wait ages for them to tinker. As you know, I have no problem being on holiday...I spend much time on holiday. It's just unbearable when it takes over 2 hours to get to the first game. I nearly left the game on Sunday (and that was before I started losing icon_wink.gif).

I understand the desire to want to sign players, look for loans etc, but it has to be sorted and maybe not by game days, but say at some point either beg, mid or end or pre-season (and depending on the session) we allocate 20 - 30 minutes or so to conduct searches or what not. Three days of game time can take (as we saw on sunday) almost an hour. We can have various intervals where continue is pressed to process some of our moves...i don't know, but it has to come to a point where we've just got to get on with it and holiday to the start of the season. Afterall, there is the week or so when we're doing the LLaMa Cup that can be used to sort out some of this. That's plenty of game time imo.

The Llama Cup has to be scheduled where it doesn't clash with anyone's start of season, which is fair enough, but for those of us (Seamus, this doesn't apply to you) that get knock out before the final, we need to have other friendlies too and having the Cup over sun-wed-sun, we may struggle to get decent teams in for friendlies at such short notice. However, I will suffer this for the sake of you lot. icon_biggrin.gif

We need to get the holidays sorted definately. I don't trust my AssMan enough to let him sign players while I'm on holiday, so I would prefer to do it myself. Holidaying for the entire summer apart from two or three transfer days again seems severe, but (again) for the sake of the sanity of my fellow players, I'll go with the flow for this.

Can I suggest a couple of other things though and feel free to rip these apart. At the end of the season, can we have some time, say 15-20 minutes of real time to identify gaps in the squad and target potential signings. Then we could holiday to the 2-3 day gap, holiday again to the Llama Cup, whilst holidaying in between games, then holiday again to just before the start of your season. Then I would think another 15 minutes real time to assess your squad again and identify further gaps, with the assumption we all have some Youth-types coming through which we will need to look at. This way, we can still make a couple of signings as the transfer deadline is a week into the start of the season, IIRC.

Thoughts?

OK. To serve sort of as an agenda:

We seem to be agreed that some sort of transfer/contract time is needed, but that we would like to restrict it so that the off-season doesn't use a session and a half to get through. What we need to do therefore is nail down some parameters.

1. End of season. I think this is easiest to deal with. Usually the transfer window doesn't open until a couple of weeks after the season ends, so the game still moves quite quickly. I think we could probably allow a week of game time after the last match and not waste too much time, although a real-time limit might be an option.

2. Holiday until mid-summer? The game is slow by this point and a window may be difficult to deal with. A potential issue is how to time it - game time or real-time.

Alternatively we have a series of shorter holidays with a much shorter "continue" break between them to allow transactions to occur (if I understand Devon correctly).

One thing that occurs to me is the "limit player time per week" option. Does anyone know how that works and if it might be useful here?

3. The LLaMa shield. I think we need to compress this. I understand Mooski's point about friendlies for those eliminated early (i.e. me icon_smile.gif). I have in the past set up friendlies in advance. It's easier to cancel them if you progress in the LLaMa shield than set up last minute ones. That way everyone plays their friendlies at the same time, too.

4. Holiday after the LLaMa shield? If we time it right, I have no problem with playing out the time between the shield and the season, but this is an option.

I should be around at about my normal time tonight, barring emergencies.

I believe allowing real time intervals to sort out transfers is the answer to everything.

Answering Julian's points:

1. We don't usually have much to sort out after the last match of the season. Yes, the game still runs normally, but we can speed it up by going on holidays and save some time. We should unholiday on the 1st of July though and maybe allow 15 minutes to setup scouting and loans for the next season.

2. We should definitely allow another 15 minutes or more in mid-summer.

3.We should cancel the LLaMa shield altogether, make a draw between Dale and Devon, announce the winner and feckin' get on with it icon_mad.gificon_biggrin.gif.

Seriously, compressing it is a good solution.

4.We should holiday after the llaMa shield, i believe. Seamus' and Dale's season starts earlier than ours, we can sort out more transfers, while they're playing their matches - and maybe allow another 10 minutes if necessary.

OK. We have 5 votes from an MSN meeting that the following plan is a reasonable starting point:

Holiday to begin following the last game of the season.

First week of July to be unholidayed for 15 minutes real-time transfer activity.

Holiday to recommence until LLaMa shield.

LLaMa shield to be played Sun-Wed-Sun and finish no more than 7 days before first human league game.

