LLM Iberian Clan Online Game (or the: 'I'm late! I'm so very, very late!' thread)

Thanks for posting the results. I guess I didn't miss too much. I managed that 0 - 2 loss to setubal. Nice to see we progress in Europe. \o/

League positing of 11th isn't that inspiring, however. We'll not get back into Europe that way.

I have a feeling I need some new defenders. My best DR is a 15 yr old, my DCs are getting run around. My strikers don't seem to be scoring either. But they should and they've until January to prove me wrong else, other clan members can be party to a fire sale.

A new AML is next highest priority. Apparently, Mooski has one. icon_smile.gif. I may try to work out a deal. He says 1.8 million, but I think I can negotiate a fair value. icon_smile.gif

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just so that it's official and there's no "Where are you all going?" messages, I'll only be able to play 7-11 BST tonight. I have to leave for work at 6:30 tomorrow and I will need some beauty sleep.

Lots of it, in fact

Maia

29.10.06 Felguieras Jordi (H)

I am entertaining both a human manager and a former club. I guess a heavy defeat is on the cards, so it's a treat to lead 1-0 at the half. A superb free kick extends my lead, and we hold on despite Jordi's boys hitting the bar. The 2-0 win keeps us top. \o/

05.11.06 Tirsense (A)

One of those games to test your credentials. You have to beat relegation candidates wherever you play them. They're 17th going in, but it takes us until the 78th minute to score, and in bizarre fashion at that. A dreadful backpass from the halfway line finds my SC first, who nips in past the GK to tuck it away. Despite outshooting our hosts, 17-2 we make do with the 1-0 win. 3 points is 3 points though icon_smile.gif 2nd and 3rd are still only 1 point back, but the three of us are starting to pull away.

12.11.06 Freamunde (H)

Our best DC is out suspended (we just signed him permanently from Louletano, too) for yellow cards. Trialist DC fills in and again impresses. We also lose our star FLC early on to an injury. We end up with a 0-0 draw against the third bottom team. We outshot them 16-0, but our missing forward was crucial - only 6 of those shots were on target. Leca overtake us at the top. We fail this examination icon_frown.gif

We plundered the newly in receivership Fafe for a SC wonderkid. January 1st, when he will join, can't come quickly enough. Lack of goals is the one thing that could cost us this year.

I learn that p/x deals are bugged. The AI will not accept them and makes stupid demands. I bid a p/x deal for trialist DC, but the come back wanting 300k for a 3k player. I then bid 0k, no p/x and they accept. icon_rolleyes.gif He's joining in January icon_smile.gif

19.11.06 Famalicao Giziar (A)

Predictably this game against a fellow human goes wrong. A dodgy penalty and a fortunate deflection give Remco the deciding goals in an open game we lose 4-2. I'm not best pleased, as we don't deserve to win. Once again we miss good chances. We slip to 3rd place, which leaves my board upset. Trialist DC I am signing in January has a stinker, but he's young yet and none of the lads played well. The watching Kostis asks where my fullbacks were. I wish I knew. They're both star players and have been in good form. It must be something to do with that bloody voodoo doll of his icon_mad.gif

I run foul of the yellow card suspension bug again as my DC is missing his third game of a two game suspension next match icon_mad.gif

03.12.06 Marcos (H)

Gutted. Our defence shows up again this week and it's our 4th clean sheet in the 5 games this session. We just can't score though. 12 shots on goal yield only 3 on target, one a dubiously disallowed goal by trialist DC. We end the session in 3rd, three points behind leaders Leca.

I expect to miss more of Wednesday's session than usual, so I hope my AssMan can get us some results.

Penafiel

29-10-06 (H) Moreirense

A hard fought 4-3 win, in which I panicked towards the end as we were 4-1 up with 10 mins to go. I hope this continues and we get clear of trouble.

5-11-0 (H) Sp Covilha

A comfortable 3-1 win with our defence looking solid for a change.

12-11-06 (A) Beira-Mar

Excellent! 2-1 win against one of the favoured teams in the league and we’re on a bit of a roll. It puts us up to 9th, 2 points behind Kostis.

19-11-06 (H) U Coimbra (Cup 4th Rd)

A fortunate 1-0 win here, we were not looking very good up front and even after a red card for them in the second half, we couldn’t press our advantage home. Luckily in the final minute of the 90, we got a goal from a corner.

