LLM Iberian Clan Online Game (or the: 'I'm late! I'm so very, very late!' thread)

My apologies for not getting in contact with anyone yesterday. We had... errrr... problems yesterday. The main one being I completely forgot about the session and remembered at about 11pm, at which point I had my brain firmly tuned into the Patriots victory over the Cardinals in that US Helmetball game.

I shall try my hardest to be there on Wednesday, at which point you can all kick my ars€. icon_biggrin.gif

How did my sorry shower do yesterday? I assume my AssMan signed some idiots, as I gave him free role in my absence.

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Played my first round of the Llama Shield against Jordi's E. Amadora. Leading comfortably until late in the game so I subbed most of the regulars. E. Amadora scores both in the 85th as in the 92nd minute to make it a tie. Of course I loose in the penalty shoot-out. icon_mad.gif

Played some friendlies with a decent result including a 3-0 against Julian's Olhanense icon_wink.gif

Real season started off with a humping against Louletano, lost 2-4, GK having an off-day.

Next game ended my one year unbeaten streak at home. Porto hammered us with 0-3, GK having another off-day.

Since this match GK and I started to dislike eachother, GK even asking for transfer icon_rolleyes.gif

Next game away against fellow promoted team Rio Ave, I reckon we need to get the points from this sort of teams. Where we ought to score, we didn't. Where they ought to score, they did. icon_mad.gif 0-1. Completely at the bottom of the table now.

We hosted P. Pereira next. A nice and very welcome good performance. Finally a win, and no small victory but a good 3-0 icon_smile.gif

I feared the worst while visiting Braga, one of the topteams and currently having a record of 12 out of 4. We managed to hold on the whole game and even managed to score in the 91st minute \o/. Underserved?, nah icon_wink.gif.

Midtable again. phew.

Downside: superstriker out for 2 months. icon_frown.gif

Jordi should give cyber jordi a managing course very quickly as E. Amadora is currently lying deadlast in the Second League with a 0 out of 3 record icon_eek.gif.

We played 5 friendlies, either against other human teams or my old teams. Our record P5, W0, D3, L2, GF0 and GA8. Basically we had three bore draws, and Louletano stuffed us 5-0 in the shield (no surprises there then icon_smile.gif, although in our defence I'd like to point out half my team had only just met each other and my DR from Maia and new DC (now our captain) didn't arrive till the day after this) and Remco's lot beat us 3-0 in a game my only SC got sent off for violent conduct in. He was disciplined, suspended for weeks by by the FA and then the receivers sold him out from under me icon_eek.gif I have several forwards, but no SCs any more icon_frown.gif

So after a goalless preseason, having sold our only genuine SC, yes you guessed it - we're leading scorers in the second league icon_biggrin.gif

We start with two 3-3 away draws, the first at cyber-Mooski's place where we managed to let the hosts equalize in the 92nd minute /o\

In our second, on transfer deadline day, we're trailing 3-2 with not long left when a trialist SC (my scouts loved him, his numbers are pants) comes off the bench to bang in the equalizer on his debut. I effect the fastest transfer I've ever seen to hang on to him as cover for my forwards (having hit OK on the bid screen I instantly got all the messages up to his signing, given that the receivers are negotiating contracts).

Our final game of the session is a 1-0 home win. So we're unbeaten, something I would never have guessed given the end of last season and the preseason. Still, we'll pick up a loss first game on Wednesday when my AssMan entertains free-spending Kostis' Beira-Mar icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kfoolmoon:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by seamus:

Speaking of which, Kostis, what was the one thing you said you do? :ahem: Unreliable Greeks.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Beats me, what is it? icon_confused.gif

Anyway, Louletano have won 5 on the trot in the league. Top already.

Your CL group consists of Maccabi Tel Aviv, Deportivo and Partizan. Not bad at all icon14.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good man Kostis. icon14.gif

Even if it took a little prodding. icon_wink.gif

Beira - Mar

Things are going very well, much better than i hoped to be honest.

Olhanense (A): Julian's lot, their manager's tricks allow him to pseudo-manage his team. We need 35 minutes to take the lead through a DC, who scores from a corner. We double our lead a few minutes later, and extend it even more in the second half. 3-0 win.

Maritimo (H): They were relegated from the Superleague last season, and going strong so far. Nothing much happens in the first half. But our super-striker scores after 68 minutes, and his partner doubles it 6 minutes later. 2-0 win, 3 points clear on top of the second division \o/.

