LLM Iberian Clan Online Game (or the: 'I'm late! I'm so very, very late!' thread)

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by seamus:

I was fairly active in the transfer market, though only one came through before I left. A Brazilian DC from the Second league side that let up 6 to Kostis icon_rolleyes.gif. I should've known Brazilian and Defender just don't match. Thought I signed my second Yankee but he wasn't interested in a move to Loule. He'll regret that. :explode: Mooski has offered a compelling DMC that I'm debating over and Kostis has an aging wonder MC who he is eager to cash in on. I'm not sure he's worth the price tag though. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That DC is from a team that scored 6 against me, not the other way around icon_frown.gif

...oh, btw, 700k? icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kfoolmoon:

Beira - Mar (H): A nice and warm 5-1 win. Totally unexpected, but there you have it. Breaking news after the game: Super FRC out for 5 months icon_frown.gif.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was five, not six, and if I'm reading correctly, you scored the 5. I'm fairly certain he was from Beira-Mar, not Gil Vicente. icon_frown.gif

Oh, and sod off. 700k! I could buy Mooski's DMC seven times over.

Louletano

We opened with a 3 - 2 loss to Benfica. Had a man sent off so I'll blame it on that.

Our next three league matches were all 1 - 0 wins against Gondomar, Leixoes and Belenenses. With a Portugese Cup 6th round win over Lusitano (non-league) 3 - 0.

We then had a wild 6 - 3 win of P. Ferreria with our new M/SC signing (from Kostis's Olhanese) scoring 3. They were above us in the table. And next up, Ferreria in the cup QF...icon_rolleyes.gif. We manage a 2 - 0 win. icon_smile.gif

Next up, leaders Academica, who are 3 points ahead. 4 - 0. \o/ The Yankee signing gets his first goal. And the MSC from Kostis scores again, but is injured in the 89th minute.

With Porto yet to play, we're top of the league on GD, level, obviously, with Academica. Porto one point behind with a game in hand.

Needless to say, well pleased with the new signings that arrived. We seem to have new life.

I told you he was good, you poof icon_razz.gif

An excellent session tonight. We did quite well , but i was dissapointed by the results.

Olhanense

Leiria (A): We start brilliantly and take the lead after 3 minutes. They equalize early in the second half, and turn the game around on the one hour mark. Some tweaks after this game ought to improve us defensively.

Transfer Window: As you may have guessed from the above post, i finally decided to cash in on the Peruvian M/SC for 230k upfront and 90k depending on performances. I was sad to see him go, but the 80k that went to my transfer budget looked like a small fortune. Unfortunately, i haven't been able to sign anyone. Secured the services of an FRLC for the summer and shortlisted quite a few keepers.

U. Lamas (H): An uneventful match, we just can't hit the target. 0-0. :YAWN:

Vit. Guimaraes (H): Dull once again, only spiced up by the winner, scored on the 87th minute \o/. 3 points off the promotion spots.

Sp. Pombal (A): Nothing happens until the 78th minute, when we take the lead. We can't hold on icon_mad.gif. We go gung-ho once again, hit the bar, and the "super"-SC (who i'm letting go at the end of the season) scores the winner. 2-1 win \o/.

Espinho (A): A key match. They're 3rd, 3 points ahead. We can't afford to lose. We own the first half and take the lead twice. But once again we can't hold on to it. 2-2, not a disasterous result, but we really could have won.

Sp. Covilha (H): Another 1-0 win. A penalty and a dismissal for our opponents on the 8th minute doesn't leave them any chance, but their keeper is having the game of his life. Ah well.

E. Amadora (A): A clean 2-0 loss. We had some chances, but we didn't do too well defensively. 6 points off the promotion spots icon_frown.gif.

BREAKING NEWS[/b}: I decided i've had enough. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Olhanense, but i just couldn't make the best out of my team. The Beira-Mar job became available, i applied for it and got it. icon_smile.gif

I only had time to just peak through a few players, and they don't look too good. The Olhanense players definitely were better. Secure finances, 3 million pounds transfer budget ( icon_redface.gif ), 2 million per annum under our wage budget. The team isn't doing too well in the league, sitting 12th, 3 points off the relegation spots. I'm confident we can survive though.