22-11-06 (H) Ovarense

I was 2-1 down at home after 78 mins, but got three late ones to win 4-2. The opposition looked dangerous throughout, but we held on and a couple of nice subs made the difference.

3-12-06 (A) Olhanense

Bah! I was 4-1 up, then had a man sent off for a very dubious looking professional foul. The penalty was converted and Kostis’ team fight back to 4-4. icon_mad.gif

-------------

So Kostis spoiled an otherwise perfect night for me. icon_wink.gif

Olhanense

Well, one thing's for sure, we certainly can entertain our spectators. We score like lunatics and concede an almost equal amount.

Alverca (H): An impressive performance by the M/SC, who gets a hat-trick, as we cruise to win 4-1 at home. Opponents get a lot of chances, but can't score. Only our second win at home.

Espinho (A): They're close to the bottom of the league before our game. Afterwards, they're dead last icon_smile.gif. They get a man expelled after 16 minutes, we take full advantage to win 4-0. Our first clean sheet of the season icon_redface.gif. And, what's more, first ever dismissal for the opposition in 3 seasons, if i'm not mistaken.

Esposende (H): They're 5th, just a couple of points ahead of us, so it's the ultimate test, which we admirably fail. We go 2-0 up, then 3-1 and 4-2. They get a man expelled. So, what happens? A quick break and a goal from a corner brings the final 4-4. icon_mad.gif. We really should have won this one, but again my defence sleeps throughout the game.

Imortal (A) - Portuguese Cup 4th round: Well, we've certainly improved since last season. Imortal are a 3rd division South club, against which we had a very very bad record. we go up 3-0 after 10 minutes, they get 2 nearing the end of the first half. But we dominate the second half to smash them 6-2.

Moreirense (A): My key keeper is unfit for this one, and the sub one sucks arse once again. we go 3-0 down in half an hour, but manage to get one back. Then, my AMC gets expelled for arguing a referee decision icon_mad.gif. Some tweaking after this seems to work, as we close the gap to 4-3. It's their turn to get a dismissal, and ofcourse they score right away. We manage to score again, but that's it. 5-4 loss, we really mustn't lose points in games where we score 4 goals, ffs icon_mad.gif. This allows Mooski to climb over us in 7th, one point away.

Penafiel (H): It seems every game i play against Mooski's teams is a 6 pointer icon_biggrin.gif. I've only got one thing to say: no AI or human manager's team has ever owned me so badly. The game was predermined to be a goalfest, and Mooski had the better part of it, going 4-1 up by half time. A dismissal and a penalty for him gives me a way back, as we fight to draw 4-4. Final score is unfair on a really powerful team.

So, 12 games gone by, we're 8th and have to show a record of 4-4-4 :zzz:. 2-4-0 at home icon_rolleyes.gif, 2-0-4 away. Goal difference at 37-29, best attack, worse defence in the league. Gate receipts thus far have a been a pleasant breeze, as we have made a profit of 30k overall so far (early December).

Fafe is bankrupt, and the human vultures are all over their players icon_biggrin.gif. Yes, me too, securing the services of a much-needed DC for January, and a youth DC for July.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mooski:

So Kostis spoiled an otherwise perfect night for me. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What, he turned up? icon_biggrin.gif

Update:

I played some rcokabilly tunes...attempted some "blues" by playing 7th chords to mixed, and by mixed I mean unlistenable, results. Some of the chords are quite nice though. Shame I can't string them together. Then spent some time with some minor chords which was loverly.

Made two batches of herbed butter. One with roesmary, another with oregano and thyme. Also, prepared a bread crumb mix with cayenne pepper, oregano, thyme, black pepper.

The fact that I seem to play on a different date than the others means I have some spare time. icon_smile.gif

As for Louletano, we had a crappy opening with a 0 - 0 draw at home to bottom Varzim. We outshot them 11 - 1, but so it goes. Another draw, this time 2 - 2 away to someone. We scored in the 88th minute to lead 2 - 1, but of course... icon_mad.gif.

I was on holiday for a short spell and found my AssMan beat Poto 4 - 0 at home! Might be on holiday more often now. icon_wink.gif

Wedged in was a European time with W. Bremen. We played well, but ultimately lost 2 - 1 at home which set up the near impossible task of winning away. Went down early and climbed back but eventually went out 5 - 2 on aggregate. Everyone says it was closer than the score states, but it's little consolation. Still Bremen are a better side so no shame. We hoped to progress further than the second round, but such is the luck of the draw.