Vit Guimaraes (H) Portuguese Cup 3rd round: I have no idea why we got a fixture so early. I'd long decided the cup would suck arse this season, as we'd push for promotion, so i field my second string. The defenders make some awful mistakes allowing 3 goals (one of them was a 40 yard belter). A brazilian striker gets 2, but it's not enough. 2-3 loss, out of the cup for this season.

Vit. Guimaraes (A): These guys look like they want to be our bogey team icon_rolleyes.gif, as they take the lead twice before the half hour mark. A few tweaks to match their strange tactics, and we end the first half winning 3-2. Under pressure in the second half, but we are able to withstand it. 3-2 win, revenge for the cup loss.

Espinho (H): 15th in the league, a must win for us. A penalty and a dismissal against them makes it easy, as we cruise to a 4-0 win.

Penafiel (H): Mooski's lot, guided my his assman. Another 4-0 win, we extend our lead to 7 points, just before 3 away games in a row - all against strong looking teams.

Gondomar (A): That's the first of the 3. Yet another superb defensive performance, we only allow them 1 shot throughout the game. We hit the woodwork once in each half, with my AM/FR making a supreme performance. We score after one hour of play and double the lead a bit later. 2-0 win, 9 points clear.

Looks like our summer spending spree is paying off, as we've only drawn one league game in 9 so far icon_redface.gif. Not to mention we've only conceded 5 goals, and those in just 2 games. Hope we can keep this up. Jordi's E. Amadora are second, closely followed by Gil Vicente, who host us first thing on Sunday.

Olhanense

By the wonders of modern remote control software I am able to at least monitor the game from work \o/. I wished I hadn't during the first match as Kostis' expensively assembled team showed you can buy results icon_wink.gif We recovered to play better in subsequent matches, picking up a couple of decent away draws and a 4-0 thrashing of someone or other I fail to recall.

Bascially, we're solid midtable. A lack of a real top class striker is our downfall, as we don't even have the route 1 option to clear our lines. Our midfield is beginning to gel much better, and if I can pick up that elusive target man in the January sales we may be able to make a push for the top half of the table. To that end, I'm anxiously watching the progress of a certain ex-Olhanense M/SC at Loule, who if he scores 6 more league goals will earn us 50k, of which a healthy cut will swell the transfer kitty. I need him to get there before Jan 1st though.

Penafiel

OK, so I haven't posted a report in a while, what with me not being around as much any more, and I only managed a couple of hours last night, so I can only comment on what I played.

The Assman had the first three games (which were played last session) and did well: two draws and a win. So when I took over and lost, the AssMan wasn't happy, although it was against Maritimo and because they were playing a daft formation, I had to change mine a bit to compensate. I was relatively happ with the performance though.

Then two consecutive league wins with a cup defeat in between to a non-league side. The defeat was just one of those things, I guess. Cups are for girls anyway.

And my last game of the session was a defeat by Gondomar, put down from a distraction by a young lady wanting some sweet, sweet lovin'. Damn you Beyoncé! You cost me three points! icon_mad.gif

We have had a few injuries throughout the start of the season, most notably my DMC who is out with a hamstring injury for 6 months. He'll be missed.

Alverca

Ever since my GK started to dislike me he plays terrific. Even getting a MoM here and there.

With main striker out due to injury we didn't manage to score much, in fact only 1 every game. No, no average, just 1 every game icon_smile.gif

Good news is we conceded even way less icon_biggrin.gif

Académica, one of the topteams, Away was the first game of the evening. They score. They have pressure. We hang on. They have pressure. We score \o/.

1-1.

Esposende at home next, one of the lesser teams in the league. They got one send off after 29 minutes. It takes us more then 60 minutes but we can score a goal. Final score a 1-0 victory.

Away to Belenenses. We don't concede a goal which means another 1-0 victory. Ex-Famalicão AM/F RL grabs a wonderful goal after running over atleast half the field.

We host Atlético and manage to get a clean sheat again. Yup another 1-0 victory.

Final game of the evening was away to title holders Vit. Setúbal. Normally I would think that would mean a certain loss but since session was going so well I even went with a little hope to the game. We were great. Vit. Setúbal scored just before ht, we score just after halftime. Final score 1-1, we take a point home from the current champions icon_eek.gif

All in all an outstanding session for Alverca. In stead of deep in relegation trouble we are actually somewhere in the upper part of midtable. If we only could continue a bit like this ... icon_rolleyes.gif

Louletano

Spent much of the session on holiday so I didn't play many of my league matches. We won them all except the last one againt Benfica who scored in the final minutes to win 2 - 1. We're top of the table.

Champions League:

The AssMan has done it again. My second best striker, my to AMR, my best DL, and an MC all ineligible as he didn't register them.