U. Lamas (A): My ass man selects the first eleven, i only make a few changes here and there. I hadn't noticed our opponents were just one place above us. Our start is rather shaky, but we manage to keep them away. A quick break on the attack provides us with the winner, even though the scorer got a red card soon after. Up to 11th, 5 points clear. Promotion is just 10 points ahead... who am i kidding? icon_rolleyes.gif

In other news, Julian has applied for the Olhanense job \o/, as Maia's chances of promotion have severely deteriorated after today's results.

Maia

16.12.07 Felguiras (A)

A former team of both myself and Jordi, coupled with Kostis' voodoo doll making an appearance leave me worried. I start a /kick war in IRC to distract the voodoo doll (via Kostis) while my lads run up a 2-0 win icon_biggrin.gif Still 10 points behind Adam though icon_frown.gif

Winter break passes without incident. I have lined up the signing of a former starlet from Sintrense who has been cast off by my successor at the age of 18. (He averaged 7.55 for me at age 16, but was inexplicably dropped when I left). I finally (after several efforts) managed to convince a superb young DLC from Lousada to join me at the end of April when his contract expires.

5.1.08 Salgueiros (A)

A third consecutive comfortable 2-0 win. Still 10 points behind Adam.

13.1.08 Aves (H)

No surprises with the result. 2-0 icon_biggrin.gif Or Adam's win icon_frown.gif

20.1.08 Vianense (H)

We are thwarted by the opposition GK who gets MoM. Despite outshooting them 17-0 we get a 0-0 draw icon_frown.gif My despair is compounded by news of Adam's first defeat of the season, meaning we could have closed the gap to 7 with a win icon_frown.gificon_frown.gif Still a point gained...[/clutching at straws]

27.1.08 Infesta (A)

Away at a bogey side. Oh dear. I think we can all see what's coming.

A 3-1 loss effectively ends my title hopes as we slip to 12 points behind Adam's Famalicao icon_frown.gif

3.2.08 Fafe (H)

A second straight 3-1 loss. icon_frown.gif Abject performance from my GK, it has to be said.

9.2.08 Boavista (A)

1-0 loss. It's over, isn't it? I'm now 5 points back of Boavista and 15 behind Adam.

17.2.08 Famalicao (H) Adam

We end the session with what could have been a six-pointer, but is now just a chance to reclaim some pride icon_frown.gif Our star SC is out, but his youth team deputy scores the winner in an even match, just decided by my forward's greater accuracy in front of goal. A 2-1 win restores that pride at least. Adam's lads still look to be a good bet to go up though.

I've been looking around at other jobs on the grounds that I'd rather not be all alone in D2BN next year. I applied for the Olhanense job Kostis vacated at the very end of the session, but of course had to leave my holiday instructions for Wednesday with the "Apply to jobs" box checked. Last time I did that I had 3 new jobs in quick succession. Cyber-me could be in for a wild ride.

Alverca

Some ups, some downs in this session.

Last game before the winterbreak at home against I won against Sp Covilhã with 2-0. As I usually loose the first and/or last game of the session I was curious what would follow.

Well, an away humping against Cyber Jordi's E. Amadora.2-0 down. getting back to 2-2 but condeding in the last minutes of the game another one. icon_frown.gif

That's the second loss against Cyber Jordi in a league game in a row. And to think of it; we both switched teams since the last meeting. icon_redface.gif

The next game, also away, and only a few days after the last one is the 6th round of the Cup. Away to Superleague Club Braga. Was hoping in not getting humiliated. Down 0-1, getting back to 1-1, loosing 1-2. icon_frown.gif. Not really shocking but still sorry for the loss.

Luckily after that game I got an unbeaten run the rest of the evening altough a bit too many draws and goals conceded in my opinion.

Moreirense Away. The first away win of the evening \o/. 2-0 even.

Unfortunatly the next game at home only a draw. 1-1 against Estoril.

Rio Ave Away. One of the subtoppers and outsiders for promotion. We didn't loose, we didn't win. 1-1 again.

Next coming to Alverca was Beira-Mar only a few weeks before Kostis took over. Ah well, at least I can say I beat his team icon_smile.gif. 1-0.

Playing away against Gil Vicente. Started off bad (0-1) but ended well (2-1) icon_smile.gif

Next at home came D. Sandinenses, outside relegation candidate. Started off bad (again, 0-1) but ended sad this time (2-2 after leading 2-1 in this game as well) icon_frown.gif

Strangely I'm still top of the league. 4 points clear from #2 and about 11 points clear from the first non-promotion spot. I'm started silently believing in the fact that we can get promoted with only about 9 games left.

