LLM Iberian Clan Online Game (or the: 'I'm late! I'm so very, very late!' thread)

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maia

I get to play after all icon_smile.gif

Assman L1, W1. Loss was to promotion rivals Salgueiros icon_mad.gif

11.04.07 Felgueiras Cyber Jordi (A)

We beat my former team and Jordi's AssMan. The goals come late, after I am forced to replace both strikers due to injury. Fortunately my MC captain and one of the sub SCs

14.4.07Tirsense (H)

We play the bottom club while the two teams ahead of us (but level on points) play each other. I lose my best (ex-Fafe) SC to injury icon_frown.gif and we sort of limp to an uninspiring, if untroubled, 3-0 win (two of the goals late on as the opposition left gaps at the back). D. Sandinenses won the match of the day, and we are now second, level on points with the leaders.

22.4.07 Freamunde (A)

We drop 2 points, and it needs an 86th minute penalty to salvage the point from the 2-2 draw. D. Sandinenses win to go 2 points clear icon_frown.gif

29.4.07 Lousada (H)

An injury crisis hits before this crunch match. The most telling is the loss of my superb MC and captain for the duration of the season icon_frown.gif

SC gets our opener with the last kick of the first half, and we complete a comfortable 3-0 win in the second. Sandinenses keep winning icon_frown.gif so we're still 2 points back.

6.5.07 Famalicao (H)

The newly managerless visitors (having recently sacked Giziar) do exactly what managerless sides normally do and play above themselves. A 0-0 draw in which we outshoot our opponents 12(4) -0. We drop to 3rd, and Sandinenses stretch the lead to 4 points with 4 games left. Promotion looks to be beyond us icon_frown.gif

13.5.07 Marco (A)

We score on a breakaway 2 mins in. Fortunately we add a second since they grab one shortly before the end. Adam grabs a draw with Sandinenses so we get back to within 2 points. The last three games will be vital.

Olhanense

Good session, if it wasn't for a home defeat which might prove costly at the end of the season.

Espinho (H): They're in the relegation zone, so we really must win. We get 3 shots on target in the first half, but score 4 goals icon_redface.gificon_biggrin.gif, a DC lobbing it up and behind the out-rushing keeper. Espinho get one back, final score 4-1. A deceptive result, Espinho had more chances, but were let down by their keeper.

For the first time ever, we're in the promotion spots \o/.

Penafiel (A): Mooski's team. The much anticipated 6-pointer human clash. We go up 2-0, but Penafiel closes us down and hammers us to equalize 2-2. We manage to balance the game in the second half and miss a couple of good chances. We could have won, but the draw isn't a bad result for us.

Esposende (A): Another 6 pointer, they're one point ahead. We take the lead twice in the first half but give away stupid equalizers. We then go down 3-2, but a superb reaction finds us winners. Final score of 3-5, super M/SC gets 4 icon14.gif. Back in the promotion spots, tied with 3 other teams, amd Mooski lurking 2 points behind.

Moreirense (H): God i hate mid-table teams. They have nothing to play for, but never miss the chance to spank the arse of promotion contenders. A goal from a corner seals our fate, as we drop to 6th. We didn't deserve better tbh.

Beira Mar (H): Another home game, against a team currently laying 3rd in the table. We smash them 4-0, 2 quick goals coming from corners. Super FRC scores after eons, but a yellow card means his season is over.

At the same time, Gondomar beat Mooski 4-3. They're on 49 points, same as us and Esposende. Unfortunately, this triple tie means we're placed 4th. That game against Moreirense might seal our fate icon_frown.gif.

Two games left. Ovarense (in the relegation zone) away, and Sp. Covilha at home (they too are threatened with relegation). Gondomar and Esposende have slightly more difficult opponents to face, so everything's at stake.

Penafiel

The session didn't start off too well, with a disappointing 0-0 draw away to struggling Sporting Covilha. We held on to the bitter end, which is something you shouldn't be doing against a team like this, if you are looking to go for promotion places.

Then it was the visit of Kostis and his band of pooves. A swift 2-0 lead by his lot which could have been more before half time was then equally swiftly cancelled out after a substitution and a formation change. He definitely had the better of the first half; I had the better of the second. It appears that we’ve been doing this a lot lately.