Atletico

We're doing surprisingly well in our first Superleague season, sitting comfortable in 4th place, far away from the relegation zone. We've collected 19 points after 12 games and if we can keep this up we'll easily finish mid-table. Results this session were mixed, with some nice results (2-1 win over Benfica) and some not quite so nice ones (0-4 loss at Porto), but overall I'm satisfied.

Our conservative transfer politics have worked out well for us. We signed mainly youngsters and a veteran DMC and most of the new guys found their way into the starting lineup. A lot of contracts are running out after this season and I'm planning to let go of many players.

Financially, our future is bright. We're making way more money than we spend and I hope the transfer budget and salary cap will be adjusted accordingly next season. If I can use the money we have we should be able to build a really strong team that could become a challenger in the Superleague in the future.

icon_mad.gif bragging; reported icon_wink.gif

You'll perhaps ask yourselves why do I update so scarcely

The answer is crystal clear: There's nothing much to update icon_mad.gif The team looks pleasantly good, but I'm crap online... (as much as I hate to admit it)

Why can't my boys play like when I'm offline is beyond my understanding...

Anyhoo, short session for me as I had more urgent matters IRL... 2 matches: a win and two losses...find them 13rd, leave them 13rd. Dunno what the assistant did for the rest of the session, but I'd bet he collected more points than I did icon_confused.gif

The decline and fall of Louletano

Academica away 0 - 2

Fafe (of Div 2B North) away in the cup 1 - 3

Atletico (Dale) at home 0 - 1.

Chaves away 3 - 1/ \o/ after some major changes to the side, including adding a Norwegian central defender and changing my midfield and back line around a bit.

Ended with a 1 - 1 draw with Maritimo. We shoulod've won. We scored in the 70th, they scored in the 72, but we dominated. The commentary was we gave them the "run around." icon_frown.gif

Alas, I think we're 10th or 11th.

For Julian:

0 - 0 Away to Lousada.

2 - 0 home win over Sanjoanense.

3 - 0 winn away to Infesta.

3rd place, 3 back of 1st.

Offer for that M/SC you were worried about is fine. It went through.

Penafiel

10-12-06 (H) Gondomar SC

Neat and tidy is all I can say about this performance. A 1-0 win and barely troubled.

13-12-06 (H) Alverca (Cup 5th Rd)

2-2 at full time after a late equaliser from the away side. We lost 4-2 on pens and… well… you know the rest.

17-12-06 (A) Gil Vicente

2-0 up and cruising then our influential right winger gets injured, we have to change shape and we get humped 4-2 in the end. Disastrous.

7-1-07 (H) U Lamas

A wonderful performance and we were worthy 3-0 winners. We had three disallowed for offside as well, one of which was dubious. We’re up to 5th and six points behind 4th place.

14-1-07 (A) Estoril

A fantastic 4-3 away win at 2nd place Estoril. That puts us back in with a shout.

The decline and fall of Olhanense

Visiting Beira-Mar for the league: we start badly, but react wonderfully well as we lead 4-1 soon after half time. Then all hell breaks loose. Or rather, my defence is up to its old tricks. It takes our opponents 20 minutes to equalize at 4-4. I get ****ed and go gung-ho, we score a 5th 3 minute from time. But nooooooooo, they score again. 3 players read their names in the press - all defenders. icon_mad.gif

Chaves (H) - Portuguese Cup 5th round: I didn't like the draw a bit. I decide to field an almost full strength squad, but it's no good. Our opponents are 3rd in the super league and their class shows, as they beat us 2-1. What's worse, the M/SC gets injured, thankfully only for 2 weeks.

Ovarense (H): This lot is a few points behind us, so we need to win - something we haven't done for 5 games now. super FRC gets 2 quick goals and we miss quite a lot of chances. Predictably, they score and make us very nervous towards the end. Somehow we hold out for a 2-1 final scoreline. About time. We rise up to 6th, which will be our peak moment of the season.

Gondomar (H): They're 4th in the league and seem to have a good defence. It's the first match that we don't score. We don't even create chances. Predictably, they score and win. 0-1, our first home defeat this season. Uh oh.