Bad news chaps. My PC has some problem (don't ask for details, i don't have the foggiest what's wrong icon_frown.gif).Anyway, it won't load Windows XP, so i'm doubtful for Wednesday. Maybe i can play with the computer i'm using now, we'll see.

I won't have MSN for the next couple of days, i'll get mIRC installed though.

Beira-Mar

I got to know my team a bit better today. They aren't bad, if truth be told. A few decent DC's, the fullbacks are decent too when they're not injured. The midfield is rather thin. A 33yo AMC isn't quite past it yet , while a hopeful MC is his partner. We'll be in trouble if any of them gets injured. A DML occupies the left wing, with an AML as his back-up. We have problems in the right wing and the attack, i'll be looking to sign new players there and offload the existing crap ASAP.

First thing i did was raid the D2B divisions for the talented youngsters that'd always reject me when at Olhanense. Money isn't a problem anymore icon_cool.gif. So, the signings that will go through during the summer are:

GK from Portimonense - 6k.

GK from Amora - free.

FRC from Estrella V.N. - 60k.

DC from Moreirense - 85k.

DC from Estoril - 60k. (Hot, hot, hot icon_biggrin.gif)

AM/FRL from Juventude de Evora - 100k.

FR from Odivelas - 100k.

SC from Sporting Gijon - free, unless something better comes up.

I've also placed a bid for a young superstriker from Maia (Julian's old club - he moved to Olhanense \o/), and another bid for a flamboyant AMC from Moreirense. I sooo like having money icon_smile.gif

Oh, we played some games too tonight.

Alverca (H): Giziar's team visits us for a friendly, since we both have a week off. We win 4-2.

Vit. Guimaraes (H): We were leading 2-0 until the 87th minute, but opponents grab one back out of the blue. Still, no worries. 2-1 win.

Sp. Pombal (A): 1-1. We were unlucky in the first half, we could have won this one.

Olhanense (H): There's nothing funnier than playing your old team and watching their defence make the same mistakes they did when i was in charge. Maybe it wasn't my fault after all icon_biggrin.gif. A 4-0 win, Julian's new team don't get as much as a sniff on goal.

Sp. Covilha (A): They'll soon be relegated, so you'd expect an easy ride, right? Wrong. 2-0 loss, i ****ing hate facing teams about to be relegated during the last games of the season icon_mad.gif

E. Amadora (H): Jordi's team. We need to score twice before they stop threatening us. 3-0 win, not so easy as it sounds.

Moreirense (A): Promotion contenders. Their flamboyant AMC gives them the lead before i decide to take care of him once again. No problems after that, an easy 3-1 win.

We're sitting 8th, 6 points off the third spot. Still 3 games to go, they're all difficult.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>FR from Odivelas - 100k <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>You paid 100k for him? That sounds a bit much, but he did set up a hell of a lot for the SC I had (now at Alverca, I believe).

Only three games to go too? I assume that my AssMan is doing a great job, steering Penafiel towards relegation? icon_biggrin.gif

I recorded my first win as Olhanense manager against Penafiel in the last game of the session.

I took over the reins at Kostis old club and inherited a real mess. I guess Kostis had been beaten down by the board or something.

Staff: AssMan is clueless, as are all but one coach. AssMan is unbelievably on a big contract of 5 year duration. I find the first physio I've ever seen with less than a 20 rating. How did Kostis find a physio with an 8 rating? icon_eek.gif Shipped him out. Used the Portugal-Brazil tie to bring in a new AssMan, coach and decent physio. Renegotiated old AssMan down to a coach on a more managable contract of 1 year \o/

Players:

A Spanish U-21 FR/L on loan proved to be pants, even though his attributes looked good. Released him quickly. Spent much of the time attempting to spend the 26k I had been given (it won't be there when the new budget is released). At this time I have pre-signed 2 GKs (Kostis had none worth using, except a loaner), one of which was listed by my successor at Maia. I have also raided my former club for my 18yo DR and was in negotiations over my FLC, DC, DLC and AMC. Maia want more than I can afford for my M/SC, who was my #1 target icon_frown.gif

The FRLC Kostis had arranged to sign looks OK. An AMC he had signed is masked, so I have no idea if I want him, but my midfield is paper thin.