Drew at home 2 - 2 with M. Tel-Aviv. They had 3 shots, we had 24. This proves costly.

Deportivo Away. They beat us. By quite a few even though I went up 2 - 0.

Partizan Belgrade Away. It wasn't close. We lost.

Partizan Belgrade at Home: 3 - 2 win thanks to a last minute winner from the Nigerian.

That gives us 4 points. M. Tel-Aviv 5. Partizan 6 and Depor 7 if I remember. games against Tel-Aviv Away and then Depor Home.

We're reaping the benefits of the money tree we planted (220k for a win in the CL, 110 for a draw, plus mega gate receipts) and are looking forward to the January transfer window, though I've already started offering.

I've my eye on two young DCs unfortunately, both are human managers, an MC from a second league side, a Striker from a second league side and GK from Spain I think are just a few of the targets in miind. Not to mention the Yankees I'm still trying to buy.

Latest news from Olhanense

We start at home to a contender...

Varzim (H) 1-0 Win. Not our most effective performance, but we defend solidly.

Fafe (H) Cup R4 Win 3-2 aet. We were crap and lucky. A 117th minute penalty is the winning goal.

Famailcao (A) Adam. Lost 5-0. As usual we're crap against a human opponent. Having to play a bunch of reserves because the regulars were knackered after the cup game didn't help. I once again learn that going gung-ho only lets the opposition run up a big score rather than getting me back into it.

E. Amadora (H) Jordi. A human opponent. Oh goody! Another abject loss. 2-0 to the visitors.

Gil Vicente (H). I used my midweek break during Devon's CL match to build a new tactic. It didn't work icon_frown.gif We get a 1-1 draw courtesy of a fluked goal by our DC.

Maritimo (A) Tweaked the new tactic a bit. Still didn't ssem to be working as we went 1 down, but two comedy goals put us ahead and we then ice it with a real one. \o/

I'll need to spend the 16k transfer budget I just got from Loule for M/SC's goal clause if I'm to stay up, I fear. The receivers are making it difficult to buy players by giving out crap contracts.

Belenenses (A) Cup R5 Lost 4-2. We gave it a ride though, only conceding the 4th in the last minute as we threw the kitchen sink at them. Unfortunately despite them being a superleague team the gate was only 3,000 icon_frown.gif

Espinho (H) If only we played like this every week..... A nice 2-0 win where we seemed to do the basics right. The defenders closed down and tackled and the forwards troubled the opposition.

The Maritimo job opened up, National rep and secure finances. I applied unsuccessfully.

We just about have time to return after the winter break..

Gondomar SC (A) A come-from-behind away point. 1-1 draw. We didn't play badly, but I 'd hoped for better.

A rollercoaster session. We did improve when I threw my old tactics out of the window, but my efforts to bring in a decent SC have been severely hampered by the receivers, who have knocked back at least three decent players for whom I have had bids accepted by offering "laughable" and "pitiful" wages icon_frown.gif

I have a decent enough kitty to buy a couple of much needed reinforcements, but the way things are going I won't be able to get them contracts and I'll lose the funds in the summer budget setting icon_frown.gif

Beira - Mar

Another great session for us, promotion is something less than certain - unless i somehow manage to screw it up.

Gil Vicente (A): This lot seem to be the strongest AI team out there. A rock solid performance and a 2-0 win.

D. Sandinenses (A): Third consecutive away match, a rather difficult one too. Nevertheless, we score our customary 2 goals and keep our customary clean sheet.

Ac. Viseu (H): They're dead last. Young MC scores his first goal of the season just before half time, Icelandic striker wraps it up 7 minutes before time. 2-0 as usual.

U Madeira (A): 13th at the time. Once again we score twice, but keeper ****s up royally in both chances our hosts create. 2-2 draw.

Moreirense (H): 2 goals on the 68th and 74th minute, one for each striker. 2-0 win. I hate this team, hope they go down this season. icon_smile.gif

Varzim (A): They're the only team that got away with a draw from our place. An early goal by the Icelandic bloke, but their keeper is amazing. He holds out until the 77th minute, and then cracks up to allow 5 more goals icon_redface.gif. 6-0 victory, we avenge the home draw.

Famalicao (H): Adam's team is pushing for promotion. First minutes are uneventful, but my young MC scores his second of the season with a header. Adam's lot force my defence to make their first real mistake of the season, as they equalise and miss another good chance. 1-1 at half time, that's the first goal we concede at home. We improve in the second half to run out 3-1 winners.