Gil Vicente (A): We've never looked so bad. Our defence sucks big time (i'm tired of saying it). We go 2-0 down early and never recover.

This puts us in 9th, only 5 points away from the relegation zone. Next match is away to 14th placed Sp. Corvilha, and it's more than critical for our future.

Due to City Festivities and Darth PartyDrunkard's afinity to those ludic activities being programmed for today on my backyard, I must announce that I won't be showing for the session today.

Normal service to be resumed later.

Thanks for your kind attention and comprehension. icon_wink.gif

(Ok, I was jealous of Seamus and also thought I wanted some holidays so I took three days off icon_razz.gif )

No worries you drunkard... i mean Jordi. icon_smile.gif

Looks like we won't be playing tonight, as only Julian, Mooski and myself showed up.

We should think about declaring a holiday period for the clan. Some of us are/have gone/will go on vacations, some others are on permanent vacations (*cough* Adam icon_biggrin.gif), Julian has matters of his own to attend etc etc. I'll probably be unavailable for the next 3 sessions and so on.

Thoughts?

Don't count on me to be at any Wednesday sessions for a while. icon_frown.gif

Sunday sessions may even be a bit tricky. It depends on how things are going with the missus and the new baby how much time I will get. I'm quite happy for the game to take a week or two off - I'll have a better idea of my schedule in a couple of weeks icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kfoolmoon:

some others are on permanent vacations (*cough* Adam icon_biggrin.gif) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I should be available to play again from now on, I guess. Have been able to get free (!)internet access while I'm waiting for my ISP to catch up.

It's only 512/128, but who cares, it's free.

icon_cool.gif

Who is going to be around on Sunday (Aug 8)? I have no idea as to my availability, and if we know beforehand there won't be a quorum I can earn some brownie points with the missus by not even logging in icon_smile.gif

We know that Remco, Devon and Kostis are unavailable. What about the rest?

No session today, as expected. Mooski and I showed up and had a little chat but no game. Please post if you know you're not going to make it.

NO SESSION WEDNESDAY - Mooski and I made an executive decision to pre-emptively postpone the session based on known unavailabilities. We will resume next Sunday (August 15th).

Perhaps more importantly, I feel from our chat that Mooski is having difficulty finding time to host two sessions a week. I would gladly host, but I am only available to do so on weekends . Pehaps someone else feels like hosting for a while to give Mooski a break? We could go to a once-a-week format and I could host, if folks think it is a good idea. We have a good clan going here, and I hope we can keep it running smoothly. Any thoughts?

Guess who's back from the land of Jordi and is now ready to play again? Yup, it's me icon_smile.gif

Will be back online in IRC on sunday the 15th

Looking at the messages above I see I probably didn't miss that much. Still curious about the stuff that happened in my real-life holiday period.

About hosting: I might be available for hosting, before making that final contact me for details and such.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by seamus:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kfoolmoon:

I'm back \0/.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_frown.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

23 hours later, and the best you could come up with is this? icon_rolleyes.gif

I'm back \0/.

Still stuck with a modem connection for a further 2 weeks, we could try again to beat my router when i return to Athens. Though i'm not very optimistic about it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's with your router?

The rise of Olhanense

We played tonight after something like 2 weeks. And it was a great session. Iberian Clan rules icon_cool.gif

It's amazing how working a bit over training can change a team's fate. A couple of new coaches, a physio and some defensive schedules allowed Olhanense to climb up the table and be in the promotion chase. I'm not sure if i want to get promoted so soon though, i still think we're not good enough for the Superleague.

Sp. Covilha (A): This lot is in the relegation zone, only 5 points behind us, so it's a crucial match for both teams. We go 2-0 up, they manage to equalize through a corner and a free kick. Typical. Thankfully, super (as he will be called from now on icon_smile.gif) M/SC scores the winner moments before the final whistle. 3-2 victory, deep breath.

U. Madeira (H): They too are in the relegation zone, we need to win to steer clear of the danger. First half is boring, but we score from a corner early in the second half, through a crappy DRC (who played blinders as a DR in this session). Their only key chance of the game comes in injury time. Luckily, they miss. 1-0 win, 8 points clear off relegation, only our 3rd clean sheet of the season.

