Saint Ettiene story

Carlf788

After loads of uninspiring saves I never expected to finally have my most fun save and project in the last few weeks of FM19! St Ettiene a club I have always liked and with a great history I set about trying to topple PSG and get them to European cup finals again.

I use a diamond formation every game. I am in 2022 and have won 2 league cups so far and I have just made the Europa league final in knocking out Man U and now Real Madrid on the way! I have signed and developed  a load of young talent. My team cohesion is maxed out as I have largely used the same 11 for the last 3 years now.

Lovro Majer is the most expensive signing I've made at 18m and he is the tip of my diamond and modern day platini!

My 2 league cup wins were made even sweeter as one was at our fierce rivals Lyons ground and the other was in our own stadium v PSG on penalties! I have came 4th the last 2 seasons so I'm looking to make the jump into the CL spots next year but I could qualify if we beat Roma in the Europa league final. 

I signed a left back called Zagre off Monaco for 11m when he was only 16 and just sold him to Real Madrid for 62m. The top 2 in Ligue 1 seems a long way off though with both PSG and Monaco regularly spending 50-100m on players. A few screenshots below...

Edited by Carlf788

incredible match in the semi final v Real Madrid god knows how we won that away leg after getting battered all game.

Robin signed for 5m from Rennes and looks an incredible prospect.It took me the first year to ship out the deadwood and create this team but now its coming to fruition. I took Rabic my keeper from the under 19s when he was 17 and played him regularly now he's a 20 year old wonderkid. 

Rafael Leao reminds me of Aubameyang too went from the being out in the cold at Milan to being prolific at Saint Ettiene scoring 25 plus a season for me for the last 3 seasons. Him and Fernandez have got over 50 a season between them and I like the old school 2 up top. 

Also the majority of my bench and back up players are all from the youth team or prospects signed for peanuts. Hopefully I beat Roma in the Europa league final to get St Ettiene at europes top table once more as the top 3 in the league seems a struggle at the moment. I reckon a left back and top CM in the summer away from been a very decent team

Screenshot (59).png

Screenshot (60).png

Screenshot (61).png

Screenshot (62).png

Screenshot (65).png

Screenshot (63).png

Screenshot (64).png

Edited by Carlf788

Gutting a 2-1 loss in the final to a good but beatable Roma team who only had 1 shot on target! All them heroics at Old Trafford and the bernabeu to not really turn up in the final. Work om the squad over the summer and hopefully go 1 better next season and/or get top 3 in the league

Screenshot (70).png