This left us in 6th place and four points behind the league leaders with five games remaining. Beira-Mar then were beaten 2-0 in a magnificent performance, considering they were a top three side. Gondomar were also a top three side, when I went to their place and I went ahead three times before succumbing to a 4-3 defeat, leaving me in 7th place.

Two games left, four points behind third placed Esposende and realistically no chance of promotion this season. The 0-0 draw and then the Gondomar defeat look like costing us dearly.

Atletico

If we were still fighting against relegation I'd say this was a successful session, but it proved too little to qualify for Europe. Some lacklustre performances by our team saw us lose in the Cup semis and drop to 7th place in the league. It's still very tight at top and we missed a few golden opportunities to move up in the table. At one point we were only 3 points behind the league leaders!

Two more games to play, away to almost-champion Sporting and a home game against a mid-table club - should we win both it could be enough for the UEFA cup, but somehow I don't see it happening. Our new goal is to finish ahead of Louletano, and I'd say that's as good as wrapped up icon_smile.gif

Host changes, as discussed yesterday:

I have the game file in my possession so we are covered for Sunday one way or another.

Remco, I sent email to the address in your profile with instructions to get the file. If you get it, maybe we can test out your capability to host prior to Sunday?

Let me know if you have any problems.

Louletano

Session started off okay but took a turn when we had a DL and a DC sent off against Porto. I decided to go with two at the back and we paid the price, 4 - 0 I think. Followed by a loss to Benfica in a wild affair. I then left and am told we lost yet again to leixoes.

An up and down season, but we did get European experience, which was swell. Though it breaks my heart to finish below Dale, I'm finding ways to carry on. I've enrolled in a support group.

Famalicão

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Will see if I can make it till the end of the season. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And the answer is: Nope. icon_frown.gif

Session started with the worst performance ever seen by my team against Cyber Jordi's Felgueiras, don't believe I've seen any of my chaps on the side of the opponent the whole game. We loose. We loose big time. 0-5.! icon_eek.gificon_mad.gificon_frown.gif

Next game I have relegation candidates Tirense visiting. Moraly knacked by last game, suffering from suspensions (3) and injuries (2) I fear the outcome. I didn't have to fear; team played the best game of the season, winning by a wonderful 6-1 icon_biggrin.gif.

The ex-maritimo striker I picked up on a free at the beginning of this season got a hattrick and with scoring a perfect 10 as rating his 8th MoM.

Freamunde (A).

Away, that must mean trouble, yup it does.

Just to mislead me we go 1-0 up. The 2-0 is ruled out for offside. What followed were 2 goals for Freamunde. Another away loss. Another loss after leading first. Ah well.

Still facing a very unsatisfied board I knew we had to win the next game, facing Lousada at my place. Luckily the game after that would also be at home, against Marco. Two must wins I guessed.

Well; The two wins didn't come. In fact we played a boring 0-0 against Lousada sealing my fate. I was sacked within days after that.

Applied for a few jobs, including a basque only club in Spain. Got the message they don't need me from all of them.

Decided to declare interest in the Alverca Job. The manager is insecure, the club is in the Second League and the finances are ok (would be nice for a change). To my big suprise the board didn't start laughing like hyena's but declared that they would be stupid to ingnore a manager of this calibre (icon_eek.gif) but that first the fate of the current manager has to be decided.

Btw: Famalicão did his first managerless game the same as they used to do when I was still managing them; scoring first but loosing at last.

Got offered the job of Sanjoanense. Lying 16th (play-off spot) in 2B-North with insecure finances. I decided to decline because of:

a) I'd like to wreck the club myself instead of joining a club already in jeapordy icon_wink.gif

b) I'm very curious if I seriously could get the Alverca job. So far the current manager does his work very well for me; two losses in a row. Still fingers crossed for that job.

Julian: I'm now DL'ing the file. Did get instantly the english version of the page (incudling adds in Dutch!) but the DL'ing goes a bit slow, about the same speed I still got when I was on a 56k modem. Keep you informed.

Download with Opera failed. Downloaded a 29meg file called llama portugal.exe that didnt do anything.

Did load up the hated M$IE; Download succesfull, altough again a bit slow.