U. Lamas (A): They're 10th, we 're 8th. A goal by the super M/SC on 73 mins gives us another 3 points, and holy Moly, another clean sheet. 2 in a row icon_redface.gif. Not to mention it's the first time we win more than one game in a row in the 2nd league.

Estoril (H): They're 3rd. A key game for us, in order to see what we 're really made of. M/SC gets 2, super SC who's returned from his long-term injury adds another one in a 3-0 victory. I'm speechless.

Boavista (A): Our illustrious opponents are in danger of relegation. It's the first away match i actually expect to win. And win it we did, after a dismissal eased things for us. 3-0, Super M/SC gets another 2 and is leading the top scorers table. Only 2 points off 3rd place but only 6th on the table, Mooski's Penafiel is 1 point ahead of us. It's tight up there, 7 teams can actually get promoted.

P. Ferreira (H): Hard game again, as they're 4th. We're under pressure from the start, but one counter-attack in each half gives us a lucky 2-0 win. They can only blame themselves, as only 2 of their 11 shots are on target. Now 5th in the table, still 1 point between us and Penafiel.

Alverca (A): Not an easy game again, they're a decent side. First half is uneventful. We go down 1-0 after 60 mins, we equalize 6 minutes later. 2-1 down, we equalize again after 6 minutes through the super SC (his second goal of the season). A third one is dubiously ruled out, as we draw 2-2. Good result for us.

We're currently 6th, tied with Mooski and P. Ferreira, 1 point off the 3rd promotion spot and just 3 off the leaders (Gondomar, IIRC). 8 games to go.

Penafiel - Olhanense coming up soon, a 6 pointer as usual against Mooski. We've vastly improved since our last meeting, it ought to be a cracker of a game.

The return to Maia

We start the session in third place, 3 points behind leaders Salgueiros. We are exactly halfway through the season, with 19 of our 38 games played.

21.1.07 Vizela (A)

2nd vs 3rd. We are 1-0 down at the break. We switch to an attacking formation for the last half-hour and see our equalizer ruled out for offside. Then we concede 4 goals in 10 minutes. icon_frown.gif When will I learn gung ho doesn't seem to work for me in Portugal? Vizela take over the top spot with this 5-0 win. /o\

28.1.07 Aves (H)

This starts out as a dreadfully dull game. It's the 37th minute before we get any action, which is fortunately for us an o.g. by their defender \o/ My new SC opens his account just before the break and makes things safe with a second in the later stages. A comfortable 3-0 win lifts us to 2nd spot, 3 points behind Vizela.

4.2.07 Fafe (A)

We lose to a last minute goal scored from an impossibly tight angle. 'Nuff said icon_frown.gif

11.2.07 Trofense Adax (H)

An early goal is all we have to show for our superiority in the first half. Shortly after we extend the lead in the second half, Adam's SC finally starts to take advantage of the opportunities my DC's have been gifting him. Two quick goals tie it up. I'm not best pleased. How the DC's got a 6 and a 7 between them I'll never know. If the SC had been shooting well he could have had 5.

It was no surprise to me to find Kostis' Voodoo doll was in attendance icon_mad.gif

18.2.07 Taipas (H)

Finally we look like a promotion candidate by dispatching relegation fodder with aplomb. A stunning 9-0 icon_eek.gif win was as one sided as it sounds. Both strikers and 3 midfielders get on the scoresheet. Ex-Fafe SC gets a hat-trick. e're 4th, 5 points off the leaders.

25.2.07 Leca (A)

We shade a dull first half. A nice strike by my young SC aquired from Fafe puts us ahead a little after the break, and we hold on without major alarms. Up to 3rd. The board are pleased with a derby win.

4.3.07 Vianense (A)

Despite missing an injury time penalty with the score tied 1-1, we somehow come away with the win when we scramble in the resultant corner \o/ It's an especially vital win, given that Vizela slipped up for the first time in ages. We close the gap to 2 points, with a home match with 2nd place D. Sandinenses next.

11.3.07 D. Sandinenses (H)

A crunch match, 2nd vs 3rd again. We are tied on points with them going in, but have a slightly worse GD. We start badly, and they score from a corner after 4 mins. I fear the worst, but we put them to the sword and score 5 unanswered goals by the break icon_eek.gif They get a dubious penalty with two minutes left, but cannot take the gloss off a fine 5-2 win that puts us second by three points. Unfortunately, Adam's Trofense couldn't hold off Vizela, so we are still two points off the top.