Games:

Lost to a dodgy penalty in my opener. Team looked OK, but a little toothless since Kostis had sold the best M/SC and the FRC was injured. Fullbacks look weak, but performed OK. Second game, DL was suspended, and we got punished because we have no replacement. Lost 5-0 and missed a penalty icon_frown.gif In our last game, FRC made a comeback and set up the winner over cyber-Mooski's Penafiel.

In all, an OK squad, but I can see why Kostis jumped ship. If I can get good value from my transfer kitty we could do OK. Technically we're still in it, 6 points back of 3rd with 9 to play for, but our next match is at Remco's newly promoted Alverca icon_wink.gif

Remco got promoted eh? I expect he should do the gentlemanly thing and throw the match icon_wink.gif.

Congrats Remco. It'll be nice to have company next season.

I'll be around on sunday, but will have to leave early (not too early, but a little) as my Sunday League begins.

Wahey! We got promoted! \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ icon_biggrin.gif

Alverca

Kind of a strange session though, I started badly, did great in the middle and ended badly.

Lost a friendly against Kostis' new team Beira-Mar. Excuse: I fielded my second choise, non-fit, players icon_wink.gif

Penafiel managed by Cyber Mooski was my next opponent at their ground. Two huge mistakes by my second choise DL spoiled the game for me. Game ended in 2-3.

Big news next was that Julian got Kostis' old job at Olhanense. Which makes Olhanense the second team with more then 1 human manager in their managerial history. Oddly; both teams which are managed by more then one manager are at least managed by Julian icon_rolleyes.gif

Signed a maybe decent Italian DC for the future, will be coming in the summer.

Then the hour of truth will be coming, the next two games are against two major competitors for the title/promotion places.

First at home against Espinho. We do great humping them 3-0. 1 goal by super SC (formerly once at Odivelas), 2 goals by loanie SC (was also at loan at Famalicão 2 seasons ago).

One of the coaches didn't want to re-new his contract at the wages I was offering so I poached the best coach I could find/afford. Odivelas Coaches: -1. Alverca Coaches: +1. icon_biggrin.gif

Next the all decisive match against Leiria. They were 4 points behind before they visited us. A win would mean we would run out nicely, a loss would mean the race would be wide open again.

From looking at the match you wouldn't expect the #2 was visiting the #1. In fact the match wasn't quite even. Even more; Leiria got completely trashed. A stunning 4-0 victory icon_redface.gif

I saved the match so I can replay the 3-0 goal later on. The ex-Famalicão AM/F RL scored from a stunning 45 yards! icon_eek.gif

Next away at just above bottom team U. Lamas. Strange game. Just before halftime we score 1-0, just after halftime they equalise with a penalty. After that we run to a 3-1 score. GK having an off-day and all of a sudden it's 3-3. Ex-Famalicão AM/F RL scoring the winning 4-3 \o/.

Vit Guimarães at Home. A win against the #14 team would mean we would secure promotion. Star SC suspended, Super SC got injured after 11 minutes. icon_frown.gif. Lots of chances for Vit Guimarães but GK having a good game (even getting MoM IIRC). No chances created though so it remains 0-0. Promotion not yet secured.

I decided to promote the new ex-Odivelas coach to ass.man and to demote my existing ass.man to coach.

Last game of the session playing away at heavily in trouble Sp. Pombal who are lying 15th in the league. I want to forget this game. It was horrible. It was awful.

I'm completly agreeing with Kostis' remark:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> i ****ing hate facing teams about to be relegated during the last games of the season icon_mad.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>.

Did I mention the score yet? I don't believe I want to mention it. It was a disgusting 0-4. icon_mad.gif

But, other teams in the top were loosing also which is meaning Alverca has secured promotion \o/ \o/ \o/ icon_smile.gif

Louletano

2007-08 Portugese Cup Champions.... \o/

We had the chance to do the double on the final day. We were on 55 pts. sporting on 53, Setubal on 53. We played Sporting away, Setubal visited Porto. Setubal easily handled Porto 3 - 0 which meant we had to win.

We took the lead in the second half only to see Sporting equalize. We had plenty of chances to win, as did they, but it ended 1 - 1. So we finished second, even though we had better goal difference. I guess we didn't fare to well against Setubal this season.

Still second place is our highest ever finish. That should be a CL place I'd imagine. At least qualifiers.