Winrar no problem, save on the pc right now.

Well, we managed to get Remco hosting OK, so here's this week's regularly scheduled news from Maia

20.5.07 Lixa (H)

We increase the pressure on leaders D. Sandinense with a comfortable 3-0 win. Level on points, but the have an aggregate lead on us based on our head to head this season (we both won at home, but they scored more goals). Amazingly, Sandinenses just drew 0-0 with relegated Taipas.

27.5.07 Sanjoanense (A)

We go behind just as we hear that Sandinenses are winning away at Vianense icon_frown.gif We throw everything at them but only concede a second on a breakaway. Our promotion dream is over icon_frown.gif

3.6.07 Infesta (H)

We're thrashing them 0-0 at half time. It's one way traffic, but we can't score. The second half is just the same. A goalless draw, but we win 18-1 on shots. Our final league position is third.

My board declare themselves pleased with me, despite my not bringing home the league trophy. I was half expecting my unemployment papers.

The draw for the 5th annual LLaMa Shield is as follows:

Round 1, 5.8.07

1. Mooski vs Kostis

2. Remco vs Jordi

3. Devon vs Adam

4. Julian vs Dale (I guess I'm not going to win a match this year either)

Round 2, 8.8.07

5. Winner 2 vs Winner 4

6. Winner 1 vs Winner 3

Final, 12.8.07

Winner 6 vs Winner 5

The offseason has worked much better this year. I think we can term the plan a success. We made a couple of minor adjustments, so our schedule reads as follows:

End of season - July 1st: Holiday

15 minutes time for playing

End of 15mins - July 15th: Holiday

2 mins playing time

End of 2 mins - 1st August: Holiday

1st August - play normally, LLaMa shield starts on 5.8

I have to leave for a half hour, and AssMan wins my first ever LLaMa shield game icon_eek.gif \o/\o/\o/\o/ We beat Dale 3-1, with all four of my midfielders recognised wingers. Bizarre, but effective, tactics there from AssMan.

I return to find him playing an even more bizarre formation against Remco's new team Alverca. This time it doesn't work icon_frown.gif We lose 3-1.

I win a comfortable third friendly to tune up for the season. We've got two relgated teams in our division now, one of them fallen giants Boavista. Fortunately the board only want a top half finish icon_smile.gif

Olhanense

As i feared, promotion was proven to be mission impossible, even though we were tied on the same points with our rivals.

Ovarense (A): As said previously, this lot wants to avoid relegation, so they ought to play their skins out against us. They go 1-0 up in the first 10 minutes and lose a few good chances. We react on the 40th minute, equalizing through the M/SC. Same player gives us the edge 2-1 after 47 minutes, but can only hold to that for about 6 minutes. Ovarense owns us and scores twice to turn the game. A few good chances in the dying minutes don't hit the target. 3-2 loss, both our rivals win. we need a miracle to get promoted now.

Sp. Covilha: A very comfortable 4-0 win, but our rivals win as well and seal their promotion. We finish the season 4th, just 3 points off promotion. It's my belief that if we had started better, we wouldn't have had a problem. Not that it matters, we could use another season of strengthening in the 2nd league.

New signings: a Swiss DL from Basel, a DRLC from Naval, a 15yo hopefull M/FRLC from Adam's relegated Trofense, and a 16yo promising DMC. All for free, naturally. We manage to sell a couple of players and generate some transfer money, which will certainly come handy at some point. We also loan in a keeper from Louletano and a 20yo FRL from some Spanish side, a regular for the Spanish U-21 side \o/.

We go on holidays from the end of the season to the LlaMa shield Cup. I'm drawn away aginst Penafiel (Mooski). We easily overcome their obstacle 3-1. Next game against Louletano (seamus), at home. They take the lead early and miss a few good chances. A free-kick by my DMC hits their bar, but that's all for the first half. The FRL comes in as a sub at half time and equalizes after 15 seconds icon_biggrin.gif. we have the better of the second half, but can't score. We lose 5-4 on penalties icon_frown.gif.

My ass man played a couple of friendlies too. A 2-0 win over Badajoz and a 0-3 defeat by Sporting icon_redface.gif (field was sold out). After the Louletano game, i play Ceuta at home. we get annihilated 4-1. Uh oh, doesn't look too good.