Lying first after 16 games, some 16 points clear of 2nd place Gil Vicente. 4 human managers are fighting for the other two promotion spots, which is good news.

The January transfer window is open. We've secured the services of an AMR from Fatima on a free for the summer and have offered a contact to a good-looking DLC from Camacha. A cultured MC from Vit. Guimaraes interests me, but his team doesn't seem too eager to sell.

Sold a DR to Remco for 45k plus a 20% sell-on clause. Still looking for a backup DL and a DMC, although the young MC's form is picking up.

More human clashes coming up soon \o/.

Oh, and Julian:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>05.2.06 Juventude de Evora Jordi (A)

well, you know what's coming.. Much like the game at Vasco da Gama, except Jordi are still below us. Deserved win for him. My team have just collapsed since the injustice that was the Odivelas game.

Applied for the vacant Maia job after Mooski mentioned he turned it down. Certainties for relegation from second league, I figure at least they'll be playable next year :/ <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

and...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>The Maia Chronicles Chapter 1.

We're already down unless a miracle occurs, so I have 5 games to organize my squad and line up players for next year.

23.4.06 Moreirense (H)

I win my first game in charge. My defence look solid and we nick a couple of set piece goals after the break. 2-0. Safety is only 10 points ahead with 4 games left...

Who am I kidding? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Penafiel

So since I last was here, many games have been played. I left before the end of the last session, leaving my Assistant Manager in control, his first game being against Kostis and Beira-Mar. Ha!

A 4-0 defeat. icon13.gif

But since then, my man has done well with two wins and a draw. However, I have let the side down yet again. After a slow session (for me at least), I managed to play only four games, one win and three consecutive draws. So while our unbeaten run of seven games is good, three wins out of seven isn’t promotion worthy to be honest. The strange thing is that I am still up there with a shout of promotion, sitting in 3rd, as others around me are drawing or losing too.

Apart from the Greek poof, he’s screaming away at the top of the table with his millions of Euros in the bank. Poof!

I know there was at least one more game played after I left last night. Hopefully the Assman got me a victory.

Does anyone know?

Louletano

CL Group Stage

Deportivo 7

Partizan 6

Tel-Aviv 5

Louletano 4.

It didn't look good with two games to play. Tel-Aviv away and Depor at Home. After the first round of matches, I needed to win my final 3 to qualify. We beat Partizan last session and prepped for a tough trip to Israel. We eeked out a 2 - 1 win, which didn't bode well for Depor's visit. We took the lead 1 - 0 just prior to HT. Only to see Depor eqaulize on 46 mins. It stayed that way for a while until my Nigerian striker decided it was time to play and we won 3 - 1.

\o/ WAHEY \o/

Our gift is now a visit from Juve.

Superleague

Forgive me if I wasn't quite paying attention to some of these results.

Another session without a loss, though we did draw with Remco at his place, 1 - 1. Good match though I did rest some players being that Depor was the next match on the Tues. Still, Remco, has a strong side and they have a chance at European qualification. We're top of the table by some 12 points come winter break. If we don't win the league, I'll be very disappointed.

Not much luck signing players this session. After an MC, but they're not selling. Did sign a German SC playing in Spain. Looking forward to his arrival in January. Almost convinced Mooski to give up his DC, but he changed his mind, alas. I've offered to clear up his debt though. Fortunately, January will take place on the Wednesday session. icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by seamus:

Almost convinced Mooski to give up his DC, but he changed his mind, alas. I've offered to clear up his debt though. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>That's because you offered a player I had enquired about and no extra cash. If you were to make me a different offer, I may be persuaded.

Oh Guys,

Got some last minute social obligations as I'm wanted/requested over at my parent's.

Guess I will be back around/slight after 10pm Portuguese Time.

Sorry for the late notice.

Oh, and for the ignorant poofs, Portugal is in the same time zone as Poofland. icon_wink.gif

Beira - Mar

Due to Remco's social obligations (icon_mad.gificon_biggrin.gif), we only had time for 3 matches, seeing as we're in the midst of the winter transfer window.

Estoril (A): Usually challenging or promotion, this lot has just moved out of the relegation spots and is lying 9th. We go off to a bad start, as all our chances are sent to orbit. They even have the insolence to take the lead just before half time. We react well in the second half and equalise early. A sub striker gets the winner in the 92nd minute \o/.

E. Amadora (A): Jordi's lot, challenging for promotion. They score early, their superkeeper even saves a penalty in the 30th minute. We fail to convert our chances to goals and all looks set for our first league defeat of the season. But my super-striker equalises from a corner in the 80th minute, and the same sub-striker gets the winner in nijury time \o/.