Some stats after the 07/08 season:

Louletano -- Seamus

Highest transfer fee spent: 230k

Highest fee received: 1.4 million

Time at club 1779 days

# of clubs: 1

Players bought: 28

Players sold: 8

Value bought: 1.3 million.

Value sold: 1.4 million.

# of awards: 1

League wins: 1, Cup wins: 1. W:100; drawn: 33, lost: 47 Scored 313; Conceded: 195

Alverca -- Giziar

fee spent: 95k

fee received 8k

time at club 353 days

players bought 25

players sold 13

value bought: 110k

value sold: 18k

number of teams: 4

League wins: 1 Games won: 67; drawn 34; lost 80; Goals scored 245; conceded 307

Beira-Mar -- Kfoolmoon

fee spent: 16k

fee received: 230k

time at club 106 days

players bought: 28

players sold: 28

value bought: 30k

value sold: 300k

# of teams: 2

League wins: 1; games won: 100; drawn 36; lost 52; Scored 389; conceded: 252.

Olhanese -- Julian

fee spent: 5k

fee received: 9k

time at club 91 days

players bought: 22

playesr sold 18

value bought: 8k

value sold: 24k

# of teams: 5

Games won:84; drawn:40; lost 68: scored 269; conceded 263.

more to follow.

Famalicao -- adax

fee spent: --

fee received -- 35k

players bought -- 2

players sold -- 10

value sold 70k

League wins: 1

Games won: 31; draw: 16; lost: 13: Scored 102; conceded: 51.

Penafiel -- Mooski

fee spent: 20k

fee received: 200k

time at club 847 days

players bought: 22

players sold: 24

value bought: 50k

value sold: 240k

Games won: 81; drawn:45; lost: 57; Scored: 374; conceded: 299.

E. Amadora -- Jordi II

fee spent: 5k

fee received: 10k

time at club: 233 days

players bought: 5

players sold: 10

value bought: 5k

value sold: 50k

# of teams: 3

games wom: 44;drawn: 29; lost: 40; scored:147; conceded: 133.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by seamus:

Some stats after the 07/08 season:

_

_ Beira-Mar -- Kfoolmoon _

fee spent: 16k

players bought: 28

value bought: 30k

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is so not updated. icon_biggrin.gif

Beira - Mar

3 games today. Drawn at home 0-0, lost away 3-1 and won at home 2-0. Our final position is 6th. Considering my new club were 12th when i first took control, i'm rather pleased.

Pre-season: I sign 11 or 12 players ( icon_eek.gif ). All for a fee of 1.4 million pounds. Those include: 1 GK, 2 DC's, an AMC, a DMC, an AML, an AM/FRL, an AM/FR, two M/SC's and an SC. Another GK will be signed on a free in September, and i loaned an AMC from Benfica. I intend to get rid of loads of players, in order to bring our wage budget a bit more under control. Board want us to challenge for promotion next season. Not sure what a failure would mean, i'd wager i'd be sacked icon_frown.gif

AM/FR and DMC are bought from Olhanense for a total of 75k and a exchange striker. Julian's in desperate need of this cash, as Olhanense are now officially bankrupt.

Julian: that AMC you wanted on loan signed for Olhanense \o/

Devon: your assman withdrew your offer for the Icelandic striker we were both after, so i signed him. icon_smile.gif

I guess Beira-Mar will need some time to gel, as at least 6 or 7 of the new signings will go straight into the first team. But i'm very happy with them, i really believe we could push for promotion this season.

Yay! - I managed to make it to the game last night.

Boo! - It was only for an hour.

Yay! - I didn't get relegated.

Boo! - My AssMan did a pretty good job, so I see my own neck on the line. (No, I'm not a contortionist.)

Yay! - I managed to sign a SC.

Boo! - My AssMan decided that having a squad of over 20 players is a bad idea so let some of my decent players leave without signing anyone.

Yay! - It's the end of my update.

Etc, etc.....

Alverca

Olhanense Home. Against Julians new team, a point would mean we would be Second League Champions. Olhanense made it a bit easier with a red card pretty early in the game. Final score: 2-0. Both goals by Super SC, both assists by Star SC (formerly once at Odivelas). Which ment: CHAMPIONS! \o/ \o/ \o/ icon_biggrin.gif

Sp. Colvilhã Away. Bottom team, already relegated. I was curious if my team could concentrate enough. luckily they did and we cruised to a 2-0 victory. Both SC's got a goal and an assist.