Details can be finalized in IRC over the next session or two .

I forgot to add that all other friendlies involving me (and anyone else who is eliminated from the LLaMa shield) to be played on the same days as the shield - so 3 friendlies each max, including shield games.

- so 3 friendlies each max, including shield games. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

One slight exception: I reckon no-one objects if you have another friendly in your holiday time and let the assman handle it?

Penafiel

I'm not enjoying this anymore and not because of the results. But hey ho, let's see how the rest of the season goes.

24-9-06 (H) P Ferreira

A 3-1 defeat and we were fortunate to get our goal. Truly awful.

1-10-06 (A) Alverca

This is getting worse, this time 5-1 defeat and we’re not setting the world alight.

8-10-06 (A) S C Estrela (Cup 3rd Rd)

After a 1-1 draw during normal and then extra time, we won 5-3 on penalties, to stay in the competition. Joy.

11-10-06 (H) Espinho

What? Really? A win? Nah, you’re kidding me. Hang on, so if my team scores two goals and the other team doesn’t score any, what does that mean?

22-10-06 (A) Esposende

We end the session back on the defeats, this time by 2-1 to Esposende who are up there and challenging. We, however, are not. We are in 14th and struggling.

Olhanense

Only 4 games in 4 hours for me. Second league sucks arse. What with us being in every level in Portugal, TV matches are affecting us gravely as we have to sit through at least one game before we can get to ours.

U. Lamas (H): icon_mad.gif. This emoticon describes the game perfectly. We go 1-0 down early in the first half from a corner (what else). We only manage to equalize after 60 minutes, but we score a second one right away. Both by the M/SC. I pull my players back, we miss loads of chances on the break and finally concede on the 89th minute. **** OFF!!!! We miss 2 more sitters in stoppage time, their keeper gets MoM. Final score at 2-2.

Estoril (A): This guys are good, they've won 4 on the trot. well, they win their 5th on the trot. Again, we miss a few good chances, but just can't score. 2-0 loss.

Boavista (H): Our opponents don't need introduction. We achieve a great 3-0 victory, as i change my tactic to something new. We look good like that at home. Let's see what we can do away.

P. Ferreira (A): Nothing. Opponents score by a long range effort, for which i blame my keeper, as he had every chance to dive and save it. DR gets a 4 which is no surprise considering his current form (5-5-5-6 icon_rolleyes.gif ). Things get worse as my DMC gets expelled with an hour still to play. Nothing much happens after that. Sub DMC sends the ball to orbit in every chance he gets. We lose 1-0.

Sitting 8th after 7 games with a form of 2-2-3. Could be worse. I predict mid-table mediocrity at best.

Julian looks quite strong in his division. Seamus' Louletano easily surpass their first European hurdle with a 4-1 agg win. Dale has silently climbed quite high in the Superleague table, whilst Mooski seems to be in trouble in the 2nd league.

Maia

AssMan picked up two league wins and a cup loss, but was in process of getting hammered 4-1 at D. Sandinensese when I rejoined the game. He has brought us up to the top end of the table, though. With the last result we drop from 4th to 8th, but are only 3 points behind our opponents, who are the new leaders. Our starting DC is out for 5 months after picking up a back injury in the 90th minute of that game, though. icon_frown.gif

08.10.06 Salguieros (H)

8th vs. 3rd. Despite being short a couple of injured first-teamers and entertaining the watching Kostis and his voodoo doll, we hand out a stuffing to our visitors, 4-1 the final score. My two U-19 forwards combine very nicely for the fourth goal. Now we jump to second, but some of the teams we leapfrogged didn't play.

11.10.06 Vianense (H)

Playing without a recognised striker (I only have two and they're both injured icon_frown.gif) leaves us short of firepower up front. Fortunately my DC pops up to score the winner. 1-0. We take over top spot. \o/

We hold on to first place when the other teams play their game in hand \o/

22.10.06 Feirense (A)

We get off to a flyer. Our forwards prise open the defence with a slick passing move and we lead 1-0. A trialist DC who my coaches don't rate makes an assured enough debut for me to enquire as to his availability. We fail to add to the early goal, but come away with a priceless away win to keep us top.

Not a bad session then icon_biggrin.gif

Seamus' results as requested:

L 0-2 - Vit Setubal (H) - League Pos 10th

W 2-0 Leotar (H) UEFA Cup R1L2- through 4-1 on aggregate

D 1-1 Braga (A) - League Pos 11th

Archived