Olhanense (H): Julian's lot are challenging for promotion as well. Game is rather stale until we score in the 24th minute. We miss a few chances here and there all the way until the 80th minute, where a young and hopeful M/SC (formerly at Julian's Maia) extends our lead and secures all 3 points \o/.

We're first, 20 points clear of 2nd place with 10 games to go.

I also sign a few more players icon_biggrin.gif. An 18yo DLC from Camacha who joins on a free, a striker from Farense for 80k, and a youth AMC from Machico for 100k. One slight problem remains unsolved: we need a first team DR, but my scouts haven't found anyone yet. We have plenty of time for that though.

Just a sidenote guys: i'll probably miss the Sunday session, due to lack of computer to play on. I'll try to agree terms with Ma', but it's not likely to happen icon_frown.gificon_wink.gif

Louletano

Suck Ass Cup: 1 - 0 win over rivals Vit. Setubal.

2 - 2 draw with some superleague side next.

Bye weekend followed

Might have played one more match but I left before it.

Unable to agree to terms for any player I'd like to buy. I'm not desperate for players so going about it with caution. I hope Mooski shows up on Sunday. icon_smile.gif

I am unable to agree terms with any players either icon_frown.gif Well, not me actually, but the bloody receivers icon_mad.gif We have 20-some thousand quid in the transfer kitty (the most I have ever had) but are unable to spend it due to the "pitiful" wages being offered, probably because we are over-budget. I managed to offload 4 players and about 1k a week in wages, bringing the wages under budget for the first time, in the hope that it would free up some salary for new signings. A hotshot young SC from Braga did finally consent to join us on loan, but we're still drawing a blank on real signings.

In terms of results we had one of each. A 2-2 draw in our opener, followed by a 2-0 win over cyber-Mooski's Penafiel and a 2-0 loss at all-conquering Beira-Mar. We're still in the hunt, but we do need to put together a consistently good run of form next session to give us a shot at promotion.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kfoolmoon:

Just a sidenote guys: i'll probably miss the Sunday session, due to lack of computer to play on. I'll try to agree terms with Ma', but it's not likely to happen icon_frown.gificon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

WAHGERTY!!!!11 Made an enquiry, and after strenuous negotiations we've agreed terms icon_biggrin.gif. Which means i'll probably show up on Sunday \o/.

Alverca

Since it looks like I forgot to post sunday's session first a quick recap of sunday

Leiria Home. 4-1 win, all 4 goals scored between the 21st and 32th minute.

Ovarense Away. 4th round of Cup. 3-1

Chaves Away. Bottom Team. Lost.. ending my Alverca non-losing recored of 9 games. icon_frown.gif

Leixões Home. Walkover. 4-0.

Benfica Away. 2-2 after leading 2-0 icon_frown.gif

Louletano Home. Quite decent 1-1. Reserve Goalie getting MoM.

Boavista Away. Cup 5th round. Cups suck arse. Fielded my strongest team since Boavista is not the worst team around even if they are currently in 2B-North. Lost 1-2, Reserve Goalie having a total off-day.

Porto Away. Total team having off-day. 0-3

Sporting Home. Boring. Very boring. 0-0.

Wednesday's session:

Rio Ave. Playing at home against fellow promotionists of last season and both hanging around just above the middle of the league. We got an early penalty and dominated till the final score of 3-0 was achieved. \o/.

Next away against P. Ferreira who are bottom of the league. On top of that their manager just received an ultimatum that he had to win his next game. Afraid team would play their heart out for their manager. Well after getting a few big chances they did get the first goal icon_mad.gif. After that it was the event of my star striker, scoring 3 in a row and getting the assist for the fourth. That they scored the 4-2 didn't matter much icon_smile.gif

Very quickly after the match the job of manager for P. Ferreira became available icon_biggrin.gif

Just a sidenote guys: i'll probably miss the Sunday session, due to lack of computer to play on. I'll try to agree terms with Ma', but it's not likely to happen icon_frown.gificon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

WAHGERTY!!!!11 Made an enquiry, and after strenuous negotiations we've agreed terms icon_biggrin.gif. Which means i'll probably show up on Sunday \o/. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you send your own computer for rehabilitation yet? icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jcb23:

WAHGERTY!!!!11 Made an enquiry, and after strenuous negotiations we've agreed terms icon_biggrin.gif. Which means i'll probably show up on Sunday \o/. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you send your own computer for rehabilitation yet? icon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not yet. I'll have to make a board request for that, but you know how boards react icon_frown.gificon_wink.gif

I could be all set by Wednesday if all goes well.

Archived