Last game of the season I'm hosting Jordi's E. Amadora. Jordi needing at least one point for 100% safety in the league. Loanie SC from Academica had returned to Academica, main 2 SC's got (slightly) injured soon in the game so I was playing with last choice SC's. We made a lot of attacks but couldn't score (d'oh). 0-0 Final score, which also means that I was unbeaten at home the entire season icon_cool.gif

Not that much activity at the transferfront here as at Kostis' team. Kostis truely behaving like a kid in the candystore icon_rolleyes.gif

After Kostis bought my first option striker from Adams Famalicão I searched a bit further. Bought the loanie Academica SC for cheap (40k, he's worth more) and bought the Porto SC which was at loan at Famalicão last season. A true bargain, only 50k while he's worth much more.

Secured the services of an experienced 33 year Uruguayan MRC who has played in his career at AS Roma.

Curious how the first season in the superleague will be going. But first: the Llama Shield.

Olhanense

Thanks Kostis icon_mad.gificon_wink.gif Despite having lined up 10 incoming transfers to rebuild the depleted squad Kostis left me, I was left grasping thin air when the aforementioned manager's fiscal problems dumped me into recievership just before all the players were to join icon_frown.gif

Fortunately, those transfers that were free still went through, and a player plus cash deal Kostis made for one of my many MRs helped, as I strengthened attack with a player I've been tracking since season #1 at Sintrense and made some cash. My cut of the fee also ensured that one of the cash based deals also went through (my old GK from Maia). Unfortunately the free deals were the young prospects I signed as squad backup rather than the certain first-team material. Money from another deal made by Kostis for a DMC (I didn't need him, and Kostis owed me a favour so didn't haggle over his price icon_wink.gif) has actually given me a transfer kitty going into August icon_eek.gif I set up one of the collapsed deals again using this cash (for a fullback I desperately need) but will need to wait 'til next session to push it through.

I've made a radical overhaul. Probably only 4, maybe 5 of Kostis team from last year are likely to be starters for me. I hope the team gels quickly icon_smile.gif I organised friendlies against former clubs to get them some practice (I have every confidence UCL bound Loule will put me out of the LLaMa shield at the first round stage). I have pulled wages into line, and the receivers look like they're steadying the ship. We have a good sponsor deal, tickets are selling well and we are actually in profit for the year. All my preseason games are at home, too, so hopefully a little cash flow will result, especially from entertaining Devon's superstars icon_smile.gif

Oh, and Kostis, that AMC may have signed on loan, but he was supposed to have joined for real before the bankruptcy icon_mad.gificon_wink.gif Although, tbh, this may be better, as I can get shot of him if he turns out to be crap like that Spanish U21 guy you loaned last year icon_smile.gif

I expect nothing would have changed even if i had stayed at Olhao, Julian. It was a miracle the club had managed to avoid bankruptsy so far. I was eagerly anticipating this summer as many contacts were due to expire and wouldn't renew any.

That FRL looked very promising, i was very surprised to see him perform like a one-legged donkey.

And let's not forget you now owe me 50k for that DMC icon_mad.gificon_wink.gif

You got a DMC and an AMR from me, and I also removed a player you wanted shot of from your squad. I'd say you got good value for money icon_razz.gif

If we're going to haggle, let's not forget you owe me an absolute fortune for the ridiculous staff contracts you handed out that I couldn't get rid of. That AssMan contract icon_rolleyes.gif And have I mentioned that physio with an 8 rating? icon_wink.gificon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kfoolmoon:

Devon: your assman withdrew your offer for the Icelandic striker we were both after, so i signed him. icon_smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If I had time to search my IRC logs, I'd post a chat where Kostis says, "are you planning on buynig that Icelandic player from Maritimo?"

Yes.

Kostis: I thought about it too, but I'm not going to.

Me: Yeah, he's probably not a first teamer for me, but a good back-up and can play in the early rounds of the suck ass cups.

Kostis: Oh, right. I'll bid too then.

[/paraphrase]

icon_rolleyes.gif

So I see you didn't make it to the LLaMa shield...have I mentioned that the one season I didn't win the shield was my crappest season. Certainly, this cup doesn't suck ass.

Did anyone notice if relegated Nacional were instated into Europe from the Cup final?