Needless to say, anything short of promotion will dissapoint me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kfoolmoon:

New signings: a Swiss DL from Basel, a DRLC from Naval, a 15yo hopefull M/FRLC from Adam's relegated Trofense, and a 16yo promising DMC. All for free, naturally. We manage to sell a couple of players and generate some transfer money, which will certainly come handy at some point. We also loan in a keeper from Louletano and a 20yo FRL from some Spanish side, a regular for the Spanish U-21 side \o/.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jcb23:

Evidently I forgot to add my comments icon_redface.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, right... icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Did your scout find the DL in Spain, then? icon_mad.gificon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

At least he's European and playing in Europe, not an Iranian playing for a Tunisian club or something, like the other time my scout was in Spain... icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Quite why that keeper joined you on loan when he had a permanent transfer offer from me, I'll never know icon_rolleyes.gificon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He obviously thought Olhanense were ideal for him and his aspirations icon_smile.gif.

...Who am i kidding? icon_rolleyes.gif

End of season \o/, one to forget.

Yet we've done no rebuilding in the offseason. I've received one young future star (hopefully) from Famalico or wherever Remco was previously. I at the end of the session I loaned in a Striker from Spain in hopes of curing my scoring woes. I don't know what it is, but we didn't score more than one goal all pre-season...except maybe against Remco in the final of the LLaMa Cup, which we won for the 4th time of 5.

Let's hope that proves to be our good luck charm as we didn't win it last year. icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kfoolmoon:

At least he's European and playing in Europe, not an Iranian playing for a Tunisian club or something, like the other time my scout was in Spain... icon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tunisia is still closer to Spain than Switzerland is, right? icon_wink.gif

It took a bit of help of Julian (thx) to get me hosting but finally the game took off.

While I was a bit unemployed I killed my time watching a game here and there and sending out some applications for jobs, all of them turned down of course.

THEN: the message came that (the again relegated) Boavista have appointed a new manager. I check to see what his last job was: Alverca!. Immediatley I send out a letter that I'm available. Strangely enough they accepted! icon_eek.gif

Alverca

While we were holidaying through the summer I get one message after the other that a player is loaned out. In the end it appeared that my ass.man has loaned out almost my entire midfield by loaning out 5! players. icon_mad.gif

Attracted a few scouts, a coach here and there and am starting to make the squad complete again.

For a change Alverca does have money and even a transferbudget so now I can wreck a club professionally icon_biggrin.gif

Bought two players from U.Madeira, a GK and a young D/M L, loaned in a striker from Academica who was two seasons on loan at Famalicão. Bought a certain ex-Louletano, ex-Odivelas Guinea Bissau player for a whopping 0k. Still looking for an extra player for the midfield (ass.man: icon_mad.gif)

Llama Shield started with a game against Cyber Jordi's Felgueiras. A quick 2-0 was slowly followed by a 2-2 meaning penalties. 2 early faults from Jordi's players ment that I was almost cheering for the victory but then my players started to make mistakes either. Finally on about the 9th penalty taker the game was a victory. ouch.

Second round against Cyber Julian, the real Julian forgetting to take control for this match. Eventough Cyber Julian fielded some donkey's my team did pretty fine and ran out 3-1 winners.

Meaning that for the first time in history I reached the final of the Llama Shield against Seamus' Louletano. Hmm. We didn't make much of an impression. Game ended in 2-1 for Louletano and our only goal was only possible because of an injury on Louletano's side. Ah well.

Olhanense

It looks like last session's humpings and awful performances weren't just a matter of luck.

We hosted Portimonense, a D3 club for our last friendly. 0-0 draw, their keeper got MOM icon_mad.gif.

Espinho (H): First league match of the season, against a seemingly weaker team than us. Guess what, we lose icon_frown.gif. Manage to equalize 2-2 with 7 minutes to go, but they grab the winner on a counter attack. Same ol', same ol'...

Guimaraes (A): This lot just got relegated from the Superleague (i think). First half ends 0-0. we score twice in the second half through the M/SC \o/. They equalize almost immediately, with 15 minutes to go. We go gung-ho and it pays off. M/SC completes his hat-trick, super FRC gets his first of the season. A change of fate?