A satisfactory session. We're second, two points back and have embarked on a good run since the morale boosting (and my personal best on CM03-04) 9-0 win. However, we may regret the abject performance at Fafe yet.

It's kind of complicated, i'll explain at mIRC (seeing as you're online for the first time in ages icon_redface.gif). <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Forgot that, didn't you.. icon_razz.gif

Catch me on MSN some day.

Probably icon_biggrin.gif

Oh, and for curious readers.. I returned to the game yesterday, taking over Trofense in 2B North. 6 points from safe ground, battling with three other teams for the only playoff spot. We played eight games with a 0-6-2 record, both losses were 0-1. Still only five points to safety, but two of my combattants came even closer. icon_frown.gif

Famalicão

Fafe(A). Overtime should be abolished. They equalise the 2-2 with 91:51 on the clock.

Next we host the new team of Adam Trofense, we dominated most of the game but managed to score only once. Still its the first win in 7 games.

Leca(A). 0-3. enough said.

Taipas(H). A stunning 4-0 victory making me very happy; till I discoverd that a) they were the biggest relegation candidate and that b) a 4-0 against Taipas is quite modest (read some posts above...)

Next game at home against subtopper D. Sandinenses where I lost away 1-5. Team managed to hang on to the 0-0 till the 88th minute and then concede of course.

Next: A vote of confidence. icon_frown.gif

And that with 2 away games coming up after this one.

First against Vianense. Wahey a draw, 2-2.

Next against Salgueiros. The clan watching, as I was the only one having a game on saturday, and seeing me score in the 10th minute. A storm of attack follows from Salgueiros but till halftime nothing happens. I sub some players and we make the game more equal even getting some very big chances. But you can't fight your fate, off course they manage to score first and equalise. Worse even was that they score the 1-2 also. Change of tactic didn't work and so the game ended in 1-3. Ouch. Board wasn't too pleased. icon_redface.gif

Next game gave the very needed win at last. At home against Feirense. Both SC's I signed for the beginning of the season got a assist and a goal. At least they can cooperate.

Board: still unsatisfied icon_frown.gif

Job: still insecure icon_eek.gif

Will see if I can make it till the end of the season.

Sidenews: CyberDale doesn't understand that cups suck arse and gets Atletico till the Semi Final of the Portuguese Cup. icon_eek.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Giziar:

I'm speechless.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Speechless? Kostis? Somebody pinch me I must be dreaming. icon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well...erm...you know, speechless in a talkative kind of way icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

And how the hell did you manage to lose a game 5-1 with the score at 0-0 after 88 minutes? icon_biggrin.gif

Penafiel

After a bad performance in our defeat in the first game of the session, we bounced back to hump Boavista 3-0. The third goal from our sub MC was worthy of winning any match, but as he’s only 4th in the pecking order for an MC position, we’re unlikely to see another one soon. icon_biggrin.gif

We then pulled to within two points of 3rd placed Estoril after a fine away win to the 4th placed team, but then got a poor draw at an average Espinho side, still upset that I rejected their overtures and told them to stuff their job up their backside.

Next up was Esposende who were disposed by 2-0, which flattered them somewhat, we again pull to within two points of the top of the table. However, and early sending off and only reserve DCs on the bench meant a thorough trousering by 0-4 and we finish the session in 7th.

Bizarrely though, the top of the table is extremely tight, with my 7th placed team still only three points from top spot. I think there are only 7 or 8 games left to play and with my lot playing Kostis at home in a couple of games time, it’s going to be interesting. Let’s hope we can play as well as we did in the 4-4 away draw earlier in the season, but preferably without the sending off after being 4-1 up.

And here is some advanced notice with regards to the next two sessions. I'm aware we have just got this clan back up to speed again, but I may have to pass the save game to someone else for next Wednesday. I have a week off work next week and am planning to visit dear old mother (or the Old Trout, as I call her) on Monday for a couple of days and plan to leave early on Monday morning. This would mean going to bed early (ish) on Sunday night, so maybe a shorter than usual session then, maybe until 11pm BST? Also I'm not sure what time I will be back for on Wednesday, but it is very unlikely to be before 10pm, so it may be best to pass the hosting duties to someone else for next Wednesday. Can anyone do this?

We can talk further on MIRC tonight.

Archived