I've put large bids in for some players throughout Europe. Be interesting if any go through. I've 4.6 million to spend and my board, for the first time ever, expect European qualification this season. icon_eek.gif

So I see you didn't make it to the LLaMa shield... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Blame my ASSman. He cancelled four or five great deals I had negotiated, so I had some new business to take care of. icon_mad.gif Unfortunately for him, he's fired now. icon_wink.gif

So then we pick it up on Sunday right? as attendance is low tomorrow?

me--out

julian -- out

birthday c*nt Kostis-- out

giziar-- in

adax--??

mooski--doubtful, but he's sooooooo unreliable anyway. icon_wink.gif

jordi -- couldn't last the a clan session, can't imagine he'll be around tomorrow.

So then we pick it up on Sunday right? as attendance is low tomorrow?

me--out

julian -- out

birthday c*nt Kostis-- out

giziar-- in

adax--??

mooski--doubtful, but he's sooooooo unreliable anyway. icon_wink.gif

jordi -- couldn't last the a clan session, can't imagine he'll be around tomorrow. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Seamus - behave yourself. You know I would rather be playing with you guys, rather than creating a chronological list of receipts.

Sunday sounds good to me. It may be after 8 when I'm there though. Unless I'm banned because of low attendance, of course. icon_wink.gif

Beira-Mar

Good session for us tonight. First off, the LlaMa shield.

Penafiel (H): Cyber-Mooski's lot. We win 4-0, not allowing them a single key chance. Through to the semi.

Louletano (A): Last year's suprise Superleague package, they only look stronger this season. First half is balanced and ends 0-0. Seamus's reserves don't do so good in the second half, as we score 3 times icon_eek.gif before allowing a late consolation goal. 3-1 win, through to the final.

E. Amadora (A): Jordi's lot. Despite the game crashing at some point, we continue from where we left off to win 2-0. LlaMa Shield winners for the first time ever \0 icon_biggrin.gif

My assman then guides us to a superb 2-0 win over Celta.

Last friendly of the season against Adam's Famalicao. Game crashes while we're leading 3-0, we win the replay 2-0. Great pre-season, on with the real thing now.

E. Amadora (H): Cyber Jordi's lot again. A comfortable 3-0 win, we rarely looked troubled in the back once again. Top of the table for the first time ever \o/.

Varzim (H): First game against an AI controlled team for this season. 0-0 + Superkeeper = : icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

Famalicao (A): AM/FC gives us the lead through a penalty after 43 and secures all 3 points after 70 minutes with yet another superb effort (he had scored some stunners during the pre-season games). 2-0 win, up to 2nd place with 7 points. 6 games in a row without allowing a single goal icon_eek.gificon14.gif

Now, the next session is the key. If we do well, we're in with a good chance to achieve promotion. I usually suck arse at that time of the year though icon_frown.gif

3 games in and Kostis is already speaking about promotion... icon_rolleyes.gif

Louletano

I made two last minute signings, the main one being a poofy Nigerian who has a penchant for goals and backflips... icon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gif. For a bargain to, I think. Some 1.6 million with more once he hits his goal tally, which ought to be soon. And not all of it up front. I sure hope my AssMan registerd him for the CL. Still looking for another DC, maybe 1 more midfielder and if I find the right one, another striker.

Speaking of which, Kostis, what was the one thing you said you do? :ahem: Unreliable Greeks.

And ousted by a Greek in the LLaMa Shield. A bit unjust, as my reserves in defense were run around. I was already worried about fixture congestion, with the super cup only a week away and the first match three days after that. But Kostis deserved the win, thanks to that Icelandic bloke he didn't want to buy until I talked him into it. icon_smile.gif

We won the Portugese Super Cup 1 - 0 over Setubal. Supporters were pleased and claimed I've worked "miracles." icon_biggrin.gif

In the league we dispatched of newcomers Alverca (Remco)-- I think it was 4 - 2. And then took on Academica, who are tipped for the title. We beat them 5 - 0 thanks to being up a man for quite some time.

Julian will be happy to know, only 8 more goals to go when I left.

More of the session was played, so if someone wants to update me...that would be great. icon_smile.gif

Speaking of which, Kostis, what was the one thing you said you do? :ahem: Unreliable Greeks.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Beats me, what is it? icon_confused.gif

Anyway, Louletano have won 5 on the trot in the league. Top already.

Your CL group consists of Maccabi Tel Aviv, Deportivo and Partizan. Not bad at all icon14.gif

Archived