So, one win and one loss. But we need to win our home games if we're challenging for promotion, i can't emphasize this enough.

Seamus made an enquiry for the M/SC (worth 100k), but we couldn't agree terms. I doubt i would sell him even if we did agree terms icon_biggrin.gif. One of Adam's strikers interests me, but Adam isn't too keen to sell. I also tried to loan an AMC from Benfica, but he rejected me. Maybe at a later date.

Maia

A brief update from me, since I was otherwise distracted during the session by either real football or the baby.

Maia made an unbeaten start to the season, with two away wins (Vianense and Fafe, 2-1 and 4-0). Our lone home game was a 0-0 draw with Infesta (who I also drew 0-0 with in a one-sided game during the run-in last year icon_mad.gif :bogeyteam: ).

Unfortunately, when I last checked, this was only good enough for 5th or 6th (I think) and left me as last placed human manager in the division icon_eek.gif What the heck have Jordi and Adam done to their teams to make them so much better?

Hopefully I'll be more focused on Sunday.

Shortish Update

We land 3rd spot after the 3 first matches. The key? That would be not having allowed the opposition teams score even one icon_biggrin.gificon_cool.gif because our Goals For count is rather poor... icon_frown.gif

However: 1 home win, 1 away win and 1 away draw...

Alverca

Not that many games played this session; partly because of some network difficulties and partly due to the slowness of the transferwindow.

I started off with 2 friendlies against former teams. Didn't convince in both.

A 94th winner scored against Santo Antonio and a 1-1 against Adam's Famalicão where Adam's goal was achieved because of the biggest blunder of any goalie I've ever seen. Goalie what were you doing running to the midfield? icon_confused.gif

Two home matches when it's for real

First a 2-1 against Rio Ave, followed by a 2-0 against Moreirense. Result: Alverca is top of the league icon_eek.gif

(that will undoubtly change when the away games are coming..)

Maia

16.9.07 Boavista (H)

We lose our DR to a red card after just 6 minutes. Despite the setback we take a lead which our illustrious visitors need a dodgy penalty to equalize. A 1-1 draw is disappointing for a home game, but I'll take it given the circumstances.

19.9.07 Famalicao Adam (A)

We travel to the 100%-ers minus our star DR who is suspended. A 3-2 loss is in some ways attributable to the acres of space Adam's ML finds. His 9.75 av. rating SC is marked out of the game by my DC, which was pleasing, but I'm disappointed with our less than stellar performance, probably brought on by Kostis' voodoo doll as usual icon_mad.gif

23.9.07 Marco (H)

A win we barely deserved ends up with a deceiving 3-0 scoreline. Fortunately our forwards took their chances and the opposition SCs left their shooting boots at home. I'll take the points, but it's as poor a 3-0 win as they come.

We're currently in 6th, already 7 points behind likely champions Famalicao.

30.9.07 Lourosa (A)

We're unconvincing again. An away point is an away point, but we never recover defensively from the loss of our DL to injury early on and give up two sloppy goals in a 2-2 draw. We hold 6th spot. Adam's men continue with their 100% run and are now 9 points ahead of me.

7.10.07 O. Moscavide (H) Cup 3rd Round

Why can't we play like this in the league? I'm hoping for a money-spinning cup run, and my players seem to want that too. A comfortable 3-0 win in a match in which we dominate our D2BS visitors.

10.10.07 Sanjoanense (A)

We lose two players to injury in the first half, one of them the GK. A third substitution late on is also required by injury icon_frown.gif Despite an (unsurprisingly) disjointed performance we record a 3-1 win.

17.10.07 Vila Real (H)

The start of a run of 6 home games in my next 8 icon_eek.gif GK will miss them all with a groin injury. The first is a very comfortable 2-0 win (20-2 in shots). We're up to 3rd. Still 7 pts behind Adam though icon_frown.gif

21.10.07 Vizela (H)

Another comfortable 2-0 win in which we are rarely threatened.

