Licensed Versions

janrzm

Assuming it's already been mentioned but just in case.

Give us a beautifully modelled version of the licensed clubs home stadium in these versions of the game. I can't see how that wouldn't be possible if you are sitting down with clubs and agreeing deals to use their club badge and player faces. Having the home ground of your favourite club modelled in the game means your looking at something realistic in 50% of your games. A giant leap forward surely.

It has been mentioned before and SI are aware of the community requests for this feature.  They have indicated that there are licensing restrictions in place and they presumably have to balance the costs involved in obtaining those licenses against the commercial advantage in having them

I am aware of the community requests for accurate stadiums and the reasons previously put forward for their absence. 

As I see it, the real news in these licensed versions is the fact that SI have shown a willingness to sit down with the likes of Arsenal and Valencia and do a deal around player images and brand identity. Faces and badges, whilst great are easily accessible to anyone that mods, even a novice can achieve this. This, by definition limits the commercial impact of a licensed version IMO, unless of course it includes something else I'm not aware of.

I'm making the point that if SI wanted to include significant added value, lets see an attempt to negotiate a replica stadium model with a club as well and assess the commercial benefits of it.

• 2 months later...