MLS long term save?

Martin93

Hi, I just wonder has anyone here done any long term saves in MLS in this game? I mostly wonder because I have started to watch MLS more and more on tv the last years, mainly Seattle Sounders, but in FM over the years I always found myself to be ''forced'' to play in PL since that is the league I get the most challange. But now I want to try MLS, just done a few short 1-2 seasons saves there before. But I wonder if anyone has done any long term saves and can say how good/bad that league has become? I just wonder if it's a league with high potential to become a pretty good league, or if they will stay at pretty much the same level all the time. I love to do long term saves with develop youth players, and hope MLS is a league where that can be fun for the long term. So what is your expectations with MLS if you have done any long term saves there?

I've played a few saves in MLS (mostly clubs & country challenges with TFC and Canada) and it is a fun league to play because of very unique rules and format - you won't find salary cap, trades, superdraft or expansion draft in other leagues. The thing is, AI tends to struggle a lot with all these rules (especially roster limit and squad building) and human player can easily take advantage, especially with smart handling of allocation money and international spots. In my experience you can really dominate the league within a couple of seasons, and then it gets even easier. Developing youth players is kinda hard because B teams play in inactive leagues, though a feature announced for FM 20 was a revamped implementation of B teams so this might change with FM 20.

7 hours ago, kandersson said:

I've played a few saves in MLS (mostly clubs & country challenges with TFC and Canada) and it is a fun league to play because of very unique rules and format - you won't find salary cap, trades, superdraft or expansion draft in other leagues. The thing is, AI tends to struggle a lot with all these rules (especially roster limit and squad building) and human player can easily take advantage, especially with smart handling of allocation money and international spots. In my experience you can really dominate the league within a couple of seasons, and then it gets even easier. Developing youth players is kinda hard because B teams play in inactive leagues, though a feature announced for FM 20 was a revamped implementation of B teams so this might change with FM 20.

Yes, I know about the unique rules, that is one off the main reasons why I want to play MLS more. But the AI is what I feared, that it would become to easy... That is the reason why I feel ''forced'' to go to England, because of the insane TV money and often the ''easy brexit'' makes it so even how many weird things the AI do, they still have so much money and easy rules that they still manage to build good teams. And this is the main reason why FM 19 is by far my least played FM, because im so tired of England(or Europe in general, even as a Arsenal supporter) and want to try differant things. But the weak spots, like AI in MLS never gets improved in FM...

MLS has developed so much irl the last 10-20 years, while in FM it normally gets weaker and weaker each season...