28.10.07 Estarreja (H)

Another very comfortable win. 3-0 this time. We're enjoying home comforts here icon_smile.gif Adam's Famalicao is held to another draw, and we've closed to within 5 pts. Ominously, we are third behind fallen giants Boavista, but only on goal difference/alphabetical order/whatever is used in D2B.

A good session. I just hope Adam starts to lose the odd game so I have a hope of catching him icon_smile.gif

Olhanense

Another abysmal start to the season. It seems our fate is to always hunt the other teams instead of being hunted by them.

Sp. Pombal (H): A rather comfortable 2-0 win. Up to 5th place.

Sp Covilha (A): The losts take the lead with a penalty, but we dominate throughout the match and win 3-1. Nice.

E. Amadora (H): This is where the **** hits the fan. We're held to a goalless draw. They're bottom of the table, we really need to win those games. One point is enough for us to clmb in 3rd though. \o/

Moreirense (H) - Portuguese Cup 3rd Round: Visitors surprise us twice in the first half and lead 2-1. Another good reaction and 2 goals by the super FRC sees us through. 4-2 win.

Moreirense (A): For the league. I expected a loss, as i've never won the league game following a cup game. We start abysmally. We're already 3-0 down before i decide to take care of their flamboyant AMC. 2 quick goals for us, half time score 3-2. I'd already subbed 3 players when my DMC decides to get injured. We equalize through a corner and take the lead after the one hour mark. 10 men can't hold on though. Final score of 4-4. We should have won.

Estoril (H): A crucial match, we're starting to lose pace with the top 3. Crappy performance throughout, no-one gets a rating better than 6. 1-2 loss. Uh oh.

Rio Ave (A): They're 3rd, if we lose it will be too hard to catch up with them. 1-0 down, we equalize in the second half. 3-1 is only a matter of minutes icon_frown.gif. My last sub is a 17yo SC, who my ass man had loaned out during the summer break and who's just returned. He scores 2, and M/SC and AM/FR miss two great chances to give us the lead. 3-3 draw, in the end we could and perhaps should have won.

We're lying 7th, 4 points off 3rd place. Remco's Alverca is running away with it. We need a winning streak, and for this we need to win our hme games, we're undefeated away ffs.

Our problems seem to be in midfield. We only score after long balls from the defenders and the keeper. Our wingers aren't bad, but they don't get much of the ball. The problem is in the MC positions, where we have a severe lack of speed and creativity.

Alverca

To be honest: I'm a bit confused.The good run of last session continued and not only that I can actually win away games this season icon_eek.gif. So far it's looking much better then I did with Famalicão last season.

So normally you would blame such an improvement either on an improved tactic or on the fact that the other team was crap. But I didn't change my tactic and Adam is proving the Famalicão isn't crap either icon_confused.gif

Estoril (A) First away game of the season and the first away win of the season as well. Yah!. The fact that Estoril got 2 red cards did help a bit but still we ran out 3-0 winners.

Beira-Mar (A) A bit fortunat here. Beira-Mar took the lead in the 40th minute, we managed to equalize in the 65th minute. Only a few minutes later they get a penalty. Saved! by my GK! icon14.gif. We even manage to score the winning goal in the 94th minute. Ah without a bit of luck no-one gets anywhere icon_biggrin.gif

Gil Vicente (H) A simple but not very mentionable 1-0 win.

U. Coimbra (H) 3rd Round of Cup. U Coimbra are a 2B-Central team. I field my second choise first teamers to improve fitness here and there and to rest some of the regulars who will have to play for real in only a few days. The non-regulars did fine winning 2-0.

D. Sandinenses (A) Playing away against last seasons champions of 2B-North. No worries here also; a very nice 3-0 victory. Ex-Famalicão AM R/L player, who I bought from Adam at the beginning of the season, gets 1 Goal, 2 Assists and MoM icon_smile.gif

Penafiel (H) First match of the season against a Human Opponent. A 2-0 victory for us over Mooski's Penafiel and not even undeserved.

Final game of the evening away to Espinho. I saw them play a few games earlier to Penafiel and by that game I disagree with Kosits' remarks of last session where he mentinon that Espinho was a seemingly weak side. Team didn't have an answer to the very agressive defense style of Espinho and to be fair: we didn't have a chance. Final outcome a 1-3 loss icon_frown.gif.Espinho so far won all its games (3) against humans this season.

I noticed that the Espinho game ended our record winning streak of 8. New Alverca club record and also new personal record in 03/04. icon_wink.gif

Looking at the table of the Second League I'm more then pleased to see Alverca leading with a 3 point gap to Espinho. icon_biggrin.gif

Espinho (H): First league match of the season, against a seemingly weaker team than us. Guess what, we lose icon_frown.gif. Manage to equalize 2-2 with 7 minutes to go, but they grab the winner on a counter attack. Same ol', same ol'...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This was your first post after the first session of THIS season icon_rolleyes.gif

Louletano

Trying times at Estadio do Algarve. If we don't turn things around soon, I'm jumping ship.

After a decent start, we've tumbled down the table with no less than four straight defeats in Sunday's session. Our worst run of form ever. We did manage at the tail end of that to stuff Porto (icon_rolleyes.gif), but in the final game of the session ended up being run around the park by Atletico. We tried a new formation (which worked against Porto) but it was clearly a poor managerial decision against Atletico five man midfield. Really need to look at tactics, training, and the squad on Wed.

A few new signings are set to come in January, including my first Yankee! He's not the ideal candidate but I've been looking to sign one or two and he could fit the bill to a degree as a DM/RC. There are a few others (one in France, one in Spain) that I'm after too. Before anyone asks, I'm 11 million in the black, and I'm 90k per week below my wage bill--yes, my scouts can head stateside. icon_smile.gif

I signed a Spaniard too I think. Can't remember where he was from or what position though. icon_biggrin.gif

Seamus, if i'm not mistaken, it was a D/MR from some B team.

icon_biggrin.gif

Remco, you'll have to excuse my dodgy English. The word "seemingly" refered to the fact i expected to beat them (as they did suck arse last season), and i didn't know at the time they'd turn out to be promotion contenders.

Seamus, if i'm not mistaken, it was a D/MR from some B team.

icon_biggrin.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes. That sounds right Kostis. icon14.gif Valladoid maybe? He came highly rated by my scout, but we'll see my scouts have been crap so far. They're next to go.

I'm going to miss today's session as I am just off to an out-of-town business meeting icon_frown.gif Sorry about the lack of notice (I didn't find out until yesterday).

If someone could keep an eye on Maia and let me know how we do (ie how far behind Adam we are) I'd appreciate it.

Olhanense

Good session all in all, banter back up to its high standards (well, you know what i mean icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif). My team only won the first and the last game of the session though.

Beira - Mar (H): A nice and warm 5-1 win. Totally unexpected, but there you have it. Breaking news after the game: Super FRC out for 5 months icon_frown.gif.

Gil Vicente (A): The game finished before it even started. We concede after 2 minutes, have a player expelled ater 8 minutes and have a mountain to climb after 9 icon_rolleyes.gif. Final score 6-2, only the young SC performed well. More breaking news: Super M/SC out for 3 weeks.

National da Madeira - Portuguese Cup 4th Round: First half finds us leading 2-0, both scored by the young SC. Hosts grab one back, but have a player expelled. So what happens after that? We lose 3-2 icon_mad.gif

D. Sandinenses (H): They're dead last, we have got to win this. Swiss DL gets his first goal for us after 65 minutes, but the visitors grab a late equalizer. Their keeper gets MoM. Expletive removed.

Penafiel (A): Mooski's lot. It was literally a game of two halves. We lead 2-0 at half time and look better. Mooski turns it around and grabs a late equalizer as well. Should have won.

Alverca (H): Giziar's lot, setting the 2nd division on fire. A very boring game, really. His defence fecks up right on the 90th minute and gifts us the winner \o/. Didn't quite deserve it, but i'll have those 3 points thank you very much icon_smile.gif.

Lying 7th, 4 points off the first promotion spot. We just need a winning streak, but frankly i can't see it coming. Next game is away at 2nd placed Leiria, we must do something good there.

Made it back in time to see how my AssMan had negotiated Maia to 10 points behind Adam. icon_frown.gif

We did make a huge profit from an away tie with Benfica in the cup though. \o/ We didn't win, btw.

I also had time to kick Kostis out of #llm-clan four times. My day brightened considerably icon_biggrin.gif

Shame I missed that. icon_smile.gif

Let the AssMan play my first match as I was busy trying to get Swindon promoted. (missed the playoffs on the final day with a 1 - 1 draw. A win would've seen us through on G.D.). But back to Louletano--AssMan won 3 - 0 against Maritimo.

Won my next match 3 - 1. And then pulled off a draw against some side we dominated. we had 7 shot to their 1, but of course that 1 was a goal. Finally after a further barrage, and an inspired substition :ahem:, we drew level with our 11th shot. We should've won but...

When I left, I think we won the final game I played, we were mid-table. But it's a tight race and we're not too far back. Some 8 points after 15 played. Our goal is to get into Europe, though it'll be tricky. Especially as the game has finally learned that Cups Suck Ass. I seem not to have been entered in the Portugese Cup this year. It's in the 5th round and I've not be drawn yet.

I was fairly active in the transfer market, though only one came through before I left. A Brazilian DC from the Second league side that let up 6 to Kostis icon_rolleyes.gif. I should've known Brazilian and Defender just don't match. Thought I signed my second Yankee but he wasn't interested in a move to Loule. He'll regret that. :explode: Mooski has offered a compelling DMC that I'm debating over and Kostis has an aging wonder MC who he is eager to cash in on. I'm not sure he's worth the price tag though.

Penafiel

Briefly, I had been absent from much of the previous four sessions and left the club in the incapable hands of my AssMan. He didn’t disappoint, guiding us to one win from five games, selling my only real star, my Brazilian left winger and also cancelling the offer to a Bosman DMC who is now starring at Alverca. Tit.

We started the session last night in decent form. A superb 4-2 win away at U Lamas and a solid draw against ex-Superleague team Vit Guimaraes where we should have won were pleasing. They helped us get some confidence to take on Dâ€B side Ac Viseu in the 4th round of the cup. We were in total control throughout the game, the visitors only having one shot on goal, we had 15. As you can imagine, my defeat on penalties was laughed off.

I’m not sure if this contributed to our horrendous 4-1 defeat against Sporting Pombal or not, but we certainly didn’t turn up. The mood continued, however, in the opening half of the game against Kostis’ Olhanense. We were two behind by half time, with three of our supposed better players rating a 3 or 4. Two of them were changed and a slight tweak to the tactics and we got back to 2-2, only to get nervy in the last five minutes when our star midfielder was shown a red for arguing with the ref.

Our last game of the session was a deserved 3-0 win at the bottom side and we showed that we could still be dangerous when we put our minds to it. This meant we were now in 10th place after 13 games, with a 5-3-5 record, two pints from 7th placed Kostis, six points from 3rd placed Rio Ave and a huge 12 points from Alverca at the top of the pile.

We all have one game next session before the winter break and the opening of the transfer window. Don’t expect too many games, but I have a few additions to the squad, mostly in the defensive department. icon_biggrin.gif

Alverca

To make a good start of the evening I lost the first game away to Leiria.

We are much more decent at home (currently still undefeated icon_eek.gif) and we continue to be decent by winning against U. Lamas. A nice and decent 2-0.

4th round of the Cup away to Fafe (2B-North team). Fielded my second choise. Forth choise striker misses penalty but scored in the 93th minute. It's his second real game of the season and he scored in both of them (First goal was in the 3rd round of the Cup)

Next away at Vit. Guimarães. An ex-Superleague team so I was curious if I could manage to make some result. Well, we did, we won 2-0 \o/

The first of two games against Sp. Pompal (last season the champions of 2B-Central) at my home ended in a 3-1 victory.

First human match followed. Away at Kostis' Olhanense. Pretty much even match with a boring first half. Subbed my GK at halftime because he was slightly injured. Olhanense managed to score in the dying minutes of the game where I don't exaggerate if I say that at least 3 of his guys were running offside. icon_mad.gif

Ah well, He's still a bit behind Alverca. icon_biggrin.gif

Final game of the evening was again at home to Sp. Pombal. This time for the 5th round of the Cup. Fielded yet again not my starting 11 but dominated enough to get a 2-0 victory.

So far so good. icon14.gif

Archived